Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just come in here to see more pics of this figure...
Hopefully somebody will do a nice review of it (not just pics). And I'm still surprised nobody has worked on bulking up the body.

I still can't figure out if this is the same costume parts as their first version with a taller body. If so, that would be a shame as the helmet on the 1.0 looked pretty bad from the side.

I heard back from someone who has the 2.0 Vader as well as one of the other versions. He states that the helmet on 2.0 vader looks to be the same one from earlier versions. After closely looking at the armor from the pictures, I suspect that the 2.0 also has the same armor pieces from the original ROTJ version (except for the gloves).

If true, this is very disappointing. The original Medicom ROTJ Vader came out in 2006 and it is a shame they have not taken advantage of any of the sculpting advances made in this hobby since then. The helmet on the original was especially in serious need of resculpting. While the helmet looks great from a frontal view, it looks very inaccurate from the side profile. I have noticed that none of the pictures of 2.0 Vader show it from the side unfortunately.

I heard back from someone who has the 2.0 Vader as well as one of the other versions. He states that the helmet on 2.0 vader looks to be the same one from earlier versions. After closely looking at the armor from the pictures, I suspect that the 2.0 also has the same armor pieces from the original ROTJ version (except for the gloves).

If true, this is very disappointing. The original Medicom ROTJ Vader came out in 2006 and it is a shame they have not taken advantage of any of the sculpting advances made in this hobby since then. The helmet on the original was especially in serious need of resculpting. While the helmet looks great from a frontal view, it looks very inaccurate from the side profile. I have noticed that none of the pictures of 2.0 Vader show it from the side unfortunately.

If this is REALLY true then the price is even MORE rediculous.

Really, I hope its a rumor. I suppose a picture from the inside of the helmet would confirm it.

I guess nobody outside of Japan is actually picking this one up. I imagine that the few interested collectors would be waiting for a review to see if it is substantially different than previous versions. Or even more likely is that everyone is waiting to see how the Sideshow figure is first.

Personally, I would have bought this Vader if a) I knew the helmet was improved from the other versions and b)the figure was around $150 instead of over $200.

my first time taking pics....That said I disagree on the helmet, it does appear to me, as I own both, to be slightly modded and a better fit from the previous. The head scultp is 110% better, the armor I'm not sure, however the figure in general is amazing. The voice features are actually very good, do not overlap often and the sound quality is impressive...this does not sound like your typical voiced toy. Also the actual body appears to be more poseable. Lastly it is slightly taller than there last one.

Craig77, thanks for the pics and mini review! How does the helmet look from the side? Has it been improved? Here is a pic of the previous versions' helmet (the medicom helmet is on the right):

IMG_2002.jpg

As you can see, the dome doesn't look right at that angle. Is the new one better? If so, would you be willing to post a picture of the side?

One common problem I see on people's pics of the Medi-Vader is that they seem to push the head down.
You can pull the mask/helmet ensemble up as far as it goes (it'll bump on the head-sculpt's chin) and the figure will not look so tortoise-like.

Craig77, thanks for the pics and mini review! How does the helmet look from the side? Has it been improved? Here is a pic of the previous versions' helmet (the medicom helmet is on the right):

IMG_2002.jpg

As you can see, the dome doesn't look right at that angle. Is the new one better? If so, would you be willing to post a picture of the side?

I'll take a look and compare...cheers

my first time taking pics....That said I disagree on the helmet, it does appear to me, as I own both, to be slightly modded and a better fit from the previous. The head scultp is 110% better, the armor I'm not sure, however the figure in general is amazing. The voice features are actually very good, do not overlap often and the sound quality is impressive...this does not sound like your typical voiced toy. Also the actual body appears to be more poseable. Lastly it is slightly taller than there last one.

Can you tell me if he his eyes are seperate pieces like the SS version, or are they still just sculpted eyes?

A comparison pic close up would be epic.

This is the most garbage thread for an actual review of all time...

Nobody seems to really have this guy and if they do their reviews are garbage.

This is the most garbage thread for an actual review of all time...

Nobody seems to really have this guy and if they do their reviews are garbage.

Maybe if you could do something with your keyboard besides defecate, the universe would throw something at you that smelled less appropriate to what you have to offer.

Have to say, I do wish someone would just post a #%{}ing pic of Medi Vader 2.0 from the side and get this all over with.

Back