Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
let us know how you attach it. Thats where I had the most trouble with mine

It's hard to explain in text, and I am not home right now to take a pic, but it is a set of 2 hinges I picked up at Lowes, almost exactly like these I found a link to. I just drilled the holes at the top and bottom of the shelf to insert the hinges. The glass and or acrylic can be cut to size for you at Lowes. Just make sure the measurements are good.

https://www.cabinetparts.com/c/hinges-glass-door?gclid=CIL5ke-nlrgCFWcV7Aodrw4AFg

tip-hat.gif

Thanks!

You're welcome my friend.
I am glad you got your name down in other places for your pre-orders.
And i'll buy your MKVII "extra" if your MZ pre-order comes through.

It's hard to explain in text, and I am not home right now to take a pic, but it is a set of 2 hinges I picked up at Lowes, almost exactly like these I found a link to. I just drilled the holes at the top and bottom of the shelf to insert the hinges. The glass and or acrylic can be cut to size for you at Lowes. Just make sure the measurements are good.

https://www.cabinetparts.com/c/hinges-glass-door?gclid=CIL5ke-nlrgCFWcV7Aodrw4AFg

Yeah, I thought about using those. I might end up going that route if I make another bigger cabinet.

Do you know which bookcase it is you used?

Yeah, I thought about using those. I might end up going that route if I make another bigger cabinet.

Do you know which bookcase it is you used?

I cant remember the brand, but it was just one of the standard black book cases they sell at Target. Nothing fancy, but does a good job for display.

Im very bummed the Hall Of Armor was delayed. I really wanted to have that display done now that the mk vii is out...

Really loving this figure. Can't get enough of those repulsor hands!

Also had a little fun adding a HUD to show off the sculpt.

9208047529_85cd0c099a_b.jpg

9210826688_18196c8666_b.jpg

9208044811_0535591567_b.jpg

9208043895_9bdeb3dda2_b.jpg

9210829868_00d13f24d8_b.jpg

9211014942_8d6f247f98_b.jpg

9208235305_6bc74d0774_b.jpg

9208235329_49ee13763a_b.jpg

That group shot looks so good. We desperately need a new Mark III.

I picked up some of that magic "GaiaColour" paint a few weeks back(The paint to refurbish the IM groin areas), and i decided at work to try it out on a spare MKIIAU empty helmet.
I only did a couple of light coats, but i reckon a custom painted MKII would look good(Even with the rivets).

IMG_4165.jpg~original

IMG_4167.jpg~original

IMG_4168.jpg~original

IMG_4166.jpg~original

Hey Username any updates on the chest piece you were working on?

I have the mould in the glove box of my Mazda, waiting for an opportunity to take it down to the vacform company to get them to make some copies.
I wasn't panicking about getting it done because i reckon i am at least four weeks away from getting a MKVII delivered.
But i will text the girl i know who works there tomorrow and see about popping in with it.
This test with the paint has made me a lot happier about being able to match the MKVII paint colour.

I picked up some of that magic "GaiaColour" paint a few weeks back(The paint to refurbish the IM groin areas), and i decided at work to try it out on a spare MKIIAU empty helmet.
I only did a couple of light coats, but i reckon a custom painted MKII would look good(Even with the rivets).

IMG_4165.jpg~original

IMG_4167.jpg~original

IMG_4168.jpg~original

nl
IMG_4166.jpg~original

This looks cool. The red helmet with the silver face plate actually looks like the Mark V, and if it had the faceplate lines it would look better then the actual HT Mark V. The silver faceplate is much better then the grey one on the actual Mark V.

Anyway..I am rambling. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Got my notice that my waitlist is converting on the exclusive. Should ship out early next week.

IMG_4166.jpg~original

Pretty awesome!:clap Looks like the Silver Centurion!

Back