Hot Toys - The Joker 1989 - Jack Nicholson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone's coming down on people for commenting on the neck or body proportions or the hat, even to the more casual fans those jump out. It's the really fine detail stuff like his eyebrows are a milimeter too thin or his smile is just a bit too wide or his tie is teal #3 instead of #4. Also, i would say those really fine criticisma only really become annoying if they're presented with the snobby, how dare anyone try to sell that to me, they have to be utter morons to mess this up, entitlement attitude.

Attitude is really the key to me, i only get pissed when people talk like ungrateful brats.

I can spot flaws and discuss them as much as anyone, and i like to think that most times it's in a mature, intelligent manner. I just hate people that act like they're entitled to everything.

I'm with you on that - :lecture

I don't think anyone's coming down on people for commenting on the neck or body proportions or the hat, even to the more casual fans those jump out. It's the really fine detail stuff like his eyebrows are a milimeter too thin or his smile is just a bit too wide or his tie is teal #3 instead of #4. Also, i would say those really fine criticisma only really become annoying if they're presented with the snobby, how dare anyone try to sell that to me, they have to be utter morons to mess this up, entitlement attitude.

Attitude is really the key to me, i only get pissed when people talk like ungrateful brats.

I can spot flaws and discuss them as much as anyone, and i like to think that most times it's in a mature, intelligent manner. I just hate people that act like they're entitled to everything.

:goodpost:

Here is a gentleman that understands the meaning of "entitlement". :)

Here here. :goodpost:

:dunno :lol

Honestly to me '89 Batman is outdated and kind of goofy to me. Especially compared to the new Batman movies. I know alot of you do and don't agree and I'm not up here to derail this thread or start a debate. I just wanted to say that because I grew up with this Batman movie, I will be getting this and Keaton. I still have the vhs from when I was a child and I drew on the cover with marker and got yelled at for it :lol These guys are an acception to me.

Honestly to me '89 Batman is outdated and kind of goofy to me. Especially compared to the new Batman movies. I know alot of you do and don't agree and I'm not up here to derail this thread or start a debate. I just wanted to say that because I grew up with this Batman movie, I will be getting this and Keaton. I still have the vhs from when I was a child and I drew on the cover with marker and got yelled at for it :lol These guys are an acception to me.

I agree. Looking at aesthetics and practicality, the TDK new suit is 1000x more practical. Burton's was never intended to be though as the whole film had a stylistic approach vs. Nolan's "realistic" approach. Add that to the nostalgic plucking of heart strings and it's a goddam must! :lol

That's life though. Everything that was once new and great will look old and dated. Very few things have a timeless look.

I always did wonder why in the early/mid 90's the 89 Batman film was so dark. To hide any flaws. It was nearly like the Doom3 game, the film was so black on CRT TV's. You could only really watch it at night. Couldn't see a damn thing in it during the day, unless it was a daytime scene.

Strangely enough Returns was a lot brighter than the 89 film. Probably because the suit was better. 89 Biker Batman.

I like the atmosphere in 89 better than Returns and i like the rough qualities of the 89 suit over the Returns.

IMG_0478.jpg

After watching this last night, the color and pattern of the pants is pretty damn close to the real version. My only criticism is that he looks a little thinner than Nicholson did in the movie. but other than that it's a work of art and will most likely look even better in hand, just like most of HTs do.

After watching this last night, the color and pattern of the pants is pretty damn close to the real version. My only criticism is that he looks a little thinner than Nicholson did in the movie. but other than that it's a work of art and will most likely look even better in hand, just like most of HTs do.

The pattern is off more than the color. The teal/blue squares on the movie pants are the same size as the pinkish ones in the movie. On the figure, they're more like smaller rectangles, which do more framing of the pink squares than alternating with them at equal sizes. And, there's some purple tone in there that's missing.

They're close enough, people looking in your detolf won't likely notice. But, comparing them with a movie photo, it's not too hard to see the pattern isn't the same. I'd be surprised if HT doesn't fix them, and if they don't, I don't know that I care all that much. They're wrong yes, but is it critical to the figure?

unled17o.png

Last edited:
The pattern is off more than the color. The teal/blue squares on the movie pants are the same size as the pinkish ones in the movie. On the figure, they're more like smaller rectangles, which do more framing of the pink squares than alternating with them at equal sizes. And, there's some purple tone in there that's missing.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44DCWslbsNM"]‪As OCD as it Gets‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Give me a break. Did I say I was not buying it over the pants? Did I not question if it's worth worrying about? Did I not say nobody is likely to notice? The pattern is wrong. That's a fact. I don't care, you don't care clearly. Others might. But all that doesn't matter. IT IS WRONG. I think we can at least admit that regardless of if we care or not. Nobody appointed you the OCD police, and if simply stating something is off on a figure constitutes that, you're welcome to put me on ignore.

Give me a break. Did I say I was not buying it over the pants? Did I not question if it's worth worrying about? Did I not say nobody is likely to notice? The pattern is wrong. That's a fact. I don't care, you don't care clearly. Others might. But all that doesn't matter. IT IS WRONG. I think we can at least admit that regardless of if we care or not. Nobody appointed you the OCD police, and if simply stating something is off on a figure constitutes that, you're welcome to put me on ignore.

I forgot to post the ":nana:" underneath. :(

I agree. Looking at aesthetics and practicality, the TDK new suit is 1000x more practical. Burton's was never intended to be though as the whole film had a stylistic approach vs. Nolan's "realistic" approach. Add that to the nostalgic plucking of heart strings and it's a goddam must! :lol

:exactly: :hi5: you gotta love it for it's flaws. :lecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back