Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are crazy. Whats wrong with the face plates now?

w442.jpg

You guys are crazy. Whats wrong with the face plates now?

w442.jpg

I don't think there is anything wrong with the likeness but apparently they don't fit as well as EB ones do on the Batman Begins one. So it doesn't look like Bale is wearing a mask but the cowl looks like it is made up into different pieces.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the likeness but apparently they don't fit as well as EB ones do on the Batman Begins one. So it doesn't look like Bale is wearing a mask but the cowl looks like it is made up into different pieces.

You guys are killing me. :lol

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

It's not me who said that! Maglor said that, hence why I said apparently that is the case. I don't own this figure yet, just clarifying the problem people have with the face plates. Nevertheless, from what I have seen I can see where Maglor's coming from. Well.. I actually said the cowl looks like it is made up into different pieces compared to Adam's one and EBs one that both look like Bale wearing a mask. Maglor said the reason for that was because the ill fitting face plates.

Last edited:
It's not me who said that! Maglor said that, hence why I said apparently that is the case. I don't own this figure yet, just clarifying the problem people have with the face plates. Nevertheless, from what I have seen I can see where Maglor's coming from. Well.. I actually said the cowl looks like it is made up into different pieces compared to Adam's one and EBs one that both look like Bale wearing a mask. Maglor said the reason for that was because the ill fitting face plates.

Come on man, I quoted you not Maglor.
He only said HT doesn't seem to get the face plates right.
Why he doesn't like them he didn't say.
He also quoted YOU.
The whole thing about the fit and the HT cowl looking like different pieces was all you.
I own both the EB and HT figures and I strongly disagree.
As a matter of fact I think the EB plates seat a little too deep in the cowls though it's nothing distracting.
The EB cowls are overall more accurate to Batman Begins than the HT cowl to TDK but the HT cowl has a finer finish and looks more life like in closeups (you can spot the painted eyes on the EB cowls when you get close and the cowl casting and painting aren't as good as HT's).
In the end these are both terrific figures; simply put EB has better Bat-cowls and HT gets everything else better with more options (EB also has a better cape).

Come on man, I quoted you not Maglor.
He only said HT doesn't seem to get the face plates right.
Why he doesn't like them he didn't say.

Yes he did, I said it looks like a Jigsaw puzzle put together because of the PERs or ERS and he said it is not only that its because of the ill fitting face plates.

Read the page in this link.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113988&page=1220

He also quoted YOU.
The whole thing about the fit and the HT cowl looking like different pieces was all you.

Yes I brought it up but Maglor agreed and said why.

I own both the EB and HT figures and I strongly disagree.
As a matter of fact I think the EB plates seat a little too deep in the cowls though it's nothing distracting.
The EB cowls are overall more accurate to Batman Begins than the HT cowl to TDK but the HT cowl has a finer finish and looks more life like in closeups (you can spot the painted eyes on the EB cowls when you get close and the cowl casting and painting aren't as good as HT's).
In the end these are both terrific figures; simply put EB has better Bat-cowls and HT gets everything else better with more options (EB also has a better cape).

Man I don't know which one is better I am just explaining what Maglor said when I said Hot Toys one looks like it has separate parts unlike Adam's that looks like it is Bale wearing a mask. Maglor is the one that said the EB Bats faceplates fitted so much better and it appears that way when I look at pics. I was just repeating what Maglor said about the face plates because people were asking what was wrong with them. :peace

Too much nitpick. I like all your advices in a way but reading how much complain for small details, like these and that. It's still a collectible, i know we are paying loads of $$$ to spend and we should have no 0 prob with that. But still, just appreciate we are given a chance to be able to afford and posed our collectibles in the movies we seen. Fan or not fan of either hot toys or enterbay. At the end of the day, we are all entitled to our own opinion. But it's just everyday i go home from work and i see to much complains with these collectible. Not pertaining to anyone, just my 2 cents. I really appreciate the advices all coming from here but now it's like complains. Peace to everyone. I will wait my 1/4 bat once i shipped my loot. Tc! Have a good day

Too much nitpick. I like all your advices in a way but reading how much complain for small details, like these and that. It's still a collectible, i know we are paying loads of $$$ to spend and we should have no 0 prob with that. But still, just appreciate we are given a chance to be able to afford and posed our collectibles in the movies we seen. Fan or not fan of either hot toys or enterbay. At the end of the day, we are all entitled to our own opinion. But it's just everyday i go home from work and i see to much complains with these collectible. Not pertaining to anyone, just my 2 cents. I really appreciate the advices all coming from here but now it's like complains. Peace to everyone. I will wait my 1/4 bat once i shipped my loot. Tc! Have a good day

I completely agree and what really puzzles me is that it's not as if there is better out there by any company (not including costumisers) right now.

I feel all these complaints would be more valid if there was a better 1:4 Scale DKR Batman but there's nothing to compare these too.

Of course we should respect well worded opinion but it's hard to sometimes when you think them completey over the top.

Yeah, I wish the face plates would seat more deeply into the cowl.
:exactly:
haha well done bro :thud:

But i also like the other heads. I'm just a big fan of the Hong Kong Scene even it's 5 seconds of the movie lol.

You're not alone bro on this one!:hi5: The whole movie is AWESOME but that scene in particular is by far my favorite!Personally,the face plates on the HT cowl sit to far out ruining the illusion at certain angles.I know that the cowl was not as thick as the BB version but it's not suppose to flushed with it either.Overall,it looks GREAT but nothing compared to the EB!Darkavatar did you pick up the HT QS Bats my friend?:wink1:

:exactly:

You're not alone bro on this one!:hi5: The whole movie is AWESOME but that scene in particular is by far my favorite!

Yeah I think it is my favorite scene to, my body released endorphins when I first watched that! :yess:

:hi5:

Personally,the face plates on the HT cowl sit to far out ruining the illusion at certain angles.I know that the cowl was not as thick as the BB version but it's not suppose to flushed with it either.Overall,it looks GREAT but nothing compared to the EB!Darkavatar did you pick up the HT QS Bats my friend?:wink1:

No mate I don't as I am waiting for my LCS to get it in so I can see what it looks like in hand under normal lighting. ;) This is because some pics it looks great (like SDCC pics) and other pics taken in certain lighting from members on here. Whereas in others it looks very toyish as the large eyes are noticeable, despite the fact they are deep set within the cowl. The thing I like about 1/4 scale figures is that their head sculpts usually look very realistic like real people, the cowl on this figure doesn't look like a real person is wearing a cowl but instead looks like it has been put together from parts if that makes sense?:dunno

Don't get me wrong though it is still good cowl sculpt but the whole idea for me buying a 1/4 scale figure is to have something that looks as real as possible. If my DX12 with Medicom head sculpt looks less toyish than this then I see no point in buying it because I don't want something that just looks like a large toy, which is how some people on here see this.

Back