Hot Toys - The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is they're a little bummed Takara stole their Batman Begins thunder last time around. Now they're ready to clean house with Dark Knight. Awesome news. Cannot wait to see what they come up with.

Sounds like they are running the gamut with at least 5 Figs Coming

At least 1 TDK Fig (maybe also a BB Re-release Fig or 2 in 1)
Bruce Wayne
Prolly a 2 in 1 Dent (2 heads)
Joker
Goons
Alfred?
Gordon?
Lucius?
Scarecrow?

Last edited:
Oooooo.... We may see something next week? Maybe yes? Best not to get too excited? :D

I'm giddy! :elefant

Batman, Joker and Two-Face are a given.

Not interested in Dent or anyone "normal". Just the crazies.

Incidently, TRU had a 4" Batman Movie Pack that included a Scarecrow in a trenchcoat-like straight-jacket. He looked pretty cool. I wonder if this get-up is in the movie, or just the toy manufacturer's imagination? I'd take one like that in 1/6th.

I can see a 1/6th tumbler Batmobile coming out of this as well.Or at least the bike:google

You don't suppose they would be doing a Tumbler, do you?

That would be hard to pass up, even though I already have the R/C version (that still needs to be gutted and packed to the gills with electronics).

OK, OK it might be (very) wishful thinking, but I'm going for-

Wave one-
1- Bats-original outfit
2- Joker
3- Joker goon/henchman

Wave two-
4- Batman suit mk 2
5- Bruce Wayne
6- Alfred Pennyworth

Wave three-
7- Joker alternate version
8- Harvy Dent
9- Twoface (might be a 2 in 1 with Harvey Dent)

Wave four-
10- James Gordon
11- Dr Crane/Scarecrow 2 in 1
12- Lucius Fox or Rachel Dawes

And maybe a 1/6 Bat bike?

Wave one-
1- Bats-original outfit
2- Joker
3- Joker goon/henchman

Wave two-
4- Batman suit mk 2
5- Bruce Wayne
6- Alfred Pennyworth

Wave three-
8- Harvy Dent

Wave four-
10- James Gordon

I think that's a pretty realistic list, and not out of the question with the Batpod idea. Of that list, I'd say Alfred, Lucuis and Rachel are the only ones that probably won't become real, I just think HT won't see a mass demand for them, which is probably right, and not worth doing. There's been plenty of characters the boards have wanted to see in lines that HT's opted weren't worth making. If they did Rachel, maybe an SSC Exclusive version could have a Katie Holmes alternate head :lol

I think they'll start with a new suit Batman and a Joker. I could be wrong, but I think they'll start with a new suit one because a lot of fans don't like it and if they started with the Begins one maybe a later figure with a new suit wouldn't sell well.

Then, maybe a Batman Begins suit this time with an extra Bruce Wayne head. And a goon, since Mattel is putting out goon figures, so they seem to appeal to toy makers.

How would a 2 in 1 figure work - isn't the bat suit too bulky to fit under a suit?

Given the technical design of the Batsuit, I don't think we'll see a 2 in 1. Someone with Supes can correct me on this, but I think you just put the work suit over his Supes suit like in the movie, but with Batman, Wayne and Batman are separte, he doesn't wear the suit underneath anything. I'd say we'll get a Wayne-Batman 2pack if anything, and I'd say that'd be Wayne and the new TDK suit as that'll likely ensure sales of the TDK suit figure and as you suggest Cap, Begins style will come after they've gotten all their money on the suit people aren't the interested in. It's HT's game and they play it well.

Wave one-
1- Bats-original outfit
2- Joker
3- Joker goon/henchman

Wave two-
4- Batman suit mk 2
5- Bruce Wayne
6- Alfred Pennyworth

Wave three-
8- Harvy Dent

Wave four-
10- James Gordon

If this is the list, then I will be broke!

Tyco made a 1/6 RC Tumbler for BEGINS. Knowing how big that is I don't see any way Hot Toys will make one. The shipping cost alone would cause a national recession.

Tyco made a 1/6 RC Tumbler for BEGINS. Knowing how big that is I don't see any way Hot Toys will make one. The shipping cost alone would cause a national recession.

True that! I think the Batpod could be done in Power Loader size and price though, be interesting to see what happens.

Here's what I'll get in 1/6 for sure, barring any issues with the looks of the figures:

Batman (Begins Suit)
Joker (Standard Look)
Two-Face
Batman (Dark Knight Suit)

Anything else will be judged as it's made, but those are my hopefulls, which is plenty enought, that's about $500 right there :google

True that! I think the Batpod could be done in Power Loader size and price though, be interesting to see what happens.

Here's what I'll get in 1/6 for sure, barring any issues with the looks of the figures:

Batman (Begins Suit)
Joker (Standard Look)
Two-Face
Batman (Dark Knight Suit)

Anything else will be judged as it's made, but those are my hopefulls, which is plenty enought, that's about $500 right there :google

My exact same list. although i'm thinking it'll be closer to 600! I'm guessing $150 per figure.

Back