Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like ThatIsTooReal is playing the role of Broker for Andrew of OSR, no real problem there, there are a lot of eBay stores throught the states that do this very thing, they will sell good from a client under thier account and charge them a broker fee for doing so. This is a very expensive hobby and when a figure of this rare popularity comes around people gotta make some extra money some how to pay for more figures, at least thats why I have 2 on Pre-order so I can collect more figures by selling one off. Just from Talking with ThatIsTooReal off and on from different threads and pm's he seems like a legitimate freak on here, don't know why all the bashing, amazing what goes on in the course of a day, so much reading but it was entertaining :panic:

Well that may be the case but let's play a math game, most of his sales were for 550.00. This retailed for 300. It was very limited. That's only a 250 dollar spread. Take 15% off for paypal and eBay fees and the spread is down to less than 175 bucks. PLUS they have to ship the figure internationally to get it over here.

Given how HOT this figure is, are you rushing to sell this figure for a 175 split with someone given how much this figure will probably go for?Also, again I bring up a volume of 10 of these.

Bottom line is he lied, freaked out changed the ID instead of being forward. Many of the biggest scammers are the biggest collectors man. You can love Hot Toys and still be a scumbag unfortunately.:(

no one is forcing someone to buy from TITR, if any thing i commend him for cashing in on it. Supply and Demand, simple economics.

no one is forcing someone to buy from TITR, if any thing i commend him for cashing in on it. Supply and Demand, simple economics.

But that's the point. The economics of it does not add up. I'm sensing THatistooreal private messaged his pack of friends he has made on here to come and defend the honor.

If you read the thread, I just don't see you cannot feel this way.

"IMO"

Well that may be the case but let's play a math game, most of his sales were for 550.00. This retailed for 300. It was very limited. That's only a 250 dollar spread. Take 15% off for paypal and eBay fees and the spread is down to less than 175 bucks. PLUS they have to ship the figure internationally to get it over here.

Given how HOT this figure is, are you rushing to sell this figure for a 175 split with someone given how much this figure will probably go for?Also, again I bring up a volume of 10 of these.

Bottom line is he lied, freaked out changed the ID instead of being forward. Many of the biggest scammers are the biggest collectors man. You can love Hot Toys and still be a scumbag unfortunately.:(

10 of them!!! i skimmed thru and must have not read that part, thats alot of figures, kinda sucks that actual collectors (not resellers) who wanted to PO this got kinda screwed by individuals hording 10 po's of them at a time, does beg to question why would someone only want to make 175 given how much the mark VI promo is going for...i dont know what to think of the situation now' :thud: this is a bummer'

Sounds like ThatIsTooReal is playing the role of Broker for Andrew of OSR, no real problem there, there are a lot of eBay stores throught the states that do this very thing, they will sell good from a client under thier account and charge them a broker fee for doing so. This is a very expensive hobby and when a figure of this rare popularity comes around people gotta make some extra money some how to pay for more figures, at least thats why I have 2 on Pre-order so I can collect more figures by selling one off. Just from Talking with ThatIsTooReal off and on from different threads and pm's he seems like a legitimate freak on here, don't know why all the bashing, amazing what goes on in the course of a day, so much reading but it was entertaining :panic:
:wave

:rotfl Be it what it may. Could care less what you personally view it as. I freaked out I admit. Am I the middle man? Yes but not to the extent you accused me of being. Anyways, you can continue bashing at me all you want if it makes you happier. You might also want to get your eyes checked. I don't see 10 anywhere. Over exaggerating now ey?

But that's the point. The economics of it does not add up. I'm sensing THatistooreal private messaged his pack of friends he has made on here to come and defend the honor.

"IMO"

only TITR is not my friend, i skimmed over and didnt see a problem. explain whats wrong then.

"IMO"

I didn't even private message anybody! :lol Look at you trying so hard. :clap

You deserve a big fat cookie and some warm milk.

:wave

:rotfl Be it what it may. Could care less what you personally view it as. I freaked out I admit. Am I the middle man? Yes but not to the extent you accused me of being. Anyways, you can continue bashing at me all you want if it makes you happier. You might also want to get your eyes checked. I don't see 10 anywhere. Over exaggerating now ey?

If anyone wants to check, search hot toys mark vii battle damaged, search beginning of April and find galaxybreeze. The same post gets listed every time it's was sold 9 times I count , plus your galaxy bubble that got ripped down today makes 10.

Great to hear that! Was worried since I do not normally buy figures off of Bay.

I am well aware of the policy which is why I picked Tony. He seems to be well known among the members here. Thank you for all the feedback. Will stick around the forums. :) :duff

I have one coming in from Sideshow but my wife wanted one of her own. :slap Can be a real pain in the rear end sometimes. :lol

Ask for refund now. Or file a claim it he doesnt respond. The thing with reputation from these sellers isnt always always a guarantee. Just like what happened to eamon's recent experience with goodshipped whos qlso a powerseller on ebay.

You can always buy and pick up one when its in stock, i doubt it'll increase anymore. Might even go down a bit, since there would be more spread out then.

long story short: people who want smething will get it anyway they can.

morals really don't matter, just what you are willing to do for what you want. that goes for both the seller and buyer

only TITR is not my friend, i skimmed over and didnt see a problem. explain whats wrong then.

Maybe it comes down to somebody mad they didnt' get a PO ??? And now we have all this extra entertaining reading, either way lets just Let it be and get back to discussing how AWESOME THIS FIGURE IS GOING TO BE !!!! can't wait till July really hoping it doesn't get pushed back but given the mark vii got pushed back another month booooo i have my doubts this will get released in july, right???

Maybe it comes down to somebody mad they didnt' get a PO ??? And now we have all this extra entertaining reading, either way lets just Let it be and get back to discussing how AWESOME THIS FIGURE IS GOING TO BE !!!! can't wait till July really hoping it doesn't get pushed back but given the mark vii got pushed back another month booooo i have my doubts this will get released in july, right???

Sorry to bust your bubble, I have every armor, and this one included.

If anyone wants to check, search hot toys mark vii battle damaged, search beginning of April and find galaxybreeze. The same post gets listed every time it's was sold 9 times I count , plus your galaxy bubble that got ripped down today makes 10.
:rotfl:rotfl It's FIVE actually. :rotfl 1 2 3 4 5
Not to mention I got two from SSC myself. Again, not my personal listings for those.

Not 1 2 - 10

Nice of you to double the actual number in favor of yourself.

I didn't even private message anybody! :lol Look at you trying so hard. :clap

You deserve a big fat cookie and some warm milk.

I cheated on my diet with a Giant chocolate chip cookie today with milk it was sooooooo Good, Highly Recommend , cookies make everything better :yess:

Wow, you're definitely not winning any sympathy votes with your responses TITR.

Some super shady **** going on, sharing eBay's, sharing accounts on here, a 90% chance of made up girlfriend.

Sad boner bro, I thought you were cool.

Wow, you're definitely not winning any sympathy votes with your responses TITR.

Some super shady **** going on, sharing eBay's, sharing accounts on here, a 90% chance of made up girlfriend.

Sad boner bro, I thought you were cool.

personal attacks bro? grow up

Yo, TITR. If you really got five figures and decided to list them on ebay for scalper prices, that's at least three less figures that could be sold to a fan for a decent price. I'm not feeling this whole situation, and I'm upset because I really wanted one, was going to buy one off a fellow boardie in the future, and to think you could've offered them on this board in the FS part but chose not to... It all comes down to taking advantage of people's desperation.

Back