Hot Toys - The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree MF, I think releasing the TDK suit first ensures that less people will go after a BB release if done down the road because it'll look more like a rehash then anything else. I think the smart bet is to release the BB suit get people excited about what could be coming and then hit them with the TDK.

I hope it's the Begins suit first.Then the TDK suit in another wave.Looking forward to seeing the detail in the Joker's face and hair and costume.

So if HT makes a new Begins figure that blows everything else away, how many are gonna trade up from Takara?

I don't know if you'd call it trading up, but I would get it in addition to. Takara's is a stylized figure and I like the design of it. Getting and improved Hot Toys Begins suit for me would be about having a Begins figure that matches the build and shapes of the Begins suit, like the Bust does in the cowl. The Takara cowl is shaped more like the new suit for TDK than the Begins, doesn't have that panther look with the heavy neck like the Begins suit had.

So if HT makes a new Begins figure that blows everything else away, how many are gonna trade up from Takara?

:wave Me.

And I do hope they make the BEGINS suit first. I will absolutely not buy a TDK suit Batman figure. I'm psyched for the rest, though.

I hope for a TDK suit as I have a BB version already. They can easily rerelease that one with a better face sculpt. But the TDK one is a must, for the version, like it or not, and a Joker, for sure. Hope it's soon. I am dying to see them.

I hope for a TDK suit as I have a BB version already. They can easily rerelease that one with a better face sculpt. But the TDK one is a must, for the version, like it or not, and a Joker, for sure. Hope it's soon. I am dying to see them.

Looks like we'll be seeing prod pics Monday, Les. Wookster will be posting hi res pics.

NEWS FLASH

Just been informed I should have 1/6 hi-res pics + spec to show on Monday, keep your eyes peeled as I'm told some 'preview' pics will be surfacing over the weekend!

I haven't been this excited since the Power-Loader was announced!

Oh man oh man. I don't think I'll be online this weekend, either! I cannot wait for this or the Iron Man stuff.

i can't wait for this either... so is the BB suit gonna say TDK on the box or BB??? not that it matters, but i just want to know. i'm definitely getting TDK bats and 2 Jokers, on the fence about getting the BB suit.

hoping for both suits. i never picked up the Takara BB fig, and am now ready to pick up a revised Hot Toys version. And for the record, I like the new suit.

I'm good for anything that comes out in this line. I am seriously thinking of redoing my preorder lists. Some stuff may be going to make room for Batman stuff! I mean, I have all the Star Wars I want, really, and except for a couple of Indy items, there's not much else I want there. Other temptors are Ironman. And ALIEN. But this category is TOPS in my list! TOPS! No way these get cut.

Can't wait to see what is in store. Hopefully, a Two-Face too? What if they make a Scarecrow! That too! Bring them on! All of them!!!!! :rock

I don't think Hot Toys will do a re-issue of the BB suit, or, indeed, another version of it. I don't think Hot Toys has ever done a re-issue. Not like Takara or Medicom, so maybe they are different than other Asian producers, and have a similar stance as Sideshow. Which is a good thing imo. I don't think the 1/4 scale items will have much bearing on their 1/6th stuff either. So I expect to see the new suited Dark Knight figure, along with The Joker, to start things off. Then in a couple of weeks we'll get Ironman, then maybe next month Two Face and another DK figure. Gotta keep the potatoe Hot.

They did a rerelease of Supes so I don't know why they wouldn't. TDK is a perfect opportunity to do an improved re-release and call it TDK. It will be a TDK figure in the BB suit.

Anyway, I want the the new TDK suit Bats and Joker. If they do a Nurse Outfit Blister Joker I will pay WHATEVER it takes to get that.

The only thing that concerns me with a TDK suit figure is, will it be a standard cape style, or somehow functional like we've seen in the trailer, because while I think that will be cool on film, I just associate something like that with Hasbro Batman toys I had as a kid and I don't want to see it on the high end figures.

The only thing that concerns me with a TDK suit figure is, will it be a standard cape style, or somehow functional like we've seen in the trailer, because while I think that will be cool on film, I just associate something like that with Hasbro Batman toys I had as a kid and I don't want to see it on the high end figures.

Solution: 2 detachable capes. I just hope that giant, ugly backpack that houses the "batwings" isn't sculpted onto the suit.

I like the backpack and its function. It makes a lot more since to house the cape in a backpack, rather than drag it around (which could prove cumbersome in hand-to-hand combat). I think he looks pretty cool with it, especially when he gracefully dives off the building. :monkey3

Don't know how this would translate at 1:6 scale, though.

I like the backpack and its function. It makes a lot more since to house the cape in a backpack, rather than drag it around (which could prove cumbersome in hand-to-hand combat). I think he looks pretty cool with it, especially when he gracefully dives off the building. :monkey3

Don't know how this would translate at 1:6 scale, though.

That's the thing, it would be cool if we were going to flip him off couches and things around the house pretending he's leaping off the roofs of Gotham like 5 year olds, but not serving any function in a collectibles display, I think it would be kinda weak, I'd rather have a gracefully flowing cape. Whatever HT does for a Batman figure, I hope it's done such that I can use the Takara cape, I just love the way it flows and I don't imagine HT will do anything similar or better, but I'd love to be wronged on that score.

Back