Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, doesn't bother me. And there may be some truth to what you're saying. Intothevoid has a really good eye for accuracy, and would pick up on all the changes.

Yes Void does but I just don't think there enough good pics for even him to prove that the cowl has massive changes. :dunno

Personally for me it looks like either the eyes have been corrected to look more squinty or that the shadows from the cowl are partially hiding them, and of course the faceplates.

Either way it looks much better, this is a good thing fellas!

Personally for me it looks like either the eyes have been corrected to look more squinty or that the shadows from the cowl are partially hiding them, and of course the faceplates.

Either way it looks much better, that is a good thing fellas!

Exactly. Doesn't have bug eyes like DX01 and DX12. Face plates look improved too.

Yes Void does but I just don't think there enough good pics for even him to prove that the cowl has massive changes. :dunno

Yeah, I don't think the cowl has "massive changes". Until someone pointed out the nostrils and brow I didn't see any change. I wish there were bigger changes since the back of the cowl still bothers me. Really the only issue I have with it at this point.

Yeah, forgot about the eyes. They do look smaller.

If they indeed made any changes, I'm sure they'll upload new pictures and specs to their facebook page saying something like: "here's our new and improved Batman figure with even more accurate cowl" etc like they did with Thor.

You should not have to apologize but perhaps just let it go and not try to convince others because none of us really know for certain and thus, no point going on about it.

Yeah, but I just want to say I'm not trying to convince anyone I'm right "they're wrong" or anything like that. I'm not even sure I'm right!

:goodpost:
Very good points.

Well good luck with that, I am waiting to see in hand pics of the final product before I can be quite certain. :)

Thanks!

Me too, hopefully that will make any changes made more noticeable.

Nope, doesn't bother me. And there may be some truth to what you're saying. Intothevoid has a really good eye for accuracy, and would pick up on all the changes (or lack of them).

I have a pretty sensitive eye when it comes to the effects of lighting, so I don't think that's the only difference.

The things I notice are

1) A more accurately shaped torso (not so "v" shaped).

2) The arms aren't so skinny anymore (could be partially an illusion after correcting the torso shape).

3) The fists might be larger?

4) The outer shoulder pads are re-shaped.

5) Reshaped brow and nostrils.

6) New face plates.

Before, the deal breakers for me were using the DX12 faceplates, and the skinny arms. Having those two things fixed in addition to the other things I mentioned swayed my into ordering. :)

Cool, I thought I was being annoying and kinda ruining the party here. I will look into those points you made later, now time for dinner.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E781QE7ZQK8[/ame]

:wink1:

600577_524375084302146_1983842123_n.jpg

PD1343618017p42.jpg

Ah, what do I know, maybe they are the same.

I take back the fists being bigger, and now I'm not so sure about the shoulders. The torso definitely looks different to me though.

Also, the actual size of the head seems larger...

One thing i do really wish they had done though is supply 2 sets of different hand types to represent the differences between TDK & TDKR

Gonna have to buy another set of fists and cut the buckle off again, not that it's a problem at all just wish HT would have done it for me

Mags, are you thinking you may have to mod this similar to the DX12? RE: the gloves, boots etc

600577_524375084302146_1983842123_n.jpg

PD1343618017p42.jpg

Ah, what do I know, maybe they are the same.

I take back the fists being bigger, and now I'm not so sure about the shoulders. The torso definitely looks different to me though.

Also, the actual size of the head seems larger...

Good lighting, Robbie's awesome custom made mouth piece:

dsc02248rd.jpg

Just looking at these pictures one could think the cowl was completely different in the two shots. The custom mouth piece changes the whole appearance of the cowl. Also notice the lighting source in my picture, it doesn't light up the eye sockets so much that it's white. It has that dark effect because the light doesn't reach that part so well, like the 1/4 Bats on display at SDCC. Also the way you pose the eyes have an impact on the overall look of the cowl. I would hardly say that the figure on display at SDCC had "heavy lighting". The light sources were white, from the roof. The ones at the toys fair were yellow, right infront of it, coming from the right and left sides. Giving it those ugly shadow effects on the cowl.

:1-1:

Definitely! It's one of my most wanted figures, so I really want to get to the bottom of this.

Love the Robocop lighting.

Probably. I think it's a case of the design working better in a larger scale.

I would consider modding the gloves, but that's it. The boot design looks perfect already on this.

Mag, you were an inspiration with the mods you did to the dx12. The thread you created set forth the motion in making the dx12 shine even further.

....that being said, you are KER-RAZY for modding THIS FIGURE:panic:

:lol

This sucka is gonna run us up to 5 bills (usd)....:lol I can't even bring myself to cut a loose strand off the cape :lol

Of course, ill enjoy watching you tinker with it though:hi5:

Back