Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either DS or tunic/sail barge look for me. Leaning towards the latter, as it's the only look to me that represents Luke at his peak as a Jedi in action, in traditional Jedi clothing.

Either DS or tunic/sail barge look for me. Leaning towards the latter, as it's the only look to me that represents Luke at his peak as a Jedi in action, in traditional Jedi clothing.

Was it traditional though..most Jedi worn Tan, white and brown colors

That’s why I liked Luke being unique

Was it traditional though..most Jedi worn Tan, white and brown colors

That’s why I liked Luke being unique

Ah well perhaps not in color, but he has on the iconic Jedi tunic.

However, I also think the black glove is a pretty important piece to his look in RotJ, which he didn't have yet on the sail barge. Can't decide.

The more I look at the unboxing video the more I see it’s not as wide in hand. I think it just the futzing on the final product pics that’s making it look so bad.
299d9f544ab6ce3a2f93ba548b52360d.jpg

e87f30e8050e5e56b3aab509d67835e2.jpg

5839546d865d5c68f35e39ed0e98374e.jpg

0c768a92e98c7f0f3489b6155039c0ba.jpg

b53534695872735f1d6e0a2f81a2049b.jpg

8f302f83e2f7c6a7203bf237cefa9c8d.jpg

Some pics he looks wider than others. I guess we will find out soon enough about any hidden fat suit.

It could be that the lighting on the shot on the right is making it look worse than it is. i.e highlighting the stitching etc

I think it'll be oK in hand. I also will be having him in the vest or with brown cloak, so this basic black tunic look doesn't really matter too much.

Yeah, I think lighting and the type of lens is widening/flattening him out a bit. So many factors!
Definitely picking this one up though. As others have mentioned, I’m recalling the original Kenner fig with the cloth cloak from my childhood! Great memories that certainly play a huge part in wanting to get these figures now. I’m sure he’ll be one that’s constantly reposed and accessorised. Can’t wait![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blogger pics add tons of weight..might be the lightning or the angle

He looks way much better and fit in that video clip

Kinda didn't make sense that fett was supposed to be an infamous bounty hunter, and yet he's killed so easily by windu.

Mace was the man second to Yoda and he defeated Palpatine according to George Lucas on that dual in episode 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea mace was samuel l jackson son one bad mofo. :p

But also in jedi lore, think from the EU, so god only knows with disney, that mace was one of the few jedi in history to master the lightsaber style he uses, which draws on the dark side to channel aggression into your attacks, which a few people that used that form fell to the dark side if memory serves. also think it was generally banned for jedi to practice it because it was so risky to use.

They also made it that purple blade indicates a mix of light/dark, when jackson simply wanted a purple bladed saber because he thought it looked cool and he wanted to be unique.

While it is a cool look, I can't think of a time where Luke wore his leather belt over the tunic?

as I suspected, the hair is removable!

View attachment 408868

This was truly meant to be a DX, just as The Green Goblin was saying some posts before.

This probably means that this headsculpt can wear the Endor moon helmet, or the hairpiece that is included in that set too. Good news. The sculpt looks better without the hairpiece IMO.

If Endor moon Luke comes with an action style hair piece, that will be great.

Yeah, If the Endor Luke comes with an alternative hair piece, it will be hard to resist picking that one up too and making it feel like one DX release when combined. Not that I think they shouldn't have just made this a DX figure but they might successfully get me to buy two figures if the Endor version has a tad more than just the Endor gear... a different hair piece would do that- besides, for those who just want an Endor version, Luke often went without his helmet in the Endor poncho, and the hair would give the Endor version a throne room look too.

I am one of those who will pose Luke with the belt on over the vest. Sure it wasn’t in the movies, but it it feels right and looks cool.

Removable hair MAY allow for different combination wuth DX07. I'm thinking about open mouth with floating rocks Yoda and stern pers glaze in front of Vader.

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Back