Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I hope it's true that Eli is Liquid and that Solid Snake will also make it in.

I'd really like that too :drool

And see some interaction between Big Boss and them, something.. anything

tumblr_mliv719Tdu1so290xo1_r1_500.jpg

Honestly, if the twin snakes are in the game I'll be happy, it doesn't matter if they don't meet

Well, it goes without saying, that Kojima wouldn't want to put all of his eggs into one basket, by showcasing both Liquid and Snake in MGS V. He'd want to hold off Solid Snake's appearance for a future title. This series has to be milked, after all :lol.

I remember Kojima was asked in an interview if Solid Snake wood make a cameo in the game - and he said he didn't want to spoil anything, kind of confirming, it to me anyway lol

I hope Hayter has a cameo more than Solid, that would show try at least didn't completely **** on him

I think Hayter and Kojima are professionally done. I remember Ryan mentioned a few months ago that David unfollowed him on Twitter.

As for Snake, wasn't he growing up in the U.S. at the time of MGS V? It doesn't really make sense that he and Big Boss would meet, when BB was still fighting a war overseas.

On another note, I've always found it strange how British actors could do good impressions of Americans (eg. Andrew Lincoln, David Morrissey, Dominic Purcell, Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, etc.). But, you can almost never find an American playing the role as someone who's British, without it coming off as highly awkward and phoney. So yeah, British actor for Eli/Liquid :lol.

Brad Pitt in Snatch does one of the best british accents ever, Jake Gyllenhaal, Adrien Brody, Robert Downey, Viggo Mortensen etc…

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJw6PAi5Q8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJw6PAi5Q8[/ame]

I remember Kojima was asked in an interview if Solid Snake wood make a cameo in the game - and he said he didn't want to spoil anything, kind of confirming, it to me anyway lol

I hope Hayter has a cameo more than Solid, that would show try at least didn't completely **** on him

Yea I was going to mention this. He will make an appearance in some form in this game.

Lets hope :pray:

Brad Pitt in Snatch does one of the best british accents ever, Jake Gyllenhaal, Adrien Brody, Robert Downey, Viggo Mortensen etc…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJw6PAi5Q8

Some english people thought he was from England after Sherlock Holmes

Last edited:

I still haven't seen Sherlock Holmes, but Viggo and Brody do a good job in their respected roles. I remember Snatch, but I don't even know if that qualifies as a genuine accent. It seems like Pitt was doing a stereotype for the folks living on the East End :lol.

I think American accents generally come naturally to British people though. They can even sound American when they're singing pop music.

**** society, we are and will always be super bros :lecture

solidshakegifc68.gif
Word, mah ninja.
On another note, I've always found it strange how British actors could do good impressions of Americans (eg. Andrew Lincoln, David Morrissey, Dominic Purcell, Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, etc.). But, you can almost never find an American playing the role as someone who's British, without it coming off as highly awkward and phoney. So yeah, British actor for Eli/Liquid :lol.
For some reason, it is easier to do an American accent, if you heard me over the phone you wouldn't know I'm a vato loco :lol

But the only British accent I can pull off its Bane's voice through a coffee mug :lol
I think Hayter and Kojima are professionally done. I remember Ryan mentioned a few months ago that David unfollowed him on Twitter.
That's the ultimate friendship breaker :lol

I still haven't seen Sherlock Holmes, but Viggo and Brody do a good job in their respected roles. I remember Snatch, but I don't even know if that qualifies as a genuine accent. It seems like Pitt was doing a stereotype for the folks living on the East End :lol.

I think American accents generally come naturally to British people though. They can even sound American when they're singing pop music.

Britain just had more talent per capita than any other country in the world, fact. (check the olympics)
Also american is easier since you guys speak very slow and clearly, plus the overabundance of media put out there
That said there are a shot load who do it well, Meryl Streep does a fantastic job. Brad Pit does the best Picky and irish accents ever!

On Hayter, i really hope his knee jerk reaction didnt hurt his chance f ever coming back to the series.
Although it does seem like they'll never go back in favour of Hollywood actors, since Kojima is 70% movies. Hed probably see it as taking a step back also.

It still bums me out man :(

It is a different Dialect. Awesome job and I don’t know many other actors who could have did that job as good as him.

Word, mah ninja.

For some reason, it is easier to do an American accent, if you heard me over the phone you wouldn't know I'm a vato loco :lol

But the only British accent I can pull off its Bane's voice through a coffee mug :lol

That's the ultimate friendship breaker :lol

It most certainly is. But, the real slap-in-the-face is that Kojima has never even followed Hayter. He has all of these obscure artists and folks you've never even heard of, but no David Hayter on his Twitter page at all. It's like he never even acknowledged that the man existed.

