Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe HT were using the concept art and color changed during film production

cap2-539x570.jpg

Would've been better IMO if instead of the standard weaving scupt there was a 'peeling the mask off' sculpt or a BD of the mask torn and falling apart showing the Red Skull underneath.

I think the long neck is to prevent him looking like a scrunched-up turtle in that heavy coat with the tall collar. If you look at the photos with it on, there reeeaaaalllly isn't that much room left there before turtle-ing out. I think a slightly too-long neck looks better than a too-short one, if I had to pick.

As for the feet, they look fine. A normally-proportioned person's foot is supposed to be almost the same length as the forearm. This isn't even counting pointy shoes as fashion statements and the like.

Uniform colour aside, I think HT really outdid themselves here on the head sculpts. They're phenomenal, and I hope it's a good indicator of things to come. I'm not getting this because I didn't care for the movie, but man that is one fine set of head sculpts. Oi and the tailoring on the uniform is pretty awesome too.

I think the long neck is to prevent him looking like a scrunched-up turtle in that heavy coat with the tall collar. If you look at the photos with it on, there reeeaaaalllly isn't that much room left there before turtle-ing out. I think a slightly too-long neck looks better than a too-short one, if I had to pick.

When you're asking for 200 bucks, there's only one choice: the right one

As for the feet, they look fine. A normally-proportioned person's foot is supposed to be almost the same length as the forearm. This isn't even counting pointy shoes as fashion statements and the like.

Guess you haven't seen this yet:
(we're just making fun of this photoshop error, so chill, we're not really nitpicking :lol)
Is it me or his foot really long in this picture?

400394_10150453026607344_58690437343_8837915_871464058_n.jpg

This figure is so bought for me! Been waiting for this come up for ages.

Outfit looks great. Accessories are somewhat lacking. HS..they nailed it! :yess:

Now I want my Loki to be next..

This figure is so bought for me! Been waiting for this come up for ages.

Outfit looks great. Accessories are somewhat lacking. HS..they nailed it! :yess:

Now I want my Loki to be next..

I think we all get a little carried away with wanted exactly what WE want. There are a lot of WE's and its impossible to make thousands of people all happy. Many of which want different accessories, sculpts, variants, colors, outfits, weapons, packaging, etc....

We are complaining about the price now. If included ALL that everyone wanted, it would be even more.

I am thrilled with this. It's a few dollars more than I expected, but not so much that it stopped me from ordering. I am fine with all the accessories, although a rifle would have been cool too. Either way, I am so glad this is going to be on my shelf in a few months.

the only reason the necks on some figures look long is because the true types dont have a realistic trapezius muscle.

31_711200382034.jpg

thats true...but its also by design.

The thickness of the clothes on HT figures is much greater than on real people so the head needs to be further from the body for the clothes to look normal

(we're just making fun of this photoshop error, so chill, we're not really nitpicking :lol)

Ah I see. Not gonna lie, I stared at the feet in the photo on the previous page for a while trying to figure out what everyone was talking about. :slap

Main uniform (judging by the piece of trousers which u can see under coat) looks pretty dark green here...
Strange :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7zk9ovL7rk&feature=g-u&context=G23dc013FUAAAAAAAAAA[/ame]

Back