Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made up my mind, will probably give in to this Vader. After seeing how Sideshow handled Fett, which IMO compared to Medicom in Medicom's favor. With armored figures like this it's all about the sculpt IMO. And Sideshow seems to lack in that department lately.

There are things about the SS Vader i like and then some about the Medicom so, we are all still ****ed at the end of the day when it comes to getting a accurate Vader.

Yup. However, looking at this picture...

IMGP4449.JPG

...my 1974 birth date has no question as to which one is cooler. Drop that dome on Sideshow's down a few millimeters, and I have no issues at all.

That's pretty good, considering he's taller than Bat's ears, and the Batman DX02 has a neck that's about 0.7 mm too tall. His shoulders seem to reach higher too. And Bale is about 1.88 tall. I believe Vader was about 2,05 meters?
Bale is 1,83 so this Vader is dwarfy almost like the previous one (that I have and appreciate if exposed alone).

Medi 2.0 Vader comparison I found online.

IMGP4449.JPG

IMGP4387.JPG

IMGP4439.JPG

IMGP4375.JPG

IMGP4371.JPG

Conclusion:

Medicom is CLEARLY the better figure IMO.

Sideshow still oversized.

Medicom still undersized.

Better materials IMO, especially the groin. Hate that they didn't presculpt some hands though, instead of the 2 part gloves. Unless that accurate? :lol

It's like seeing Dave Prowse next to Hayden Christiansen.

I had the 1st medicom version of the ROTJ Vader and loved it for a time. It is a great stand alone piece and has a lot of great attributes and accuracies.

I tried to modify it when I realized it needed to be much taller and more "beefy" to no avail. The helmet when compared even to other medicom figures still seemed small. The accuracies were fantastic and I still think Medi has SS on the sculpt. It's just the scale that needs adjusting. When I look at my Medicom Jedi Luke next to the Medi Vader and see you wouldn't be able to fit his head inside the Vader helmet something is definitely wrong. I reside the height and beefed him up but he just looked like a kid on stilts.

SS doesn't quite hit the mark either. I got one because I was tired of modifying the Medi with no satisfaction. When it came I was blown away. I knew about the dome and over height but I really liked the quality of the suit and accessories. I did the hasbro dome swap and the height mod and now I have him where I want him. I still think its a bit too beefy and over sized but it's a much more menacing representation of Vader over the Medi.

If we could get something from Hot Toys that was sculpted accurately and sized right in between these two I think we would have the best Vader ever. Till then I'll stick with my inaccurate, oversized, Menacing, SS Vader.

I had the 1st medicom version of the ROTJ Vader and loved it for a time. It is a great stand alone piece and has a lot of great attributes and accuracies.

I tried to modify it when I realized it needed to be much taller and more "beefy" to no avail. The helmet when compared even to other medicom figures still seemed small. The accuracies were fantastic and I still think Medi has SS on the sculpt. It's just the scale that needs adjusting. When I look at my Medicom Jedi Luke next to the Medi Vader and see you wouldn't be able to fit his head inside the Vader helmet something is definitely wrong. I reside the height and beefed him up but he just looked like a kid on stilts.

SS doesn't quite hit the mark either. I got one because I was tired of modifying the Medi with no satisfaction. When it came I was blown away. I knew about the dome and over height but I really liked the quality of the suit and accessories. I did the hasbro dome swap and the height mod and now I have him where I want him. I still think its a bit too beefy and over sized but it's a much more menacing representation of Vader over the Medi.

If we could get something from Hot Toys that was sculpted accurately and sized right in between these two I think we would have the best Vader ever. Till then I'll stick with my inaccurate, oversized, Menacing, SS Vader.

Keep in mind this one should be 32 CM instead of 30 CM. Which in 1/6's scale would be quite something. IF Sideshow's spec's are correct that is.

I'm hoping those specs right too. If its that good ill pick one up. But Vader was 6 foot 7 inches tall with boots and helmet. Prowse was 6 foot 4 inches barefoot. So this should come in at 33.02 cm tall to be accurate.

I guess you could modify the height and and beef him up a bit. Hell I performed serious surgery on both of mine so it's not out of the question. The real questions are, Are the helmet and costume sized properly justifying the height mod?

I'm hoping those specs right too. If its that good ill pick one up. But Vader was 6 foot 7 inches tall with boots and helmet. Prowse was 6 foot 4 inches barefoot. So this should come in at 33.02 cm tall to be accurate.

I guess you could modify the height and and beef him up a bit. Hell I performed serious surgery on both of mine so it's not out of the question. The real questions are, Are the helmet and costume sized properly justifying the height mod?

Well, IMO if you would just give him an extra half a CM in the thigs, and an extra half CM in the stomach department, he SHOULD be perfect, but that's ONLY if he actually IS 32 cm's tall. I think he is, considering he's as tall as Batman DX02 including his ears and giraffe neck.
So he SHOULD be pretty cool. Will order this soon as I get some cash. Going to London tuesday so I'm saving atm.

rvhpts.jpg

Maybe not everyone is using these extenders shown in this picture? Seems to be quite a bit of length in it.

This is what it said after I threw it in the translator:
"Biggest Gou is insufficient height, this has a solution."

..... Beginning to doubt my translator.

"Head comes says, a battle of the heroes this subway powder found no reason not to, and who I push sales.
This is a 12 inch how much is not cheap, but is not particularly expensive kinds of, metal at high prices, production 卻 quite sophisticated, Hobby telephone is worth a try."

Chinese people talk like Yoda it seems.

Anyway, what I can make out of it, it's expensive, but not particularly expensive, and quite sophisticated. :lol

Actually I was wrong. 1/6 scale translates to 13.16 inches which is 33.42 cm.

Honestly, I'd settle for 33 cm's. I'd rather have his slightly undersized rather than oversized. Sideshows Vader looks rediculously large IMO. I worry about padding him mostly, not sure if his leather outfit would allow it.

Wish someone could confirm him being 32 cm FFS.

Honestly, I'd settle for 33 cm's. I'd rather have his slightly undersized rather than oversized. Sideshows Vader looks rediculously large IMO. I worry about padding him mostly, not sure if his leather outfit would allow it.

Wish someone could confirm him being 32 cm FFS.

Yup. I hear ya about the outfit. I tried to swap the body on mine and ended up shredding the body suit. It just crumbled and fell apart. All the faux leather came off in pieces. Of course this was after I tried it on several bodies and had moved and removed it a lot. I think just padding it and leaving it on would be fine.

v6a9df.jpg

Found this heightened mod of the old ROTS medicom vader.

Think the new one shouldn't be a problem after seeing this.

Can't wait to try it. Why did we have to take a vacation! DAMN YOU MONEY!

Back