Hot Toys - The Joker 1989 - Jack Nicholson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think we're on the same page. I do web sites for my company, and design is the same way. "Make it blue, no red...no orange. No, I think blue was better after all."

We're not talking about the "eh, hat brim could be a little wider but I'm still buying" stuff. I could give two ____s or a ____ about that stuff. We're talking about the "Smile is .000001mm lower than it should be, the eyebrow hairs are simply not sculpted accurate and that pore should be fractionally higher in comparison to this photoshopped screenshot!" and then they go and make a photoshop that basically looks identical. Or the trolling idiots who come in claiming it looks absolutely nothing like the subject.

This. :lecture:lecture:lecture

icvsc.gif

thicken the eyebrow paint apps a bit. Jack had his own eyebrows painted over green so there was more hair there.

I've found this figure to be the most constructive in criticisms of any recent release actually. Evidently the tolerance for anything short of expressions of love have been exhausted everywhere else. If you step back and look at it, so far, Joker's getting a really warm reception.

Constructive and blatant criticisms i get and encourage, it's stuff like this eyebrow comment that make me think, are you people ____ing serious lol

Constructive and blatant criticisms i get and encourage, it's stuff like this eyebrow comment that make me think, are you people ____ing serious lol

You're the one with the power to tell them to stop, or take it to a group. :tap

And it's not one-sided because if a Freak kept talking about how happy he was and how he'd be fapping all over the figure when it arrived, I'd be equally disgusted. :lol

All I ask is that they fix the pants colors and pattern. I think that's the weakest part of the figure.

1316393181_photobucket_73478_.jpg

:lol I have no ____ing clue what is wrong with either the hat or the pants.

The short hat in a way made me think of this... like a weird dance is about to happen.

MV5BMTI0MTEyMzEwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDA5OTk2._V1._SX357_SY432_.jpg

It looks the same to me aswell. I dont see what the problem with the hat is either.

It looks the same to me aswell. I dont see what the problem with the hat is either.

I can see the difference in the hat with the pics. It could be the angle of the pics but no means a big deal. The pants, I have zero clue to the problem. Dang thing looks 90 - 95% accurate which works for me....:dunno

The black part is darker and more pronounced in the 1:1 pants that Jack wore.

You can always find some thing to _____ bout, but guys, this is in 1:6 scale:lol 2 years ago you cant even imagine getting this sort of detailed figures and now you gonna complain bout the pattern of the outfit or the knot on the ties?

Like what darkseed said, its almost 95% accurate, I can live with it.

First off, I'm an 89 Batman nut so I could pick this thing apart like anybody who's a big fan of something. That's why I haven't said much in this thread. :lol

Second the pants pattern is off. Not a big deal as mentioned. 95% there? Not really but we all see different things. It's not complaining it's just a simple observation.

All I know is that I have a pair of custom 1:6 Joker pants that are nearly spot on. Much closer than HT's right now. I bet they change a lot of things on this before it ships and it wouldn't surprise me if the pants are one of those things.

The sculpt is an absolute work of art. :bow

I think I see what it is now, I don't think the lips of the hat are too short it's just whoever displayed it has the hat sitting high and angled upwards is all to show off the sculpt. Hence the illusion it's got small lips.

The black part is darker and more pronounced in the 1:1 pants that Jack wore.

It's just the bright showroom lighting at the show thats bleaching the shot for the camera or just the camera settings. If you put any figure in bright sunlight it'll look bleached and lose the contrast, thats all.

1316393181photobucket73.jpg
jokerrittssmall2jw4.jpg

Im0 clothes look just great and I don't want them to change a ___t in it.
But again the main problem I see is the body proportions - too thin.
Hat is da second... and dats all.

Although I can forgive it all for some terrific laughing sculpt :pray:

I think I see what it is now, I don't think the lips of the hat are too short it's just whoever displayed it has the hat sitting high and angled upwards is all to show off the sculpt. Hence the illusion it's got small lips.

It's just the bright showroom lighting at the show thats bleaching the shot for the camera or just the camera settings. If you put any figure in bright sunlight it'll look bleached and lose the contrast, thats all.

1316393181photobucket73.jpg
jokerrittssmall2jw4.jpg

I didn't get that bit about "small lips" but totally agree about the color being bleached by the lighting.

Yeah, the colors are definitely hard to judge unless in hand. HT's still seemed a bit bright to me but it's probably the lighting as mentioned. The pattern however is not affected by light and is something I noticed is off. Not a deal breaker for such an awesome figure, though.

Dang. When did we have to get so apologetic in the wording of our critiques on this forum? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back