Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on the last one and am very sorry that I did. I really want this one though so I hope he isn't to hard to get.

Full battle damage! Hell yeah!!!!!! That's what I'm talking about. I will p.o. this ASAP. No more half arse bits to change out.

Also the pink panties won't matter cause that's the excuse for battle damage. Fark yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do want one of these for sure, but I have the Mark 7 standard version coming on PO, so if I miss it I will not be that disappointed.

I will have to wait and see if and when it's offered on SSC and at what price, and if I am able to catch one before they run out.

I have come to realize after years of collecting that companies like HT are masters at baiting fans with the talk of sparse availability. I have no doubts that this will be more limited then the standard release, but the mention of its scarcity really brings in buyers that might otherwise pass if it was a standard production. Plus I have come to believe that HT's lack of clarity and communication details is not by mistake, but by design in marketing.

The good news is that this does look awesome and it would probably sell very well even if it was a standard production model.

Very well put. As a collector, I do like knowing how many pieces are produced.

On another note: Why do you think Hot Toys postpones the pre-order process here in the U.S.?

Very well put. As a collector, I do like knowing how many pieces are produced.

On another note: Why do you think Hot Toys postpones the pre-order process here in the U.S.?

I can't say for sure why HT postpones PO's in the U.S.. If I were to make an educated guess, I would say that it may just have to do with the U.S. export and import legalities. Basically getting all the distribution and logistics and tariffs calculated before planning a PO release to the U.S. market.

I can't say for sure why HT postpones PO's in the U.S.. If I were to make an educated guess, I would say that it may just have to do with the U.S. export and import legalities. Basically getting all the distribution and logistics and tariffs calculated before planning a PO release to the U.S. market.

I can imagine the discussion at HT headquarters.
Okay... This thing costs about $12 to make. Add $1.50 for packaging. $10 for shipping, $10 import fees, and let's add $150 for a bit of profit, give or take.
Let's say final retal will be $220, to be on the safe side, right? I'm down to my last three Ferraris.

Okay... This thing costs about $12 to make. Add $1.50 for packaging. $10 for shipping, $10 import fees, and let's add $150 for a bit of profit, give or take.
Let's say final retal will be $220, to be on the safe side, right? I'm down to my last three Ferraris.
Am I the only one who is REALLY curious on how much they actually make per figure? After all the expenses they need to pay of course, curious as too how much they make per figure after everything.

I can't speak about HT as a fact. But I can speak about profit margins in general.

People think that auto dealers make a boat load of money on cars. And thats not even close to the truth. If a $30,000 car is sold for the sticker price, the dealer is making about 10%. EVERYONE negotiates the sticker price, often down to a few hundred dollars over cost. So on that $30,000 car, they may only make $300. Now there are down to a 1% profit.

To think HT may be making upwards of 300% profit, isn't realistic, IMO.

I can't speak about HT as a fact. But I can speak about profit margins in general.

People think that auto dealers make a boat load of money on cars. And thats not even close to the truth. If a $30,000 car is sold for the sticker price, the dealer is making about 10%. EVERYONE negotiates the sticker price, often down to a few hundred dollars over cost. So on that $30,000 car, they may only make $300. Now there are down to a 1% profit.

:goodpost:

Agreed on this front....licensing fees for Marvel/Disney alone eat up a lot of "potential profit", not to mention all of the other operating expenses that go into operating any company.

The profit is there for sure, otherwise they wouldn't be in business but it's not going to be as large as many people think. The price of EVERYTHING is going up these days. I know we all don't like to see the price go up on these figures, but these are luxury items after all and the costs of all materials and commodities is going up almost across the board around the world.

I agree completely. Let's be real and say that we all know they aren't doing this for free, but they are not making this huge margin of profit that some may think.

Most retail items, not including cars of course, are usually marked up 35-45% from what it cost the retailer to buy it from the distributor.

the distributor pays in the ballpark of a 10-15% mark up from the cost to the manufacturer.

So the manufacturers do not make the big profit margins. It is actually the retailers that do.

That is why you see these retailer deals that have stuff on clearance for 40-50% off. They are jut trying to break even on an item still on the shelves.

I do want one of these for sure, but I have the Mark 7 standard version coming on PO, so if I miss it I will not be that disappointed.

I will have to wait and see if and when it's offered on SSC and at what price, and if I am able to catch one before they run out.

I have come to realize after years of collecting that companies like HT are masters at baiting fans with the talk of sparse availability. I have no doubts that this will be more limited then the standard release, but the mention of its scarcity really brings in buyers that might otherwise pass if it was a standard production. Plus I have come to believe that HT's lack of clarity and communication details is not by mistake, but by design in marketing.

The good news is that this does look awesome and it would probably sell very well even if it was a standard production model.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

mikericm is right, HT and howard chang arent lighting cigars with 100 dollar (yen?) bills with solid gold toilet seats. HT probably does well, but not rolling in diamonds

so when is iron man 3 coming out? i hope soon...or if not then much later....because I'm going to military training for 3 months..

so when is iron man 3 coming out? i hope soon...or if not then much later....because I'm going to military training for 3 months..

Iron-Man-3-poster-robert-downey-jr-2013.jpg

Back