Hot Toys MMS48 - Predator 2 - Predator Elder pics and spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New HT Predator 2 Elder pics and spec

What ever parts he doesn't have I kept after building it up for him in that pose, so I believe it's complete. He did mention the shoulder cannon was glued in the down position, so it sounds like it may have broken off at some point. That whole chest rig should be replaced with the P1 rig anyway like on mine. The Elder shoulder cannon was too close to the head and didn't have full articulation anyway.

@ Silent
how long is the waiting list for a custom predator body re-paint?

:slap Kinda wish you hadn't posted that but I of course know your intentions are good. Dammit I just have too much to pay for already and too many new figures coming out that I want. I presume it being an auction the price won't stay at $430. That would be a great price considering what others are charging.

The other thing of course is I'm still an ebay virgin. Did sign up for paypal recently though so thats one step.

Iv had a smile on my face ever since I got him. :)

Ebay not as bad as people say. I had one bad deal out of 83 since 2002 but the guy did refund me. Heck since I have started collection hottoys it has saved me around £180 just from buying from china :) plus I get them early. Just stick to the recommended power-sellers.

For deals like elder and stuff that been already out its all about the waiting game to get a good price ask a pile of questions if you get quick replies it's normaly a good sign, ask for extra photos etc. Avoid low rated sellers

There is a lot of buyer protection on ebay. I would avoid selling tho stick to forums like this if you are well known like yourself

i was the first to remake Graybacks armor and body and no one remembers :(
*shoots himself*
*rises from the dead*
as well as the first to remake P1 helmet lenses...
*shoots back*

Ebay not as bad as people say. I had one bad deal out of 83 since 2002 but the guy did refund me. Heck since I have started collection hottoys it has saved me around £180 just from buying from china :) plus I get them early. Just stick to the recommended power-sellers.

For deals like elder and stuff that been already out its all about the waiting game to get a good price ask a pile of questions if you get quick replies it's normaly a good sign, ask for extra photos etc. Avoid low rated sellers

There is a lot of buyer protection on ebay. I would avoid selling tho stick to forums like this if you are well known like yourself

:exactly::goodpost:

Although i would say this, dont always avoid sellers with low feedback ratings, avoid those with negatives/neutrals recieved over the past year but other than that you can find someone who is new and has listed something incorrectly and score a bargin.

:exactly::goodpost:

Although i would say this, dont always avoid sellers with low feedback ratings, avoid those with negatives/neutrals recieved over the past year but other than that you can find someone who is new and has listed something incorrectly and score a bargin.
yeah, i scored a BD ED209 for retail from a guy with a 0 feedback rating and never sold anything before. turned out he lived like 20 miles from me, so the shipping was free too. and i'd buy from him again.

Thanks for the tips bigpig.

Whats the story with ebay auctions does no one bother to bid till the last day or so?

Depends I bid in my elder on the last 16 secs. He did have a high starting price but lowered it when no one was bidding.

I always wait until there are 17 seconds left , have the price I want to bid already wrote in already and then click. Then I count ten seconds in my head and click confirm bid. This takes about 3 seconds to load and go through and then before the other buyers have a chance I usually win. :lol
Sounds a little complicated but it seems to work for me everytime.
If I don't win it's obviously gone over my max bid and I wouldn't have wanted it anyway.

Bigpig , I've just realsied I think I never got back to the message you sent me regarding the predator 2 elder tusk thing but it looks like you've sorted it out now mate. Sorry , I was going to take a photo and forgot !.
Congrats of finding the figure.

I still have my P2 elder in perfect condition and has been displayed since i got it. Been thinking about selling but I would miss having him so still unsure right now.

I still have my P2 elder in perfect condition and has been displayed since i got it. Been thinking about selling but I would miss having him so still unsure right now.

I nearly sold mine last month on here. I came very close to then decided againgst it, I knew I'd regret it.

I nearly sold mine last month on here. I came very close to then decided againgst it, I knew I'd regret it.
yeah, it's at the point where it's just too much of a hassle to get another one later if you change your mind. there's no reason to sell it anyway, it's not like someone else is gonna make a better one in this scale.

Bigpig , I've just realsied I think I never got back to the message you sent me regarding the predator 2 elder tusk thing but it looks like you've sorted it out now mate. Sorry , I was going to take a photo and forgot !.
Congrats of finding the figure.
NP mate Dint take me long to score one after you decided not to sell yours.

The lip ring in the post was totally unexpected was about to make one out of the necklace but it turn up.

What ever parts he doesn't have I kept after building it up for him in that pose, so I believe it's complete. He did mention the shoulder cannon was glued in the down position, so it sounds like it may have broken off at some point. That whole chest rig should be replaced with the P1 rig anyway like on mine. The Elder shoulder cannon was too close to the head and didn't have full articulation anyway.

Well yeah, you're the one that glued the shoulder cannon into position.

My step-bro, ladies and gents. First time I've seen you post on the Freaks board.

Yeah, I didn't really remember if that was the case, but now I seem to recall we bought it from a guy who already had it built up and was selling it cheap with the shoulder cannon detached.

heh, still no bids on it. i guess everyone is gonna wait until the very last second.

Photo0664_EDIT.jpg

Photo0666_EDIT.jpg

Photo0667_EDIT.jpg

yup, face quills make a big difference. glad i had it done to mine. they really should've come with that figure in the first place.

oh dude, it looks like the mask fell off of your Guardian. you gotta make sure it snaps in place when you stick it on. and it needs to have the closed mandibles on for it to fit.

Back