Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way the helmet is flaired out in those pics above still looks off, its something i always notice on my ROTS version and really the flat black mask as one solid piece with no lenses hurts the Medicom figure as well.

There are things about the SS Vader i like and then some about the Medicom so, we are all still ****ed at the end of the day when it comes to getting a accurate Vader.

The way the helmet is flaired out in those pics above still looks off, its something i always notice on my ROTS version and really the flat black mask as one solid piece with no lenses hurts the Medicom figure as well.

There are things about the SS Vader i like and then some about the Medicom so, we are all still ****ed at the end of the day when it comes to getting a accurate Vader.

The lenses arent seperate like Sideshows? That sucks!

The lenses arent seperate like Sideshows? That sucks!

He is referencing a 5 year old figure. Let's see this guy "in hand" before the jump to conclusions mat comes out.

The SS Vader looks retarded. The helmet is ridiculous and not right at all. My bad,...isn't the "helmet" the most iconic part of Vader from all the promos in the 70's and 80's??

Haters will hate while plenty appreciate...

There is no possible way SS makes a higher quality, better built Vader than this one with their next release......period.

The voice feature on this is being severely under valued at the moment for the gravity it actually adds. The audio seems to be of uncanny quality.

I agree the chest lights should glow too for $300

He is referencing a 5 year old figure. Let's see this guy "in hand" before the jump to conclusions mat comes out.

The SS Vader looks retarded. The helmet is ridiculous and not right at all. My bad,...isn't the "helmet" the most iconic part of Vader from all the promos in the 70's and 80's??

There is no possible way SS makes a higher quality, better built Vader than this one with their next release......period.

The voice feature on this is being severely under valued at the moment for the gravity it actually adds. The audio seems to be of uncanny quality.

Do you own one? Would love more pics. I'm considering getting him and adding half an inch in length and padding him up!

Do you own one? Would love more pics. I'm considering getting him and adding half an inch in length and padding him up!

Not yet,...I am parallel with you on that thought currently....

Just want a single in hand review.....

I can appreciate both Medicom and SSC take on this character, though neither one is the definitive 1/6th Vader.

You can go back and forth all day, same goes for Boba Fett but, nobody has done a super accurate version of both these characters so far, lets just be happy we have options.

I can appreciate both Medicom and SSC take on this character, though neither one is the definitive 1/6th Vader.

You can go back and forth all day, same goes for Boba Fett but, nobody has done a super accurate version of both these characters so far, lets just be happy we have options.

Fair points. Want this in hand.. just to judge it before I purchase.

SS may not have aced it in version 1 but I'd take take that anytime compared to medi. SS with a repositioned dome plus the custom cape wins over juvenile medi vader.

SS may not have aced it in version 1 but I'd take take that anytime compared to medi. SS with a repositioned dome plus the custom cape wins over juvenile medi vader.

I'm going out on a limb you weren't born before 1985

I'm going out on a limb you weren't born before 1985
Hm, not sure what age has to do with it. For the record, I was born before '85 and agree with chRD. The Medi looks really nice in a lot of ways and I like the overall fit and finish but for me it does not capture Vader's menace. The face looks too round, scrunched-up and kinda toy-like/cute (also, not a fan of voice chips... not something I'd ever use).

That's not to say that the SS version is a home-run. It's got it's problems and is a pass for me, too (though some of the modded ones I've seen do a *lot* to improve it). We'll see how SSC's second attempt goes.

As an example, compare Gino's 1:1 Vader to Medicom's iteration...

thumb9.jpg

IMGP4449.JPG

Yeah, not really a fair comparison but it illustrates, for me, anyway, how far this Medicom is from the intimidating menace of Darth Vader.

Last edited:
548185_10151089082267429_2049488778_n.jpg

Got mine, here's a height comparison with DX TDK Bats.

That's pretty good, considering he's taller than Bat's ears, and the Batman DX02 has a neck that's about 0.7 mm too tall. His shoulders seem to reach higher too. And Bale is about 1.88 tall. I believe Vader was about 2,05 meters?

Back