Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, the cheap zip tie at the back's really bad. EB could've done better. At the end of the day, though, $350-375 for the EB Batman while some DX 1/6 we're already just $100 cheaper when it came out, made me think that the value's not bad at all, unless you get one with really bad QC.

As for the TDK/TDKR suit, if EB had it released LAST YEAR, I would not trust them over HT's version. If it was announced this year I might have a different view, seeing how well the costumes on EB T800 and the update on Masked Rider turned out. Neither's as intricate as the TDK armor, alright, but costume quality's gotten better and who's to say EB can't pull it off now comparable to HT's?

Like I said, though, I think HT has literally stopped the market flow for 1/4 scale TDK suit Batmen. When this was first revealed, the ONLY thing that it had going for it was that they included pretty much everything that you could want in a Batman figure. Now that they've improved it, and it looks exactly like Bale, with improved proportions, smaller shoulder pads, all of those accessories, squinty PERS, and, as I said, faceplates that look exactly like Bale, I really don't see how you can go up from this. For one thing, $400+ is a lot different than $200+ dollars, and I can't see people shelling out that kind of cash for minimal upgrades from this (on that note, HOW CAN YOU EVEN UPGRADE FROM THIS!?!?!).:lol

Like I said, though, I think HT has literally stopped the market flow for 1/4 scale TDK suit Batmen. When this was first revealed, the ONLY thing that it had going for it was that they included pretty much everything that you could want in a Batman figure. Now that they've improved it, and it looks exactly like Bale, with improved proportions, smaller shoulder pads, all of those accessories, squinty PERS, and, as I said, faceplates that look exactly like Bale, I really don't see how you can go up from this. For one thing, $400+ is a lot different than $200+ dollars, and I can't see people shelling out that kind of cash for minimal upgrades from this (on that note, HOW CAN YOU EVEN UPGRADE FROM THIS!?!?!).:lol

Boo ya!! Said it it all lol now we just need to know when shipping will start, as i keep repeating, i ore ordered mine in november 2012 so i expect the first wave :p

Boo ya!! Said it it all lol now we just need to know when shipping will start, as i keep repeating, i ore ordered mine in november 2012 so i expect the first wave :p

I must say, sir, I am incredibly ecstatic that you were right, and I feel like SDCC could turn the tides for a lot of HT fans.

hopefully we can see more pics soon.
Am I the only one who still not impressed by the overall sculpt :monkey3
but I'm still glad at least the eyes and that plate are a lot better than the proto. maybe I'll satisfied after seeing clearer pics. anyway, glad I preordered this last year :yess:

hopefully we can see more pics soon.
Am I the only one who still not impressed by the overall sculpt :monkey3
but I'm still glad at least the eyes and that plate are a lot better than the proto. maybe I'll satisfied after seeing clearer pics. anyway, glad I preordered this last year :yess:

Dude everyone is impressed by the overall genius of this figure, even the people who were bad mouthing it have been converted from that 1 pic lol

PO'd this figure sometimes last year. Glad to see they took all the feedback, and did the needed revisions.

I hope the scale matches that of EB's batman. Wouldn't want a shorter batman :(

That just adds to my point. Too narrow.

Possible. But..

The photo may be making it look too narrow.

Lens distortion, I believe.

I hope they reshape the cowl. DX12 cowl is terrible.

..I'm thinking it's mostly lens distortion.

The faceplate is a joke. His upper lip extends past his lower lip. The neck is short and stocky like a chode. The forehead area seems off. The eyes are clearly an issue.. That headsculpt is just a complete joke.

:rotfl:lecture

"There are always people you care about. You just don't realize how much until they're gone. The idea was to be a symbol. John Roberts could be anybody, that was the point."

:lol:lol:lol:exactly:

Are you concerned about the flattened back of the cowl?

I'm hoping it's just lens distortion making it seem that way.

Jeeze Louise! This is like "The Phantom Figure of San Diego." I've scoured the Internet and found pretty much everything except for this. It's unbelievable to me that something this awesome could just be overlooked. I just can't even fathom it. The only thing that I can think of is that they were waiting until tomorrow to put it on display.

Wowzers...

IMG_0081_zps745d1bec.jpg

IMG_0080_zps3ccf2e25.jpg

That is beautiful.

Look at that kid's face.

****... guess I'm getting my first 1/4.

I will have like 8 HT bats now... 9 if that armory comes with a suit... gahhh!

i didn't like their prototype, it looked aweful and so i hadn't interest at all on this. but so glad, ht have heard at us nitpickers and is delivering now a masterpiece. i'm in love with the headsculpt, even though it looks a bit narrowed, but i think it's just the lens distortion.

now looking at this picture, makes me want to pre-order aswell, but sadly OSB is sold out. so is there any other good european site with a decent price where i could pre-order this?

Back