Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One can dream. Joker, I'd say like 5-10 alternate heads plus weapons. I'd pay a full figure price for that.

I think I would too.

Joker laughing and maybe that lip-licking thing he does seem like obvious alternative heads.

As for weapons - the RPG he uses....oh and theres another potential headsculpt - doubt they'd do that though.

Yeah check the Medicom figure. They perfectly sculpted the mouth area.

I prefer the HT ver though.

Narrower than in the pic? Guess I'll have to go see the movie again.

I think the cowl looks great, don't really see a problem. If they have reworked the sculpt though, that's even better. It's still the best Dark Knight figure in the market.

I personally don't see the difference in the cowl from looking at Venakin's little Batman pic in his sig. This is obviously the updated figure too since it differs from the original pics in the thread. HT may be reworking the sculpt but I kinda doubt it.

Hot Toys has updated the cowl sculpt, giving it a narrower mouth opening so it looks more like the TDK version instead of the BB cowl.

There's a couple pictures of the newly sculpted cowl hiding somewhere in this thread, but since it's 96 pages long, I'm not going to bother looking for it.

Does someone have that pic on hand?

This it?

2698002333_e61c086a51.jpg
2698821676_508f94b18a.jpg

2721336317_035bc802df_b.jpg

2739226898_b6597349b9_b.jpg

The upper pic with the batarangs on his belt is the old proto. The lower pic with the corrected belt and HS is the new one.

Revised Bats...
20080802_5d16f39cffe9a54237a564fQJvV3Popf.jpg

The upper pic with the batarangs on his belt is the old proto. The lower pic with the corrected belt and HS is the new one.

Yep, it seems they took what the fans said, changed it, then decided the cowl lacked something when it was more "movie accurate," and went with a minorly modified first version head. It makes little sense to me, since almost everyone praised them when they made the change from version 1 (top pic), but it simply is not the same cowl as in the film. I still LOVE the figure though. As with the first version Joker, movie accurateness lacking, they are still definite buys.

So the batarang can't be clipped on like the previous?

It would have been cool if the belt was metal/magnetized, for this stuff to be clipped on and off.

I can see how the cowls are different, but I actually like the less accurate one more. If it was perfectly accurate it'd still be great though. I guess what I'm trying to say is I like both.

I like everything about this figure, my only minor gripe is that i think the shoulders and upper portion of the torso are too wide and needs to be more compact. Don't really mind the cowl or anything eles.

Yea i think it sucks that people ^^^^^ed about something that looked better initially with the cowl, the first one looks way better IMO..why would they change it? lame if it was because of collectors crying about it...why are people not paying attention to this kind of thing.

Revised Bats...
20080802_5d16f39cffe9a54237a564fQJvV3Popf.jpg

Are you sure? I think the pic in your post is the older sculpt, before they revised it.

Just take a look at this pic and notice the cardboard display behind the figure, specifically Batman's face:

2698002333_e61c086a51.jpg
2698821676_508f94b18a.jpg

You'll notice that the shot of Batman on the cardboard display looks nothing like the actual figure in the very same photo but instead looks more like the one you have in your post, CCB. WOuldn't the one in your post be the older version?

no, for the pic cocoboloboy is showing you is the most recent one. the belt has been fixed, the cape shortened, and the sculpt of the suit has been much improved. for some reason they just put the old headsculpt back onto it for the show where this pic was taken.

no, for the pic cocoboloboy is showing you is the most recent one. the belt has been fixed, the cape shortened, and the sculpt of the suit has been much improved. for some reason they just put the old headsculpt back onto it for the show where this pic was taken.

Oh, I see. That's puzzling. So went back to the old cowl but updated everything else?

The release of the figure coming up soon and we still don't have many GOOD pictures of it.

Oh, I see. That's puzzling. So went back to the old cowl but updated everything else?

The release of the figure coming up soon and we still don't have many GOOD pictures of it.

yeah im not sure exactly why they changed that, i wish theyd kept the more accurate cowl sculpt. i have this on pre-order still but im getting hesitant about it as i really want to know what the figure is going to look like in its final version before i plunk down the 150 dollars for it.

I guess they're just trying to do the best they can on that figure... Maybe they should never have shown the early prototypes and everybody would have praised their work.
So far, the last version is always the best for me!

Last edited:
I really hope HT doesnt make another stunt like the Joker. I preordered New Costume Batman next to the glorious Batpod. I did preorderd both Joker's, but I'm not that happy to. We should have been awarded with a perfect sculp the first time also. I hope the Batman TDK is the single release until the next movie. Then they might upgrade the sculpt like the have done with Begins costume. But now it would be a ripoff...

I'm pretty sure we'll see another version of the TDK figure. Like some other members said, HT won't let the sonar and sticky gun undone :monkey2

I'm pretty sure we'll see another version of the TDK figure. Like some other members said, HT won't let the sonar and sticky gun undone :monkey2

I doubt it. The sticky gun an sonar lens aren't enough to justify a rerelease, there has to be more. But what else is there to include with Batman? :confused:

I can't see HT releasing another TDK Batman. Can't think of anything they could possibly include to entice me a second time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back