Hot Toys - The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say that Asian dealers will probably have these in September but US Retailers I'd bet don't get them until Octoberish maybe even later as we're seeing with other HT releases.

I'm not getting rid of my Takara Bats, I think it's still a great figure, it's not a great reflection of Begins but it is a great representation of Batman the character and the cape flows so elegantly, I'm really curious/anxious to see what the cape on the new HT Batman is like.

Yep, throw your low blows toward the Takara Batman. It's still awesome, and who knows how the new HT Bats will turn out. I'm more excited for the TDK suit. I'll probably pass the BB version.

OK Somebody had to do this, so it might as well be me.

Things wrong with Hot Toys' Joker:

1 Hardly any black around the eyes
2 Hair is too bright green, not enough brown/blonde
3 Lining in jacket is wrong color. Should be a shade of orange.
4 Needs more skin showing through make-up. None seems visable right now.
5 Tie's yellow specks aren't showing up enough.

And thats all I can nit pick from this pic.

Courtesy of batman717 (in another thread) and figures.com :rock :rock :rock

78dl8.jpg

hottoys05162006510x680iw6.jpg

I'm way late to the party -- but these look insane!!!!!

Love the Joker's orange inside sleeve design.

AMAZING! Pre-ordered for SURE!!!!

I'm happy/sad to see Hot Toys redo the Batman Begins. I'm happy because this Batman even from this one photo already looks 100x better and more accurate than their first HT Batman. I'm also thrilled to hear that the Begins suit is being redone on it as well since the first one looked chunky IMO.

I'm sad because I wish we could've just moved on from Batman Begins figures and got the Dark Knight outfit...plus my wallet is going to be crying again. Might have to throw my Takara figures out the door as well!

It is good to see Hot Toys do a re-do of the Begins suit.

Joker looks awesome, I have a tough time seeing Ledger but considering his death and such perhaps they aren't giving out rights to use his direct likeness? I don't know. Fantastic figure though!

OK Somebody had to do this, so it might as well be me.

Things wrong with Hot Toys' Joker:

1 Hardly any black around the eyes
2 Hair is too bright green, not enough brown/blonde
3 Lining in jacket is wrong color. Should be a shade of orange.
4 Needs more skin showing through make-up. None seems visable right now.
5 Tie's yellow specks aren't showing up enough.

And thats all I can nit pick from this pic.

1- Agreed

2- Sort of agree, some clips from the trailer it's quite green others there is a strong mix. I'm fine with what's showing though.

3- Haven't seen any photos to know what's right or wrong.

4- Agreed, I haven't see one image of him where the makeup covers him 100% and it's not like it's something out of HT's capability, but there is the chance for multiple heads with this figure or other figures, so they may have not done it on this with intent.

5- Again, haven't noticed this to comment.

And as far as the likeness comments, I think it is there, but A) the makeup isn't like Heath's, and B) there is VERY flat lighting on this, with the white paint, you don't really see shape to his nose or anything. A properly lit shot would better show off the sculpt. Do I have to fly to HT and shoot this for them :D

i'll just feel much better once i have both these figures pre-ordered... i'm so afraid that i'll miss out, that one day it will go on sale and I won't be at my computer for those 5 minutes, and poof... sold out.

that's it, i'm wearing a diaper, and am going to sit at my computer, and not eat, drink or sleep.

Back