Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sort of torn on this. An accessory pack would be a lot kinder on the wallet and most likely wouldn't have the almost year long pre-order time frame to wait for a totally separate Endor Luke.

On the other hand, this current Luke release already has so many cool outfit options that I can't decide which one to display (hood and robe, tabard, death star look, post-Darth Vader battle with the chest flap down) that throwing another look in (Endor) I might buy it and barely use it if it doesn't come with it's own figure.

I know...first world problems, lol

Was the Endor Luke put up for Pre-order ?? I can't even remember.....

I actually think the bigger issue with completely removing the fat suit, is the legs. The legs and trunk look almost too skinny, or empty, without the fatsuit...

Was the Endor Luke put up for Pre-order ?? I can't even remember.....

The only thing from the Endor Luke was about a year ago SS had the "sign up here for emails about Endor Luke when he is released" page on their website, but there has been nothing since.

Maybe the no news means they decided to do an accessory pack, after all it is just a different hair piece and poncho. How exactly does that justify and entirely new figure? Outside the people that REALLY like that look for some reason. For me the whole endor bits were the lest fav parts of jedi. So no way i would drop 200 something on a variant look that he wears only briefly. But to each their own.

NM this figure mentions swappable parts with other pieces.

Maybe to justify it they will do a 1/6th speeder bike with the helmet and poncho? That would probably tweak more fans interests. And imagine how much they could charge for a 1/6th speeder.

Not really related to figures. But is anyone else experiencing the cursor disappearing here in the text box while typing ? It's annoying the ***t out of me.

May have something to do with the auto-save ??

You can cut the fat suit, and keep the bottom of the suit.

That is exactly what I did. The legs looked too skinny and the hip joints were noticeable without it.

325711D3-C2D3-42AC-84E9-F16B2C2FE698.jpg

Was struggling between Jedi Luke and the awesome Yondu the whole time. But finally made the decision and pulled the trigger on Jedi Luke today. So many memorable poses and so many possibilities with Vader and the emperor, with Boba Fett and with C3PO/R2D2.
So it seems quite obvious :)

Was struggling between Jedi Luke and the awesome Yondu the whole time. But finally made the decision and pulled the trigger on Jedi Luke today. So many memorable poses and so many possibilities with Vader and the emperor, with Boba Fett and with C3PO/R2D2.

You won’t be sorry. This is a gem IMO for any Luke Jedi fan and I love posing him with Vader

I guess it helped that awesome Yondu has sold out pretty much everywhere too. :lol

Definitely a good choice though !

Thank for the review. And beginning the review with my favorite clip from any Star Wars movie never hurts either!

I am anticipating this figure above anything else I plan on getting this year (ESB Vader and Boba) The fat suit issue is a non issue for me because I plan on displaying him with his vest on and probably the cloak because that is how I want to portray this moment in time when Luke was the Jedi of legend.

Off topic but I really hope HT makes Crait Luke also. I have no desire for Hobo Luke they are releasing, this ROTJ Luke and Crait Luke would look so great side-by-side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man i really appreciate it. TBH the fat suit issues is not a problem for me too cuz i wouldn't be do any crazy dynamic poses with him but overall a really good figure and I'm glad I picked him up. In regards to Crait Luke, tbh i am not picking up anything from the new movies just because I didn't like the new direction of where the franchise is going and right now I'm just sticking with figures from the older movies.

Maybe the no news means they decided to do an accessory pack, after all it is just a different hair piece and poncho. How exactly does that justify and entirely new figure? Outside the people that REALLY like that look for some reason. For me the whole endor bits were the lest fav parts of jedi. So no way i would drop 200 something on a variant look that he wears only briefly. But to each their own.

NM this figure mentions swappable parts with other pieces.

Maybe to justify it they will do a 1/6th speeder bike with the helmet and poncho? That would probably tweak more fans interests. And imagine how much they could charge for a 1/6th speeder.

The only thing that lends credence to "possibly" a whole new figure was at the time of the Endor Luke preview, the head sculpt is entirely different. I am not sure how to post photos on here,but if you Google search "hot toys Endor Luke" you can see. Is there a chance they would include a seperate headsculpt with the accessories? Has hot toys ever done that before?

Finally I got a robe pic in..sorry it was late..but had to wait a eternity for the robe to dry after I soaked it

Last edited:
To steal Timemeddler's pic, this is the issue I'm having with the removal of the fatsuit and the tailoring - where you can see how the shoulder seams are dropping down below the shoulders (they should be vertical and at the top of the shoulders like in the screen pic, but drop to almost 45 degrees on the figure, making the shoulders seem drooped.)

Also - and this does seem to vary with lighting - the panel on the front of the shirt looks a bit like an unstuffed cushion cover sewn onto the front of the shirt because the fabric layers are so thick and the border stitching seems too prominent/coarse for something so visible.

Rather than it seeming to be part of the shirt (like in the screen pic,) it seems more like something blocky that's sitting on the front of the shirt.

KDZRWyp.jpg

I think I’m leaning towards posing him in the DS outfit when I receive mine. The hair matches that scene better and I also think the black glove is iconic to his RotJ look and separates him from the other Lukes, to indicate his lost hand in ESB.

I think I’m leaning towards posing him in the DS outfit when I receive mine. The hair matches that scene better and I also think the black glove is iconic to his RotJ look and separates him from the other Lukes, to indicate his lost hand in ESB.

You have the TFA figure and his Terminator hand for that. :lecture

Back