Britain just had more talent per capita than any other country in the world, fact. (check the olympics)
Also american is easier since you guys speak very slow and clearly, plus the overabundance of media put out there
That said there are a shot load who do it well, Meryl Streep does a fantastic job. Brad Pit does the best Picky and irish accents ever!

On Hayter, i really hope his knee jerk reaction didnt hurt his chance f ever coming back to the series.
Although it does seem like they'll never go back in favour of Hollywood actors, since Kojima is 70% movies. Hed probably see it as taking a step back also.

It still bums me out man :(

Yeah. I don't know if this is a good analogy, but Kojima reminds of an Indie director, who has gotten way too mainstream for his own good. There used to be a time when MGS meant something (especially to the fans), but now he's gotten so caught-up in Hollywood appeal and the limelight, that he couldn't care less about what anyone thinks.

I don't think David's coming back to this series, after that low-blow from Konami. I mentioned it before, but if Konami ever calls him back, and instead, he refuses and gives them the finger - I'd support him 100%.

I've tried speaking phoney British just for fun with my friends way back in high-school and it's hard has heck :rotfl.

It most certainly is. But, the real slap-in-the-face is that Kojima has never even followed Hayter. He has all of these obscure artists and folks you've never even heard of, but no David Hayter on his Twitter page at all. It's like he never even acknowledged that the man existed.

Yeah. I don't know if this is a good analogy, but Kojima reminds of an Indie director, who has gotten way too mainstream for his own good. There used to be a time when MGS meant something (especially to the fans), but now he's gotten so caught-up in Hollywood appeal and the limelight, that he couldn't care less about what anyone thinks.

I don't think David's coming back to this series, after that low-blow from Konami. I mentioned it before, but if Konami ever calls him back, and instead, he refuses and gives them the finger - I'd support him 100%.

I've tried speaking phoney British just for fun with my friends way back in high-school and it's hard has heck :rotfl.

On the flip side, when you make it big time that is when the haters come. You become judged a lot more harsh compared to the rest of the competition. To remain great and live up to a certain standard, sometime you have to innovate or changed certain things the way you did it before. And that can upset or even alienate a fan base but it come with the territory and I think thats why Kojima is getting most of the hate on here.

On the flip side, when you make it big time that is when the haters come. You become judged a lot more harsh compared to the rest of the competition. To remain great and live up to a certain standard, sometime you have to innovate or changed certain things the way you did it before. And that can upset or even alienate a fan base but it come with the territory and I think thats why Kojima is getting most of the hate on here.

:exactly::goodpost:

Thats basically it

Just speculating. But I’m sure of it after that statement the Kojima made.

Well, I'm not sure, man. I mean, Kojima has never explained everything in a single MGS game. He tends to leave these unanswered questions that leave you guessing about what's coming up next.

For example, Peace Walker didn't even mention Snake and Liquid. And most of Big Boss's entourage like Eva, Ocelot and Campbell just simply disappeared from the game.

That's why I think he's going to save Solid Snake for MGS VI (or whatever remakes of MG 1 and 2). Liquid's good enough for a war torn setting in the Middle East. So, there's no need for Kojima to show off both of the twins all at once.

But, like I said, Solid was busy growing up in the U.S. at the time of MGS V. And if the canon for MGS is anything to go by, Solid Snake met Big Boss for the first time when he joined Foxhound as a rookie.

That's a good point, now that I remember, les enfants were a selling/ad point for PW, and weren't even mentioned in the game.

Well, I'm not sure, man. I mean, Kojima has never explained everything in a single MGS game. He tends to leave these unanswered questions that leave you guessing about what's coming up next.

For example, Peace Walker didn't even mention Snake and Liquid. And most of Big Boss's entourage like Eva, Ocelot and Campbell just simply disappeared from the game.

That's why I think he's going to save Solid Snake for MGS VI (or whatever remakes of MG 1 and 2). Liquid's good enough for a war torn setting in the Middle East. So, there's no need for Kojima to show off both of the twins all at once.

But, like I said, Solid was busy growing up in the U.S. at the time of MGS V. And if the canon for MGS is anything to go by, Solid Snake met Big Boss for the first time when he joined Foxhound as a rookie.

Yea which is why a lot of people are already speculating you will hear his voice at the ending credits or something like that. The way Kojima answered the question it really did sound like Solid, in some way will cameo but I certainly could be wrong.

Back