Hot Toys - The Joker 1989 - Jack Nicholson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we confirm if the trench coat flower, will in fact come with real metal eating acid?

We're not talking about the "eh, hat brim could be a little wider but I'm still buying" stuff. I could give two ____s or a ____ about that stuff. We're talking about the "Smile is .000001mm lower than it should be, the eyebrow hairs are simply not sculpted accurate and that pore should be fractionally higher in comparison to this photoshopped screenshot!" and then they go and make a photoshop that basically looks identical. Or the trolling idiots who come in claiming it looks absolutely nothing like the subject. :lol

In my experience as a graphic artist, more often than not, when you listen to all these types of critique and apply them to the piece more often than not, while you epitomized a single person's perspective, you've actually worked it further away from where it should be, than before you started making the changes suggested by the certain individual. There will NEVER be absolute perfection in life, and in cases like this, good enough is just that.

This is the way I feel about a lot of HT figures. There is not one HT figure that is 100% accurate, its impossible. Unless you literally shink the person and throw him in an HT box. This figure is awesome and I dont think he could have turned out much better. If I had a gripe I guess Id say the hat needs widening, I noticed that when I first saw it. But if they didnt change it _____* it!!! Id be just as happy with it if they kept it just the way it is. This is a pretty kick ass figure.

This is the way I feel about a lot of HT figures. There is not one HT figure that is 100% accurate, its impossible. Unless you literally shink the person and throw him in an HT box. This figure is awesome and I dont think he could have turned out much better. If I had a gripe I guess Id say the hat needs widening, I noticed that when I first saw it. But if they didnt change it _____* it!!! Id be just as happy with it if they kept it just the way it is. This is a pretty kick ass figure.

Yes to that. And I'd probably just pose it without the hat. Problem solved.

We're not talking about the "eh, hat brim could be a little wider but I'm still buying" stuff. I could give two ____s or a ____ about that stuff. We're talking about the "Smile is .000001mm lower than it should be, the eyebrow hairs are simply not sculpted accurate and that pore should be fractionally higher in comparison to this photoshopped screenshot!" and then they go and make a photoshop that basically looks identical. Or the trolling idiots who come in claiming it looks absolutely nothing like the subject. :lol

In my experience as a graphic artist, more often than not, when you listen to all these types of critique and apply them to the piece more often than not, while you epitomized a single person's perspective, you've actually worked it further away from where it should be, than before you started making the changes suggested by the certain individual. There will NEVER be absolute perfection in life, and in cases like this, good enough is just that.

That's some heavy ____ nam.
Smoke-Bush.gif

Let's put that to some music!
images-1.jpg

Thread topic alert:
Jack looks about 75% finished (which btw is the actual percentage i put buyers who buy this stuff and look at or participate in forum's pertaining to said collectible at..they don't get it from Sear's Roebuck catalog that for damn sure), the body, neck, hat, and base need tweaked.:horror

I find it amusing that for probably the first time I've seen, the discussion has focused more on those who nitpick than actually nitpicking. It's as if even in the absence of copious nitpicking, there must be complaint of nitpicking for things to be in harmony. Makes me chuckle. :)

Coco, does HT's hat look to you like the lip will be poseable just so that it can be given that little mob wave to it.

You know what I'm talking about.

Do you think that's what possibly throwing it off for you, that the brim is flat.

Man, I sure hope that Nam and Mike are sleeping already :lol

They obviously weren't asleep but I was. :lol
Looks to be a type of flexible material to me. No, the brim is a little small on the hat for sure. The touched up photo shows how the hat should look.

I will also rather have the church lady hat, like Coco.

Oh and I looked at this figure in person and yes, the color/pattern needs to be improved (yes, IMO). And yes, I bet they change a lot of things before release.

Thanks for the confirmation on that. Always hard to tell by just a few photos. I agree, HT is good about making those little adjustments. There's no telling whether this figure is closer to a prototype or a final version.

Now back to a few more pages of nitpicking of the nitpickers. :D

I find it amusing that for probably the first time I've seen, the discussion has focused more on those who nitpick than actually nitpicking. It's as if even in the absence of copious nitpicking, there must be complaint of nitpicking for things to be in harmony. Makes me chuckle. :)

I recall the same thing happening in the T1 T-800 thread at the beginning - a whole lot of preemptive anti-whining. When the thread was still small enough to actually search through page after page no one was actually complaining about anything on the figure. The feeling was overwhelmingly positive and the only thing bringing it down if you ask me was people complaining about phantom nitpickers. Of course there is undoubtedly nitpickers on the forums, I've been called one myself, just they weren't actually present in that thread at that time.

So everybody is happy with the skinny neck, body and hat?

Ok, i'll take it in the ass. Looks great!:hi5::thud::clap:panic::yess::1-1:

Fuuuu..not really though.:dunno

It needs a fuller body, neck and hat. Simple ____.:moon:monkey1

I don't think anyone's coming down on people for commenting on the neck or body proportions or the hat, even to the more casual fans those jump out. It's the really fine detail stuff like his eyebrows are a milimeter too thin or his smile is just a bit too wide or his tie is teal #3 instead of #4. Also, i would say those really fine criticisma only really become annoying if they're presented with the snobby, how dare anyone try to sell that to me, they have to be utter morons to mess this up, entitlement attitude.

Attitude is really the key to me, i only get pissed when people talk like ungrateful brats.

I can spot flaws and discuss them as much as anyone, and i like to think that most times it's in a mature, intelligent manner. I just hate people that act like they're entitled to everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back