Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is very entertaining. Maybe entertainment I've obtained by reading this thread is worth the $295 price tag this figure carries.

So this thread has gotten quite interesting I must say. Don't think I've seen anything quite as bizarre in a thread before...someone getting smoked out like that.

Back on topic, if anyone were to pay $1000 for this they are either foolish or simply have too much money to burn. I'd bet that auction gets taken down as well.

This figure will be featured on an episode of Pawn Stars, 20 years from now. Rick Harrison will tell the owner everything about this figure and have one of his toy experts come in to take a look at it and price it at $10,000. The owner will sell it for $6,000 of course. :lecture

This figure will be featured on an episode of Pawn Stars, 20 years from now. Rick Harrison will tell the owner everything about this figure and have one of his toy experts come in to take a look at it and price it at $10,000. The owner will sell it for $6,000 of course. :lecture

20 years from now, Hot Toys figures will retail for $10,000. :wink1:

After reading all this I was wondering if ebay flexed a muscle only on this figure. So, out of curiosity, I've reported a listing of a SDCC 2013 Exclusive. With SDCC date set to mid July, that's more than double the required 30 day shipping.
Sure enough, the listing is now removed.

Greetings everyone. :wave
Been collecting for an excessive amount of time now and I have always been careful about buying figures on Evil Bay. Due to recent discomfort regarding this matter, I thought to myself what better people to ask than the members here on the forum.
My problem relies upon the fact that I bought this figure from an ebay member named tonycheung1965. He had his listing up for quite some time now but it seems every listing regarding this figure itself, has been wiped clean off of Ebay. My question to you fellow collectors is, should I be worried about this in any way? It seems he has a great reputation here on the forums and I have no problem paying a high cost for the figure. (Not something I'm shy of doing)
My wife has shared my level of discomfort for this matter and told me to ask you fellow members if this is something I should be worried about. I'm well aware of Bay's and Paypal's policy but I'm wondering if anyone has had problems with "Tony" before? :(

I've done business with Tony. He's always been legit from my experience. You might want to send him an email.
He has a store so his other items are still up.
Look up his ID and send him a message. He's always responded in the past to me. Any members on here done business with Tony?

I've done business with Tony. He's always been legit from my experience. You might want to send him an email.
Look up his ID and send him a message. He's always responded in the past to me. Any members on here done business with Tony?
I have kept an eye on this forum for quite some time now and have heard great things from other members so I thought he would be the best option to pick. I just sent him an message asking what will happen with this figure.

I was just concern because it seems Bay is hitting all the listings for this figure pretty hard.

I just got XLS Wolverine from Tony, it arrived in less than a week. I order twice from him (XMO & XLS Wolverine) he more than delivered...

Do remember that this figure is a Pre-Order item.
You've only got 30 days to file that claim I believe. Since Pre-Orders surpass those 30 days, you'll be out of luck.
However, contact him. I don't believe he will sell you out with the reputation he has on ebay without at least refunding you if he can't come through. You can also contact ebay about the situation.

TWO different sellers dude. I share this with Andrew, a member on OSR. Did I list one? Yes, about 2 hours ago but that got yanked, and it had in the info that it was coming from SSC, NOT HK like the previous ones which are from my other friend who deals with HK and from Tony himself. :slap

The eBay username is the SAME. I have on my profile my old one. It's not even changed dude..what are you on about.

Sounds like ThatIsTooReal is playing the role of Broker for Andrew of OSR, no real problem there, there are a lot of eBay stores throught the states that do this very thing, they will sell good from a client under thier account and charge them a broker fee for doing so. This is a very expensive hobby and when a figure of this rare popularity comes around people gotta make some extra money some how to pay for more figures, at least thats why I have 2 on Pre-order so I can collect more figures by selling one off. Just from Talking with ThatIsTooReal off and on from different threads and pm's he seems like a legitimate freak on here, don't know why all the bashing, amazing what goes on in the course of a day, so much reading but it was entertaining :panic:

I just got XLS Wolverine from Tony, it arrived in less than a week. I order twice from him (XMO & XLS Wolverine) he more than delivered...
Great to hear that! Was worried since I do not normally buy figures off of Bay.
Do remember that this figure is a Pre-Order item.
You've only got 30 days to file that claim I believe. Since Pre-Orders surpass those 30 days, you'll be out of luck.
However, contact him. I don't believe he will sell you out with the reputation he has on ebay without at least refunding you if he can't come through. You can also contact ebay about the situation.
I am well aware of the policy which is why I picked Tony. He seems to be well known among the members here. Thank you for all the feedback. Will stick around the forums. :) :duff

I have one coming in from Sideshow but my wife wanted one of her own. :slap Can be a real pain in the rear end sometimes. :lol

Back