Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would it go up by $40?

The Mark VI IM2 version was: $215
Avengers Version: $190

I see this being $230

it isnt exactly a 1:1 trade off there. the avengers rerelease was missing a fancy base, a helmeted sculpt, and removable BD parts.

this new special movie release version has a tad bit more than the original. the price might be lower but it will probably be the same price.

it isnt exactly a 1:1 trade off there. the avengers rerelease was missing a fancy base, a helmeted sculpt, and removable BD parts.

this new special movie release version has a tad bit more than the original. the price might be lower but it will probably be the same price.
But does it really have more?
- The regular release has two sets of armor, as well as missile pods. The BD version doesn't.
- They both have an extra head, and 2 additional sets of hands each.
- The BD version has a fancy base, the regular version has the standard crotch-holder base.

I would think that, based on this comparison, the BD version has at most slightly less stuff than the regular release.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if it costed the same amount as the regular Mk.7 version.

Well if you think about it, it's the same trade off compared to the IM2 Mark VI.

Here you don't get any changeable parts compared to the original.

IMO price will be lowered to the $230 range.

Original Mark VII:
Interchangeable head sculpt of Tony Stark with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr.
One (1) interchangeable battle damaged mask
One (1) pair of damaged shoulder armor
One (1) removable chest armor
One (1) damaged chest armor
One (1) pair of detachable forearm rockets
One (1) pair of wrist lasers on forearm armor
Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
One (1) pair of forceful fists
Improved articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement
Three (3) sets of interchangeable thigh armor (missile, armor & normal styles)

BD Version:
One (1) pair of detachable forearm rockets
Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
One (1) pair of forceful fists
One (1) RDJ Sculpt

So the ultimate question is, would you re buy the entire avengers team in Battle damage attire??? Put me down for a Black Widow :)

Crap I kinda want this depending on the price. I'd like at least one Iron Man figure for my collection and love the battle damaged look.

Because its HOT TOYS. Because its limited. Because they want to justify the Die Cast brand. Because that's the MO.

I agree it'll be a pricey piece for numerous reasons......I'll be pleasantly surprised if any different but already prepared for the insane unjustified mark up :wink1:

So the ultimate question is, would you re buy the entire avengers team in Battle damage attire??? Put me down for a Black Widow :)
Why Black Widow? What are they going to add? A new sculpt with fake blood on her forehead? She has the least battle damage in the movie IMO.

IMO If they redid someone else, it would be Captain America.

Have his suit have a hole on his stomach area from being shot, his hoodie version suit and of course another BD shield
+ Taxi base stand.

I hope all armors in Iron Man 3 finish the movie looking brand new. Can't afford 2 versions of each.

I will probably pick him up depending on price. And aslong as the websites they are offered on has a good anti scalper set up to 1 a person.

Right now I expect this guy to cost about the same as the regular version. I figure that way when it goes up for pre-order, I will either be pleasantly surprised or merely mildly disappointed.

But really there is very little new pieces here, so you're not paying for any real development costs. It's mostly recycled stuff. The base and new repulsor hands may be the only truly new pieces produced specifically for it.

So where are the specs? not released yet?

The 1/6th scale Battle Damaged Mark VII Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Movie Promo Edition) specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark VII in the movie with battle damaged features
- Head sculpt with helmet with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Mark VII in the movie
- Alternate helmeted head
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulations
- Special features on armor:
- LED-lighted eyes and circle-shaped RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) removable battle damaged mask
- One (1) pair of damaged shoulder armor
- One (1) removable damaged chest armor
- One (1) pair of detachable forearm rockets
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of forceful fists
- One (1) pair of battle palms with light-up repulsor (white light, battery operated)
- Improved articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement
- Fully deployed air flaps at back of the armor with built-in metal flaps
- Articulated flaps at the back of armor on left and right legs
- Metallic battle damaged red and gold-colored painting on armor

Accessories:
- One (1) battle damaged alien weapon
- One (1) diorama base featuring the Alien’s corpse

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different