Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, 8 pages of off-topic in this thread is enough I believe.

You guys should just create a thread regarding your "feelings" about TLJ. This thread is about HT Luke ROTJ. It's suppose to discuss matters, concerns and topics about the upcoming figure. Not Luke's character in TLJ.

You guys should just create a thread regarding your "feelings" about TLJ. This thread is about HT Luke ROTJ. It's suppose to discuss matters, concerns and topics about the upcoming figure. Not Luke's character in TLJ.

If only there was a thread dedicated to the last Jedi....

Gonna see (and hopefully meet) Luke, Han and George this week as Mark gets his Star on the HWOF.

That TLJ cancer has infected yet another thread and an OT figure thread, no less.

As for this figure, it is a must-get. I do see the end of the line for me, as far as OT figures go. I'm thinking a half-dozen or so left and I'll be good to go.

Not much else to talk about this figure until something new about it comes up. Release pics. Blogger pics. Reviewer pics. Unboxing videos. Till then this thread will wither away into the bottom of my feed.

Talking points that have already been discussed and exhausted.
-I like talking about the figure.
-It looks awesome.
-Hope they come out with the endor version
-sculpt looks great
-sculpt looks crappy
-inaccuracies
-price is too high
-preordered
-not preordering
-where did you preorder from
-waiting for a deal
-hope it doesn’t sell out

I’m sure I’m missing some but most have nothing to do with the figure other than discussing the movie and his character.

Given the quality of some of the most recent releases, I look forward to this even more so than when it debuted. The line between prototype and production for HT seems to be really blurring these days.

This is by far my most anticipated HT coming out. If HT is fast at delivering this one, I think I'll be waiting until 1st Quarter 2019 (Neo, Emperor, Guards) for any new releases. With them getting all those other ones so fast, I'll have some free time as far as 1/6 scale goes!

My top three remaining most anticipated HT releases this year that I have on PO are probably:

1. Wolf Predator
2. Anakin
3. This figure

I’ve actually avoided this thread because it’s turned into spoiler central...

I haven’t seen TLJ yet because of work schedule, kids, life in the way etc. Yeah I know it’s my own fault. But I have to agree with the above post.

I haven’t seen TLJ yet because of work schedule, kids, life in the way etc. Yeah I know it’s my own fault. But I have to agree with the above post.

PSA time:

A few months back the official thread for the film the last Jedi was locked. The result of which has been a “spill over” phenomenon known as “TLJ infection”.

Should you encounter TLJ infection in the thread, please either ignore it and post a diversionary question so as to keep the thread on topic or, contact the authorities.

Thank you for your cooperation. This has been a PSA.

Here's all you need to know, if I remember correctly:

The movie's about running out of gas and fatigue.

Leia dyes her hair black and force-projects across space then dies, maybe in reality but we're not 100% sure if she won't be back.

Luke, his mouth barely functioning, force-projects himself across space and is in a coma for most of the movie.

PSA time:

A few months back the official thread for the film the last Jedi was locked. The result of which has been a “spill over” phenomenon known as “TLJ infection”.

Should you encounter TLJ infection in the thread, please either ignore it and post a diversionary question so as to keep the thread on topic or, contact the authorities.

Thank you for your cooperation. This has been a PSA.

:rotfl

My top three remaining most anticipated HT releases this year that I have on PO are probably:

1. Wolf Predator
2. Anakin
3. This figure

Anakin tops Luke?:horror

Haven't seen it for some reason didn't watch it in theaters. Pass up all talk about it. Will probably watch it one day. Would like the subject to come back to hot toys Jedi Luke. Thank you.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Is anyone going to pose him with that in-motion saber?

Seems so pointless except for photography reasons.

I know I will never use it, along with the light up arm and the crappy display stand.

I wish Hot Toys would go back to the black oval bases and useful extras like secondary head sculpts. Seems ridiculous for him to come with an action saber and neutral face.

Yep. There's really no action pose you can do that compliments that sculpt.

I'm most likely going to have him set up the way he entered Jabba' s palace.

If their RotJ Vader also has a swingin’ saber I would pose them clashing together.

Otherwise, probably not.

Back