Hot Toys - The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wish they were all 2 in one, but all i care is that batman this time its poseable, hopefully they'll find something :monkey2 i dont want to have joker holding his knife and ready to kill and batman just standing there and look like a freaking model cuz he cant move, i want to recreate a scene from the movie :monkey2

i wish they were all 2 in one, but all i care is that batman this time its poseable, hopefully they'll find something :monkey2 i dont want to have joker holding his knife and ready to kill and batman just standing there and look like a freaking model cuz he cant move, i want to recreate a scene from the movie :monkey2

Excellent point. The HT Batman had serious posing problems. With the TDK suit armor patchwork I don't believe that will be a problem at all.

I wonder what a TDK suit figure will be made of. Going by the mesh and mixed media style of it, I'm thinking it'd work best as some sort of fabric and use like a foam or sorts to bulk up the armor areas. Might be too expensive that way though. Wish I could think of an example, I can picture what I'm trying to say here in my mind but it's probably not coming out clearly to you guys.

I can't see a 2 in 1 but I could see a Bruce Wayne figure with an alternate head - we don't know what kind of expressions or features like scars, mussed hair etc, a shouting expression might be important in the movie to Bruce Wayne.

I could see a Batman with an Wayne head, so you can have a cowled and uncowled Batman.

I could see a Joker with make-up and extra head without.

SPOILER...

So, how many of you would buy a nurse's outfit Joker?

I wonder what a TDK suit figure will be made of. Going by the mesh and mixed media style of it, I'm thinking it'd work best as some sort of fabric and use like a foam or sorts to bulk up the armor areas. Might be too expensive that way though. Wish I could think of an example, I can picture what I'm trying to say here in my mind but it's probably not coming out clearly to you guys.

you mean something familiar like the custom keaton batman

I can't see a 2 in 1 but I could see a Bruce Wayne figure with an alternate head - we don't know what kind of expressions or features like scars, mussed hair etc, a shouting expression might be important in the movie to Bruce Wayne.

I could see a Batman with an Wayne head, so you can have a cowled and uncowled Batman.

I could see a Joker with make-up and extra head without.

SPOILER...

So, how many of you would buy a nurse's outfit Joker?

oh hell yea im buying that one if they make one or hopefully is included with the joker :monkey2

you mean something familiar like the custom keaton batman

Nope, not like that at all. It's really hard to articulate. Anyone that's ever played baseball would undertstand, I'm thinking a similar design to how a catcher's chest guard is made with cloth and firm padding beneath it for protection. You make the parts that are more just material as cloth and the armored parts get padded to give shape and sense of protection.

i too am anxious to see what takara's gonna bring to the table.

but over the past year, HT has been kicking serious arse with their products.

IMO, i'm positive they're gonna deliver the hell out of TDK. i wasn't too hot with their begins fig, but i know for sure they will NOT disappoint with figs from the sequel. especially with yulli as their sculptor.

sigh, my poor wallet.

So when do we think the pictures for these will be up?

And regarding the spoiler: I'd only get the definitive version of each character in this movie. Unless there is a couple of Batsuit versions & Maybe a Bruce Wayne to go with my Routh Clark Kent.

i too am anxious to see what takara's gonna bring to the table.

but over the past year, HT has been kicking serious arse with their products.

IMO, i'm positive they're gonna deliver the hell out of TDK. i wasn't too hot with their begins fig, but i know for sure they will NOT disappoint with figs from the sequel. especially with yulli as their sculptor.

sigh, my poor wallet.

As much as I love my Takara Batman, unless the poseability isn't as good as Tak Bats, HT's newest efforts should blow it away, I forsee both a quality figure, which is what Tak Bats is, and an accurrate representation of the source, which Tak Bats takes liberties with.

I only need me one good Joker and one good Batman. Any additional figures will depend on how good the movie and the actual figures are.

2 TDK suit batmans and a 1 joker for me. If they make a bruce wayne, ill get one of those.

oh and either 2 or 1 BB suit Batman if they make it depending on how good it is.

:banana

A while back supposedly there was a shot leaked of the prototype for the HT TDK Batman and the Batpod.

So when do we think the pictures for these will be up?

And regarding the spoiler: I'd only get the definitive version of each character in this movie. Unless there is a couple of Batsuit versions & Maybe a Bruce Wayne to go with my Routh Clark Kent.

I think maybe sooner than you think. The Busts are already announced with prod pics so you know they have these figs cued.

This is the one thread I'm checking compulsively. I can't wait to see the Hot Toys Joker; especially after seeing DCD's final product on their version. It looks very frumpy and stiff.

Back