Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Solid Snake will always be a hero to me, simply because I think he always does the "right" thing. Morally and legally speaking. It may seem like he's helping the bad guys, but at the same time, he's always preventing a larger and more immediate disaster. He's always serving the "people", not the political power players struggling against each other. Although what he does benefits them, I see it as more of a byproduct of his actions, and not his main goal. I'm sure if he knew what he knew towards the end of his life he might have made different choices (that's my take anyway), but who knows? Technically, yeah, he kind of was a bad guy when you think about it. It's all about perspective I guess. I think the "bad guys" revolutions were just too extreme in practice and goals, and had they been a bit more sane they could have not only accomplished them, but swayed Solid to their cause. I mean, it didn't help that Liquid had such an inferiority complex and had it out for Solid. lol.

The way I see it, the MGS characters are people that think they are doing the right thing from their own perspective, being good or evil is a subjective topic, in MGS4 Solid Snake (with some help) ended the never ending cycle of sorrow and death that started with the Boss, that makes him a hero imho :lecture

True, but just imagine thinking you were literally created to be inferior, and then to be told that by your father/real you :lol

:lol I can't wait to hear Big Boss saying that to Liquid

I don't think that will be a part in any game

I'd be surprised if that gets included in any upcoming MGS

True, but just imagine thinking you were literally created to be inferior, and then to be told that by your father/real you :lol

It's all about strength of character imo. Either you can't handle your father not loving you, or you can. If Liquid is supposed to be this strong, military leader type, you would think he would put his issues aside and realize he's one of the best soldiers alive. So really, I think it's just Kojima's weird POV on things. The story has tones of holes imo, but it's still great when taken in parts and not as a whole (as in each game individually).

The way I see it, the MGS characters are people that think they are doing the right thing from their own perspective, being good or evil is a subjective topic, in MGS4 Solid Snake (with some help) ended the never ending cycle of sorrow and death that started with the Boss, that makes him a hero imho :lecture

:lol I can't wait to hear Big Boss saying that to Liquid

Definitely. Solid was the defining character and hero of the franchise, and will always remain that. They can retcon Big Boss all they want, he's still a trouble maker. lol.

I wouldn't, its a little but very important detail

Big Boss: "So.. Liquid, recessive genes huh? you are SO inferior" :rotfl
damn I hope it happens :pray:

I hope this don't make the game it's sounds terrible.

It's all about strength of character imo. Either you can't handle your father not loving you, or you can. If Liquid is supposed to be this strong, military leader type, you would think he would put his issues aside and realize he's one of the best soldiers alive. So really, I think it's just Kojima's weird POV on things. The story has tones of holes imo, but it's still great when taken in parts and not as a whole (as in each game individually).

Definitely. Solid was the defining character and hero of the franchise, and will always remain that. They can retcon Big Boss all they want, he's still a trouble maker. lol.

The thing is Liquid actually said that Big Boss kept telling him he was inferior dunno if its so much about BB not loving him, its about his father acting like a jerk :dunno it will never matter how strong he is as a grow up, that would **** up ANYONE considering Liquid was just a kid there is no way he could put something like that aside, I'm 100% sure no one can do that. Everyone is pretty sensitive and weak at a young age :lol

Last edited:

The thing is Liquid actually said that Big Boss kept telling him he was inferior dunno if its so much a bout BB not loving him, its about his father acting like a jerk :dunno it will never matter how strong he is as a grow up, that would **** up ANYONE considering Liquid was just a kid there is no way he could put something like that aside, I'm 100% sure no one can do that. Everyone is pretty sensitive and weak at a young age :lol

:lecture :exactly: He wasn’t born a grown man, growing up with something like that can dictate a lot of how a person grows up. Would love to see that in and show the darker side of Big Boss we all have been hearing about.

:lecture :exactly: He wasn’t born a grown man, growing up with something like that can dictate a lot of how a person grows up. Would love to see that in and show the darker side of Big Boss we all have been hearing about.

:goodpost:

That and seeing how Liquid grew up and what life he had.. before Shadow Moses with that alone you can make a great story for MGSV

Has anyone here tried the Japanese ver. of any mgs game before? I've read that they are really good and I am seriously thinking of getting the Japanese ver. for GZ.

Especially with the tweet from Kojima

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/411037132728176640

If I recall, the only Japanese MGS games that had English subs were MGS1 Integral and MGS2 Substance. Honestly I'd be tempted to go with the Japanese version since it's still Akio Otsuka, known to the west as "the voice of of Snake in them trailers."

I'm planning to get the Japanese version. It'll be a change, but if the trailers were any indicator, the Japanese voice acting seems far superior. Kief Boss and Troy Baker Ocelot? No thanks.

I'm planning to get the Japanese version. It'll be a change, but if the trailers were any indicator, the Japanese voice acting seems far superior. Kief Boss and Troy Baker Ocelot? No thanks.

Yeah I think I'll get both just in case.

Wait. this isn't some sort of Konami marketing ploy is it?

Hmmm. It probably is, given all of the negative feedback they've gotten around the net since Hayter got shafted.

Like you said, they usually never include English subtitles for the Japanese versions of MGS. But, they're doing it this time for some reason.

Yeah, it is strange. We'll never know if Konami just wanna make a couple of extra bucks. They know they have plenty of truly dedicated fans so don't BS us with "sign a petition if you want a retail version".

Btw Solidus, what's your console of choice for GZ this March?

Yeah, it is strange. We'll never know if Konami just wanna make a couple of extra bucks. They know they have plenty of truly dedicated fans so don't BS us with "sign a petition if you want a retail version".
Wait, hasn't this been confirmed that other regions will get the retail ver. as well (as there's no Kaz on the cover due to PW poor sale is US)
#MGS GZ is coming to Xbox One & PS4 ( $29 digi/$39 retail) & Xbox 360 & PS3 ($19 digi/$29 retail) March 18, 2014! pic.twitter.com/UjeMpzyhPe
BbJ-mBICIAA5jXH.png

https://twitter.com/konami/status/410529707638005760

I'm probably getting Japanese GZ just for the Metallic Big Boss >.> though I might sell it to one of you guys if need be.

I'm not supporting this game in anyway I'm renting it .

Btw Solidus, what's your console of choice for GZ this March?

Is that petition still going on? I haven't signed it, and I don't intend to. Konami can eat crow.

I'm playing this on PS4 whenever I get a PS4 :lol.

Back