Hot Toys - The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to figures.com (who got the exclusive photos) the Begins suit was redone.

Wooo! Now I can stop regretting having sold off my HT Batman (a while ago). This one is 100% better, hopefully.

Now about the Joker - I'm glad they went with the full, clean white face for this release. I prefer it over a dirtied up one, it's closer to the comics. But perhaps HT will give us a head with smudged make-up down the line. Or perhaps give us a second head, a la Cannibal Jack.

Was the inner lining of his coat always red? And I wish he was holding a knife in the pic instead of a card. It's just cooler.

For all the Joker skeptics... :D

DSCN4375.jpg

Nuff said. :rotfl

For all the Joker skeptics... :D

DSCN4375.jpg

Nuff said. :rotfl

I don't think it even comes down to that. Heath doesn't look like Heath in a lot of the scenes between the makeup and scarring. I think some figures just won't shy as looking like him from some angles and totally depended on the paint. I have faith in Yuli too though, great sculptor, Hot Toys' Trev. I'm sure this figure will be great.

That said, it'd be nice if they didn't go all Medicom and shoot him with his head tilted down so much. I'd love it SSC could sell these so we'd get a 360 Turnaround video.

Yes let my Joker show all you disbelievers! Its all in the paint, which Josh didn't fantastic on this figure.

Exactly...

What a decent repaint can do for a $10 figure.

Imagine a tweak/repaint to a 130 figure with a great sculpt IMO.

I'm getting tired of this pre-emptive naysaying quite frankly, no one has seen the hi res pics or this figure in hand. No one has seen an unpainted sculpt of it, etc. No one has seen the film in its entirety. How many times have we gone through this needless exhaustive exercise with SSC figs. SW, LOTR, etc.

Exactly...

What a decent repaint can do for a $10 figure.

Imagine a tweak/repaint to a 130 figure with a great sculpt IMO.

I'm getting tired of this pre-emptive naysaying quite frankly, no one has seen the hi res pics or this figure in hand. No one has seen an unpainted sculpt of it, etc. No one has seen the film in its entirety. How many times have we gone through this needless exhaustive exercise with SSC figs. SW, LOTR, etc.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I swear we just like to bash figures to death instead of praise them in the glory. Heck, just remember, these are better than NOTHING. Much better than DCD's slightly cheaper versions too!

Thank you Hot Toys....thank you Christopher Nolan.I will get both these figures.Thank you Yulli.Thank God they are doing the Begins suit again!

sweet!!! are those the pics of the hot toys 1/6? i got a bonero!! i think i really need to see the film first to really enjoy these figs. promo shots and quick scenes from a trailer arent enough to truly grasp what a character represents and therefore i think we'll all appreciate these figs 100x more after the film.

sweet!!! are those the pics of the hot toys 1/6? i got a bonero!! i think i really need to see the film first to really enjoy these figs. promo shots and quick scenes from a trailer arent enough to truly grasp what a character represents and therefore i think we'll all appreciate these figs 100x more after the film.

these figures look so cool already. i think after the film, when i go to look at the figures, i will explode.

With the official pics already ready.....not one site has preleaked these before Monday?

it would be totally cool if we got them within a month after the film while im still uber-excited. i think that might be wishful thinking. probably see em at christmas. maybe we'll get em at the same time as the dvd release.

it would be totally cool if we got them within a month after the film while im still uber-excited. i think that might be wishful thinking. probably see em at christmas. maybe we'll get em at the same time as the dvd release.

Crowinghorse, from figures.com mentioned that he anticipates them arriving in September.

Back