HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS Friday Aug 12, 10 am (Pacifi

Yeah, but Sideshow didn't have to place this figure on a PPO, if they were going to have it for normal sale. It was all just a ploy to hype this figure up to the stratosphere so that more people would buy it.

I'm not even going to pay attention the next time when Sideshow decides to place another Hot Toys figure on PPO. I'll just sleep it off, and get it till the next day when I feel like it :lol.

But look at iron man secret project....it was sold out like half an hour later. You can' count on exclusives to be readily available from now on.

Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS Friday Aug 12, 10 am (Pacifi

Was it just me, or was everyone else experiencing major site slowdown here today? It was worse than the first day of SDCC when everyone and their mother apparently decided to log-on here to find out what new figures were being shown.

I guess all those folks will be back when the PPO for Joker 3.0 or whatever comes up.

I had no problems today at around 5:40 pm.

:lol I have this piece in a box of random accessories from various figures.

That's badass!

Whoa.....

Taking a day off work is NEVER a bad idea. :lecture

:exactly: :goodpost:

But look at iron man secret project....it was sold out like half an hour later. You can' count on exclusives to be readily available from now on.

I got on the waitlist for IM secret project and it converted pretty quickly....was gonna roll the dice again for this one, but I'm glad I didn't have to.

Its the fact that they were crying wolf with this release like it was going to be so limited like the MKIV Secret Project. As a result people that wanted it had to either get off work early or stressed over the PPO when it was a regular PO with PLENTY to go around.

A fact? When did they say this? I missed that part.

Does HT ever announce edition size? Limited edition of ?

Yes, the 10th anniversary figures were "limited" to 4,000 each :rolleyes2

Yeah, but Sideshow didn't have to place this figure on a PPO, if they were going to have it for normal sale. It was all just a ploy to hype this figure up to the stratosphere so that more people would buy it.

I'm not even going to pay attention the next time when Sideshow decides to place another Hot Toys figure on PPO. I'll just sleep it off, and get it till the next day when I feel like it :lol.

I think you are forgetting something. What if they DID just offer this figure up for regular sale at a certain time, like with the launch of the newsletter. Chances are that the site might have crashed even worse without the PPO.
Did Sideshow ever say how many of these would be available? Did they say that they would be extremely limited compared to other figures? I think that a lot of us, including myself, ASSUMED that they would have very few for sale and therefore they crashed the site.

Sideshow could have said that there were a lot available, but how much is THAT? Even if they gave a number, there is no way to really know what the demand would be versus the supply. If Sideshow says they have a tremendous amount and they sell out, people would be a lot more upset than you are about getting up early when you did not need to.

Sideshow had a very good day today at the office. $$$

Dawn, was especially courteous and pleasant on the phone.

We, as collectors, on a Sideshow sponsored web-site, should collectively thank Sideshow for distributing these along with the other great collectibles that they offer.

Again, a good day for Sideshow, means many good days for us, who in the future can rely on good customer service.

:clap

I think it was the idiots here who hyped the figure more than anything, not Sideshow. Looking forward to your 200 _____ing posts about missing it and having to pay flipper prices on ebay. :yess:

Sorry to disappoint you, nam, but you get nothing! :yess:

Namzilla coming thru, just finished with a thread :lol

picture.php

I think you are forgetting something. What if they DID just offer this figure up for regular sale at a certain time, like with the launch of the newsletter. Chances are that the site might have crashed even worse without the PPO.
Did Sideshow ever say how many of these would be available? Did they say that they would be extremely limited compared to other figures? I think that a lot of us, including myself, ASSUMED that they would have very few for sale and therefore they crashed the site.

Sideshow could have said that there were a lot available, but how much is THAT? Even if they gave a number, there is no way to really know what the demand would be versus the supply. If Sideshow says they have a tremendous amount and they sell out, people would be a lot more upset than you are about getting up early when you did not need to.

Well, it's about 12 hours now since the figure's been on "normal" order, and it hasn't sold out as yet. So, everyone who wanted one, managed to place an order successfully, and there's still more available for the next day. I still don't believe that it required a PPO. But, interesting points all around. Maybe Sideshow did do a PPO in order to control their site traffic, so it wouldn't be bogged down with a surge of orders for the whole day.

If Nam is Godzilla, then he's this version:

40296648.jpg

We, as collectors, on a Sideshow sponsored web-site, should collectively thank Sideshow for distributing these along with the other great collectibles that they offer.
Did the Josh create a second member account? :nono

Holy crap do people friggin compain alot in the DC section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back