Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, not sure what age has to do with it. For the record, I was born before '85 and agree with chRD. The Medi looks really nice in a lot of ways and I like the overall fit and finish but for me it does not capture Vader's menace. The face looks too round, scrunched-up and kinda toy-like/cute (also, not a fan of voice chips... not something I'd ever use).

That's not to say that the SS version is a home-run. It's got it's problems and is a pass for me, too (though some of the modded ones I've seen do a *lot* to improve it). We'll see how SSC's second attempt goes.

As an example, compare Gino's 1:1 Vader to Medicom's iteration...

thumb9.jpg

IMGP4449.JPG

Yeah, not really a fair comparison but it illustrates, for me, anyway, how far this Medicom is from the intimidating menace of Darth Vader.

All I can think of when I see this last pic;

Yeah that's the jerk who took my lightsaber Paw! Let's get him!!

:monkey3

Haha, same. Yeah, he looks decidedly unintimidating and like a kid in a costume. How anyone can get a 'badass' vibe from the Medi... I'm just not feeling it.

Medi Vader is retardedly fake looking. Hope the new talking overpriced light up one looks better. :lol

Haha, same. Yeah, he looks decidedly unintimidating and like a kid in a costume. How anyone can get a 'badass' vibe from the Medi... I'm just not feeling it.

Interesting , seeing as nobody is going to pose him next to a SS Vader. This is a pointless topic. He is tall enough,...the materials used and the accuracy are better hands down.

It appears many of you will be SS loyalists regardless of the product.

The only attack you can make which is tired is the height of the product.

Sounds like many of you have size insecurities.

...Sounds like many of you have size insecurities.
Lol, you're the only one accusing anyone of having a bunch of problems/insecurities, so maybe you're projecting? :p

Whatever, man, if you like the Medi, cool. Shouldn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. As I said above, the Medi has a lot going for it in regards to overall polish. Regardless, the figure is still lacking, IMO, and not just because of height. He has none of Darth Vader's bulk or presence. As I said, to me, that looks like a teenager in a costume. Just look at the arms... they're like toothpicks. Prowse was a body builder and this simply doesn't reflect his frame at all. I agree, though, kind of pointless to keep going over it. :peace

Interesting , seeing as nobody is going to pose him next to a SS Vader. This is a pointless topic. He is tall enough,...the materials used and the accuracy are better hands down.

Says the crybaby who defends everything medi. :stick

Anyone saying this version is worse than Sideshow in the sculpting department has another view of Vader I have.

Anyone saying Sideshow's version is better build than Medi's has the same view I have.

I really think padding and increasing the 2.0s height slightly is the key to getting the best vader we can at this point, if you don't, he looks too scrawny. Well, the best one untill HT comes around.

Is it a congenital defect that causes you to be an a nus every time you post?

Is it your looks or your weight that has kept you from being bare naked with a girl since 1974?

Most of us were wanting more details on this guy and to see an in hand review.

Nobody cares about the SS comparison that is actually interested in this guy.

So troll somewhere else cool guy. :nana:

Is it your looks or your weight that has kept you from being bare naked with a girl since 1974?

I would like to see a good height comparison from the guy that posted the batman/vader video, but he/she isnt responding to PM's.

Why would you need that? you already proclaimed this to be the best Vader, and you call Devil a troll? :lol

Why would you need that? you already proclaimed this to be the best Vader, and you call Devil a troll? :lol

Well, in his defence, I think Medicom's previous scrawny Vaders did look better on pictures than Sideshows, finish wise and sculpting wise that is. Scale obviously not. But considering their RotJ vader is quite old, and on par with Sideshow's newer vader..

Medicom's paint apps and tailoring is better in general. And it should be with the price tag. So if this Vader is indeed better in proportion, it's no stretch to call it the best available. :)

Well, in his defence, I think Medicom's previous scrawny Vaders did look better on pictures than Sideshows, finish wise and sculpting wise that is. Scale obviously not. But considering their RotJ vader is quite old, and on par with Sideshow's newer vader..

Medicom's paint apps and tailoring is better in general. And it should be with the price tag. So if this Vader is indeed better in proportion, it's no stretch to call it the best available. :)

Thats your opinion. I don't see much difference in the weirdly plasticy finish medi does to make it look worth a HT pricetag. And if you're going to compare the newer to newer, which is fair, then people should wait until its in hand to give their half assed opinions. Anyone that proclaims something as being "superior" without even having it, doesn't really have an opinion worth noting, tbh.
Doesn't really help his case of not trolling when he makes statements about people just being SS loyalists, when that makes him look like a paranoid idiot.

Thats your opinion. I don't see much difference in the weirdly plasticy finish medi does to make it look worth a HT pricetag. And if you're going to compare the newer to newer, which is fair, then people should wait until its in hand to give their half assed opinions. Anyone that proclaims something as being "superior" without even having it, doesn't really have an opinion worth noting, tbh.
Doesn't really help his case of not trolling when he makes statements about people just being SS loyalists, when that makes him look like a paranoid idiot.

I said "in his defence" because it's like all of you vs him. I'm not saying Medicom is worth the pricetag. I'm also not saying Sideshow is though.

And really, if you compare tailoring in the Sideshow and Medicom figures, it's not really opinion which one is superior. Paint apps are generally better too IMO.

Darth Maul, Jedi Luke, Han Solo all have better tailoring than Sideshow. Does it make them worth their price? Not at all IMO. But credit where it's due, from what I've seen so far from the new Medi, I'm impressed. I've never owned a Medi figure besides Boba, so scale at this moment is the only thing holding me back. 200$ is not something to easily cough up in my situation, so I just want the best available, and I don't think Sideshow's new one will trump this, I just don't. :(

Niltusk has spoken,....so let it be said, so let it be done.

Paranoid idiot? Lol,....you got me man.

Good thing you are around to pass out the labels on who is who and what means what big guy. :lol

Niltusk has spoken,....so let it be said, so let it be done.

Paranoid idiot? Lol,....you got me man.

Niltusk with over 2000 posts since last Nov??

Do you have a job? A wife or a life dude?Of the three we know you have no life at least....

Good luck with your online dating ventures player.
Good thing you are around to pass out the labels on who is who and what means what big guy. :lol

Add hypocrite to your label.

Does it make you cry that I have time to post when I'm at work or when I'm at home? It is Friday and I've got 4 days off. Must bite that you have to be on your knees all week to pay your bills and I only work a few, or are you just on a pay as you go intenet plan?
Sucks to be you. :wave

I said "in his defence" because it's like all of you vs him. I'm not saying Medicom is worth the pricetag. I'm also not saying Sideshow is though.

If he was being ganged up on, its probably because of his sweeping statements. Trying to discount everyones statement that disagrees with you by calling them "loyalists" to other companies isn't generally a way to get a good debate going. It is a great way to insult everyone who is opposed to his opinion in one fell swoop though and if you insult multiple people then, hmmm, it may seem like you're being grouped on.

To the topic at hand and what you're saying, if this Vader is correctly proportioned and was better than anything previous, I still think 300 bucks is a ridiculous price point. Glad my 300 is going on HT Luke, to those buying this, hope hes everything you dreamed of. :lol

Back