Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweeeeet. Any chance you'd try and tackle a "Silver Centurion" shaped plate for the older Mark's????:bow:D

It would mean buying the chest piece of each MK that someone wanted a different shaped reactor for...
I am not sure anyone but me wants even this one. I doubt there's be the multiples required of each MK to make it worth it.

If you decide to do a few for "the masses" let me know. I'd be in for one. You're slowly winning me over to the Triangle. ;)
-joe-

Will do.

Hey man, I noticed you undercoated with silver, try one with a gold undercoat and then the red, might get you closer to the HT red

I'll try that today. Just to see. Maybe that's what i am doing wrong!

So what do websites mean when they are listing 3rd productions of this figure?

Is Hot Toys going to make more runs of only the Iron Man Mark VII...Even though the first run is not finished yet? More runs will really drop the price...

I know the mark 6 had first run ( with goofed chest pieces) and two corrected runs a month or two after, HT definitely does multiple production runs on most figs (the exs first then maybe a wave or two of regulars)

It would mean buying the chest piece of each MK that someone wanted a different shaped reactor for...
I am not sure anyone but me wants even this one. I doubt there's be the multiples required of each MK to make it worth it.

Understandable. Going to sell off my Avengers MKVI but Im gonna keep my MKIV. It would be nice to have the option to switch between circular and triangular shaped chest pieces on my MKIV,centurian would be a sweeeeet bonus. Anyways cant wait to see ur finished chest piece.

I'm thinking the three are just

Hong Kong VIP version
Sideshow exclusive version
Regular version

i don't know what '3rd production' might be, as i saw hulk and it said second production, and there's only one version of hulk. this earlier prompted me to wonder if there was a problem with the first run that they needed to announce a second run? it could also designate a difference in price increase in the market value, and they intend to charge more for the newer runs.

1st production is generally asia and ss ex, second is general release in asia and 3rd is general release in NA, this is how mk 6 and 7 definitely worked out though in the case of hulk 1st run was asia and 2nd NA, no need for a 3 rd run

1st production is generally asia and ss ex, second is general release in asia and 3rd is general release in NA, this is how mk 6 and 7 definitely worked out though in the case of hulk 1st run was asia and 2nd NA, no need for a 3 rd run

thanks for the explanation!!! :hi5:

105zkv4.jpg

I'm so happy

Little did I know that it would be almost exactly 4 months until I got this in hand:lol

called this morning, replaced expired card, item marked as shipping soon! can't wait.

Got the mask painted today.
I just bought some generic gold spray paint. I had an eye popping moment when i sprayed black primer on the "half and half" mask where i had sanded off some paint and the primer started to crack...
So i had to spend five minutes with acetone removing the primer and all the original paint. Then i sprayed it gold, masked off the forehead part and painted it red again(Seems to match okay. Red over a coat of GOLD is the trick it seems when colour coding this paint using clear red lacquer).
After painting the mask, it didn't match the "chin" so i repainted that too.
Here are the pics.

IMG_4627.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

Got the mask painted today.
I just bought some generic gold spray paint. I had an eye popping moment when i sprayed black primer on the "half and half" mask where i had sanded off some paint and the primer started to crack...
So i had to spend five minutes with acetone removing the primer and all the original paint. Then i sprayed it gold, masked off the forehead part and painted it red again(Seems to match okay. Red over a coat of GOLD is the trick it seems when colour coding this paint using clear red lacquer).
After painting the mask, it didn't match the "chin" so i repainted that too.
Here are the pics.

IMG_4627.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

Nice work! BTW, is that Raiden you have standing near the helmet?

Last edited:
i don't know what '3rd production' might be, as i saw hulk and it said second production, and there's only one version of hulk. this earlier prompted me to wonder if there was a problem with the first run that they needed to announce a second run? it could also designate a difference in price increase in the market value, and they intend to charge more for the newer runs.

The figures cost the same from Hot Toys...I think they use that as a cover to up the prices...the Playmoia has raised the price 3 times in 2 weeks from 289 to 425 now...for the same listed figure...

Why sell for a fair price when you can gouge?

If this week doesn't produce a converted waitlist item from Sideshow... I will not be adding this figure to my avengers case...I will just use the Mark VI

Back