Hot Toys- Platoon- Chris Taylor spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my review, but I thought the video showed how good the figure is
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/nz8c4BsI5B0?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/nz8c4BsI5B0?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Man theres so much stuff with this guy, awesome fgure. I havent seen the film in so long I cant really remember it. I think I'll try to get it this weekend...

____ Charlie Sheen. Go buy Beachhead instead.

I kinda am torn now after seeing this . . .

IMG_1647.JPG

i think i'm all in on this guy that preview was very good haven't seen platoon in a long time but i loved this movie. so i'm in.:dance

I really don't care about the actors playing the character. F Sheen and Berenger. But Taylor and Barnes are badasses, but both could not hold a candle to Elias played by one of my favorite actors.

Guh, that video just emphasizes how cool he really is. He looks absolutely - 100% - amazing!:yess:

I got him the other day! And I must say that I'm over the moon about the sheer quality of it all. The buckles and snap hooks are made of metal, as is the helmet. Real working snap buttons on the canteen, etc. The unbelievable craftsmanship and attention to detail is just amazing!

Last edited:
Cool. I think I'll pull the trigger on this one while I can get it at first retail. I just hope I don't end up wanting other real war-themed figures.

I have money to order this right now...but torn between this or royce, i may end up getting both but what one should i try and get first?, the one i will have for christmas.

In terms of longevity, Platoon is almost 25 years old, and still holding up. Predators came out...last year. You make the choice.

The equiment is right on the money from when I was in the Army. I remember once the L.B.E. (straps that attach to the belt) straps were ajusted, the lose or extra ends were rolled and taped using green 100 mile an hour tape(same as duct tape), like what is included with Taylor to also be placed on his M-16 rifle. It might give it a finished realistic look. Hope this is useful info.

Brent Conner

Nah I'm only getting one so he has to stay box fresh. I'm thinking of making him casual, perhaps he'll borrow Sarah Connors cigarette and just lounge about.

Back