Hot Toys MMS48 - Predator 2 - Predator Elder pics and spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Re: New HT Predator 2 Elder pics and spec

yikes, start saving your pennies.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260676508146&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330483583650&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

edit - that's pretty crazy for a $150 figure that wasn't exclusive or limited at all. i remember it taking a while to sell out too. i wonder if that's gonna happen to the Lost.

I'm sure I can eventually find one for lesser than that...

I hope :monkey3

:lol

Thought I'd drop this in here. More pics in my customs thread (link in signature).

P2 Elder with P1 arm so the shoulder isn't a bowling ball. P2 blade box on P1 gauntlet.
TargetEngaged.jpg

Lighted targetting on cannon. Fully repainted head with quills.
Canon.jpg

P1 torso armor with Elder chest strap. Now fully posable plasma caster that isn't too close to the head.
TallShot.jpg

It's funny with the elder - more so than any figure we all pose him holding that necklace. I understand he got little screentime so poses are limited, but it seems most pics of any kind of pose other than the arms at side / manaquin shots are doing this.

i really wish i hadn't looked at this. that's just what i need is something else to obsess over.
is that your personal figure or a commission? it's been a while since i had my elder SilentSurfer-ized, he definitely needs more work.
Thought I'd drop this in here. More pics in my customs thread (link in signature).

P2 Elder with P1 arm so the shoulder isn't a bowling ball. P2 blade box on P1 gauntlet.
TargetEngaged.jpg

It's funny with the elder - more so than any figure we all pose him holding that necklace. I understand he got little screentime so poses are limited, but it seems most pics of any kind of pose other than the arms at side / manaquin shots are doing this.
haha i know. i ended up posing mine like he's handing over the flintlock. just to be different.

is that your personal figure or a commission?

This one's all mine.

That's because I wanted a tangible, 4-D screencap, so I made it.

I get what you mean though. It's rare to see action poses of the P2 Elder.

The one that got away. And theres just no way I'd pay current prices.

but yet you would buy several T1000 and Dutch etc which would cost the same as an elder?

Just go get one :)

Hi Silent, I had sent you a pm about some predator commission work when had the time. Thanks

I just find buying 3 T-1000s at normal retail price today, when I was able to make 5 figures in total out of that, much easier to stomach than dropping a grand on one figure that probably wouldn't even be MIB and has only one display option. Its a great figure but I just cannot raise my own personal demand for it that much.

nice. did you ever get around to making a scabbard for him?

No, never did. I'm still not 100% sure what it looks like for one thing. I've had occassions to customize something just to eventually find better reference material that made my attempts at customs look wrong, so now I try to avoid guesstomizing.

Hey, look at that, I just invented a new word. What's Webster's phone number again...?

And theres just no way I'd pay current prices.

My step-brother just put his up on eBay starting at $430. https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320606191354&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Guess "he's a little short on cash, if you know what I mean." In the description, he mentions that it has been repainted by a "professional airbrush artist". That would be me. It's not a full on repaint, just a quick once over to make the black areas look more gray like I did to mine but without the fuller head attention mine got. He doesn't have the box, but I have his alternate hands, so they will be included if somebody here wins (just PM me if you are the winner), and I'll make sure he gets the hands before he ships it out.

Hi Silent, I had sent you a pm about some predator commission work when had the time. Thanks

Sorry for not getting back to you. I did get your PM. It's hard for me to 'quick answer' people about commissions cause experience has taught me there's way more than, "sure, I can do that for you", involved in accepting a job. I do get back to everybody, but I tend to do it all in one big shot once a week or so. I'll get you back soon.

My step-brother just put his up on eBay starting at $430. https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320606191354&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Guess "he's a little short on cash, if you know what I mean." In the description, he mentions that it has been repainted by a "professional airbrush artist". That would be me. It's not a full on repaint, just a quick once over to make the black areas look more gray like I did to mine but without the fuller head attention mine got. He doesn't have the box, but I have his alternate hands, so they will be included if somebody here wins (just PM me if you are the winner), and I'll make sure he gets the hands before he ships it out.

:slap Kinda wish you hadn't posted that but I of course know your intentions are good. Dammit I just have too much to pay for already and too many new figures coming out that I want. I presume it being an auction the price won't stay at $430. That would be a great price considering what others are charging.

The other thing of course is I'm still an ebay virgin. Did sign up for paypal recently though so thats one step.

:slap Kinda wish you hadn't posted that but I of course know your intentions are good. Dammit I just have too much to pay for already and too many new figures coming out that I want. I presume it being an auction the price won't stay at $430. That would be a great price considering what others are charging.

The other thing of course is I'm still an ebay virgin. Did sign up for paypal recently though so thats one step.
You won't be for long, you'll soon realize that when using eBay..you get screwed repeatedly :lol

but yet you would buy several T1000 and Dutch etc which would cost the same as an elder?

Just go get one :)

I just find buying 3 T-1000s at normal retail price today, when I was able to make 5 figures in total out of that, much easier to stomach than dropping a grand on one figure that probably wouldn't even be MIB and has only one display option. Its a great figure but I just cannot raise my own personal demand for it that much.

:lol Getting three T-1000's for different displays does make sense... but at the same time getting three figures of any kind might be a bit questionable.

Sniffle, at least you guys can have discussions like this. With me, it's like one new figure every few months and the only ones I've ever crossed the $300 mark (or $400 mark, which is my max) for were the AVP Preds.

hey Silentsurfer, do you know if your step brother's elder is complete with everything? He didn't mention that. I guess I can just ask him, but I figured I get a better answer here.

Back