Hot Toys- Platoon- Chris Taylor spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered this from Assaultrabbit on ebay ... so i will be getting warmachine in the post also this week , what one should i keep until christmas? or should i wait until chrismas to open both of them?

Christmas day would be all the sweeter if you kept both of them for then. Personally though I haven't saved anything to open at Xmas in years.

His gear looks brown in that pic - I thought it was supposed to be green?

It's just the photo. The clothes and gear are a perfect shade of olive drab.

Nah I'm only getting one so he has to stay box fresh. I'm thinking of making him casual, perhaps he'll borrow Sarah Connors cigarette and just lounge about.

Get ready to be blown away! And good idea about using Sarah's smoke. I've got a spare from the T-1000/Sarah.

Just ordered this from Assaultrabbit on ebay ... so i will be getting warmachine in the post also this week , what one should i keep until christmas? or should i wait until chrismas to open both of them?

Open them up and have a peep, but don't get them out and assemble them until Christmas - resist the temptation and heighten your enjoyment! Or, just open them! :yess:

Open one when you get it, and save one for Christmas. That way you have them spread out a bit, and you can enjoy each one at a time, instead of both together.

That's what I'd do :)

It's just the photo. The clothes and gear are a perfect shade of olive drab.

Get ready to be blown away! And good idea about using Sarah's smoke. I've got a spare from the T-1000/Sarah.

Thanks Hex, yeah looking forward to this one. I'm sure when I get it it'll be hard to decide on a look to go for - fully geared up trekking through the jungle or casual like when their off duty in the drug den! The problem is if its the latter you're kinda wasting a lot of accessories, weapons and clothes - and yet I can't help but think of that scene where they all sing along to Tracks of My Tears. However, good thing about the cigarette idea is that it might fit in his mouth considering the way they've sculpted it slightly open.

^^ Ya i might just do that , so is anyone going to offer a guide on how to set this guy up?

I think some studying of the film will be required during setup of these Platoon figures.

i originally wasnt planning on getting the Platoon figs but damn it this figure is just too awesome to pass up and Barnes looks promising too. just preordered from csc. :monkey3

Yeah me too. I was gonna skip this line of figures but after seeing all the pics and the videos on youtube, I had no choice but to go ahead and preorder him and barnes from Alter Egos. For the price you get a ton of accessories and some awesome headsculpts.

same here i passed on taylor but seeing barnes made me preorder him and pick up taylor at a decent price...once barnes and elias are out taylor will rise in price

so quick question, Sheen related not platoon, but what machine gun is he using in hot shots?

500full.jpg

thanks for the info. Very tempted to make a Hot shots custom, just dont know what to do about the hair.

Well Taylors hair is removable so just grab some super sculpty and black paint and it will be simple. Or buy a HT rambo head on ebay, use an exacto or dremel to remove his hair/headband, and attach it to Chris.

Best part of Hot Shots is when he passes Martin Sheen from Apocalypse Now going up river the opposite direction.

Well Taylors hair is removable so just grab some super sculpty and black paint and it will be simple. Or buy a HT rambo head on ebay, use an exacto or dremel to remove his hair/headband, and attach it to Chris.

Best part of Hot Shots is when he passes Martin Sheen from Apocalypse Now going up river the opposite direction.

LOL, thanks for the info, and yes.

When I 1st saw the scene I had no idea what it was about (I think I was 8 at the time, but then later after Is aw Apocalypse Now I thought it was the funniest scene ever.

Could not wait till payday next week so stuck it on the credit card :)

Can't wait to get him

Son of a $%#@! just finished putting this stupid thing together. What a pain in the ass. A ridiculous amount of tiny parts for nothing. Literally almost threw it across the room a few times :mad:

Back