Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the kind of backpack he's wearing before the base jump scene, what the cape comes out from.

I doubt it. The sticky gun an sonar lens aren't enough to justify a rerelease, there has to be more. But what else is there to include with Batman? :confused:

I can't see HT releasing another TDK Batman. Can't think of anything they could possibly include to entice me a second time around.

You never know with Hot Toys because just looks at Cannibal Jack.:D

What HT should do is use those resources and give us OTHER figure from TDK rather than another Batman. Honestly, we don't need another one.

Harvey Dent/Two-Face, Gordon. How about those?

Yep, it seems they took what the fans said, changed it,

Do we really have any confirmation that HT listens to fan feedback the way SS does? And what fans would those be? Does HT have reps that communicate with American fans or are the Japanese just as anal and vocal as we are?

Do we really have any confirmation that HT listens to fan feedback the way SS does? And what fans would those be? Does HT have reps that communicate with American fans or are the Japanese just as anal and vocal as we are?

Realistically, we have no clue. We've seen mods to this figure that correlate with fan feedback, but there's nothing to directly tie the changes to that feedback, could just be coincidental.

Realistically, we have no clue. We've seen mods to this figure that correlate with fan feedback, but there's nothing to directly tie the changes to that feedback, could just be coincidental.

I have a good feeling they visit this very site regularily.

We do have confirmation HT's Star Sculptor Yulli visits this site. She has mentioned as much on her own site ( see Gruff's thread "Yulli".)

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39641

So if she is visiting us I guarantee you other HT Employees are as well.

I am very happy with the Takara version, even though I love the new cowl but I would only consider getting the new suit (did I mention I love how it looks like the old ninja uniform) if I get a cape that actually holds in place like in the Hong Kong scenes.

I doubt it. The sticky gun an sonar lens aren't enough to justify a rerelease, there has to be more. But what else is there to include with Batman? :confused:

I can't see HT releasing another TDK Batman. Can't think of anything they could possibly include to entice me a second time around.

"Dog bite battle-damaged" version with sticky bomb gun + sonar lense + new Bruce Wayne sculpt. :lol

Based on what they've done with the bank robber joker, what i'd expect to see in a TDK suit v2:

Sonar lenses Head (with lightup eyes, or just painted, lights would be cooler)
Honk Kong scene BackPack
Removable cape (to swap pack)
Sticky bomb gun
Bruce Wayne Head

I'd see the lenses being an actual seperate head, since they are too small a thing to be a removable accessory and they are supposed to be IN the cowls eye sockets. Light up would be cool, and seeing the small size light up work they did with the new iron man helps me see that as a possability.

The hong kong base jump stuff is an obvious do, the backpack and the sticky gun, its just a nice alternate way of displaying him, with the pack on, and either the regular cowled head or the bruce head. And it'd give us the sticky gun which as of now it hink they left out because they weren't quite aware of it like with the full look of jokers face hence its first headsculpt.

As it is i'd be less inclined to buy another tdk suit bats even with more stuff, just because i wouldnt need it so much, bank robber joker is easier to get because of the new head, but a bats wouldn't be worth it unless i really had the extra money and had the batpod, so i could have regular tdk suit on it, and the hong kong setup one displayed standing.

The only way Hot Toys can get me to buy another Batman figure is if they included a light up bat signal or something. The sonar eyes and sticky bomb gun aren't that special to me. Same thing with the backpack...Batman is just not Batman with his cape folded up and a gun in his hand. I'd rather see Gordon with the Bat signal than another Batman variation.

I have to say I'm going to be a proud owner of this fine figure come december 10th. I ordered it through my local comic book store, I'm friends with the owner and he gave me a smidge of a discount, and he allowed me to pre-order it lol.

and a plus I ordered the Bank Robber figure from Joe, woo hoo! this christmas is going to be very batman oriented. With Mortal Kombat Vs. DC and Lego Batman on my video game preorder list at the Game Stop I work at this year is shaping up to be the best Batman year in my life lol.

I see the price has went up on ActionHQ for this, was originally $144, now $199

Yulli is so ^^^^ing gorgeous:wacky :chug:lol

Imagine: all the sculpts you want, plus all the extras...

img4419tiger231hh0.jpg

ok im confused which version is the latest version of tdk batman? i should expect to receive the ones posed next to the box or the ones posed in the dramatic lighting? i ordered this fig and am hoping to recieve it decemeber 10th. if its that square headed one next to the batman boxes i am going to cancel my order

ok im confused which version is the latest version of tdk batman? i should expect to receive the ones posed next to the box or the ones posed in the dramatic lighting? i ordered this fig and am hoping to recieve it decemeber 10th. if its that square headed one next to the batman boxes i am going to cancel my order

If by square-headed you mean the one that is more movie-accurate with the narrow mouth opening, then no that is not the most recent one. TO be honest we don't know what it will look like at release, but most likely it will have a head similar to the very first proto shots, with altered costume. Although we have to wait and see on this one. The one with dramatic lighting is the more recent version. In any event, both versions are great, and I would pick up either one!

And welcome to the board!

Well if Hot Toys is trolling this board, I'd like them to get that we don't like it when a figure is offered with significantly improved stuff -- like the Battle Damaged Predator 2 -- so close to its original release date. We want to feel like the figure we buy from Hot Toys is the best it can possibly be for the longest amount of time.

But at the same time, I like it when a figure is released with dramatic changes like the Original Suit Batman which is designed with a different take on the figure and comes with Power Up parts for the original release like the beautiful Bale head and the hands that work with the first figure -- in that case, buying the new Original Suit Batman feels like I got 2 figures for the price of 1: the all-new new one and the upgraded Bale headed first release.

Also the new Joker is great because he comes with a Power Up Joker head and weapons for the original release Joker. Had Hot Toys announced a Serious Joker recently instead of a Bank Robber Joker -- and we could imagine that a Serious Joker would be a first release Joker that also comes with the Serious Joker head and the additional weapons -- then I would feel much less likely to buy future Hot Toys figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back