Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

$30 bucks for GZ doesn't sound bad IF I get at least 3 or 4 hrs of gameplay + replay value, most full games these days pack like 5 or 6 hrs of sp campaign.

BUT SHINY THINGS ARE GOOD! Look at how everyone is flipping their **** at getting shiny Pokemon in X and Y :lol I've seen them give some sort of thing with games recently and PSN. Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus gives Quest for Booty for free, and Assassin's Creed IV gives a discount code for the game on PS4 when you buy the PS3 version.

$30 bucks for GZ doesn't sound bad IF I get at least 3 or 4 hrs of gameplay + replay value, most full games these days pack like 5 or 6 hrs of sp campaign.
Yeah a number of games are quite short despite being full price, it sucks. Honestly, I think if Ground Zeroes is maybe $20-$30 and Phantom Pain is a bit less than the standard game, it'll be ok what Konami's doing.

Yeah a number of games are quite short despite being full price, it sucks. Honestly, I think if Ground Zeroes is maybe $20-$30 and Phantom Pain is a bit less than the standard game, it'll be ok what Konami's doing.

I was playing alien resurrection on my Psone the other day, and there are a couple missions that take 2 hours to complete :lol and the game had 10 missions, it's ridiculous the amount of gameplay we used to get those days.

I don't see konami giving a discount for having bought GZ.

GZ seems like a really short chapter in the span of one night. So, I'd think three to four hours seems like a realistic expectation.

But, you have to consider that MGS games are typically much longer than that. It alludes back to my point that Kojima has been trying too hard emulate other developers and their ways of doing things. It'll be a crying shame if the last, full-scale MGS title ever released on console was MGS 4, and all other future MGS titles are sparsely released chapters on DLC...

BUT SHINY THINGS ARE GOOD! Look at how everyone is flipping their **** at getting shiny Pokemon in X and Y :lol I've seen them give some sort of thing with games recently and PSN. Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus gives Quest for Booty for free, and Assassin's Creed IV gives a discount code for the game on PS4 when you buy the PS3 version.

But, that's like you're buying the game twice to get a discount! I have PS Plus, so I get a lot of games for free. If GZ happens to make it on PS Plus (eventually), that's even better :rotfl.

Last edited:

GZ seems like a really short chapter in the span of one night. So, I'd think three to four hours seems like a realistic expectation.

But, you have to consider that MGS games are typically much longer than that. It alludes back to my point that Kojima has been trying too hard emulate other developers and their ways of doing things. It'll be a crying shame if the last, full-scale MGS game title ever released on console was MGS 4, and all other future MGS titles are sparsely released chapters on DLC...

I hate episodic schemes, I hate the way the sell games and extra content these days, that and f2p are the reasons why mobile gaming got stuck right when good AAA games started popping up and now mobile gaming is stagnated, now I see those tendencies dangerously approaching to home consoles and working, because they're more lucrative for publishers and devs, it's sad.

They should be emulating steam.

Kind of, yes, but not enough to buy a console for them, and killzone died for me after kz2.

Actually I'm more excited for the evil within.

When they announce Arkham city 3 I will probably get the ps4 then, and obviously for MGSV

Same here, can't wait for that, I need a good horror game I'm tired of the indie games :lol

It could be a little longer than that, maybe the story or GZ will last for a whole day (story-wise)

I remember Big Boss and a few others with Paz taking her insides out, that happens during the day :dunno and I think that is likely a scene from GZ

BUT SHINY THINGS ARE GOOD!

870.gif

:rotfl

yup the pak figure looks great, thats why I'll get the japanese version :yess:

Last edited:

Same here, can't wait for that, I need a good horror game I tired of the indie games :lol

It could be a little longer than that, maybe the story or GZ will last for a whole day (story-wise)

I remember Big Boss and a few others with Paz taking her insides out, that happens during the day :dunno and I think that is likely a scene from GZ

870.gif

:rotfl

yup the pak figure looks great, thats why I'll get the japanese version :yess:

I think the game will have a decent length. The campaign I see being about at least 3 hours, and with the side missions and exclusive mission and replay-abilitym we are looking at a pretty decent length of game here for 30 or 40 bucks, depending on what system you get it for.

I hate episodic schemes, I hate the way the sell games and extra content these days, that and f2p are the reasons why mobile gaming got stuck right when good AAA games started popping up and now mobile gaming is stagnated, now I see those tendencies dangerously approaching to home consoles and working, because they're more lucrative for publishers and devs, it's sad.

They should be emulating steam.

I think Kojima's headed into untested waters with episodic content. I hate DLCs with a vengeance, but I just don't have faith in Konami to pull it off effectively like other companies such as EA and Ubisoft.

The two DLCs for MG Rising were complete failures at best, and they were eventually offered for free on the PSN. It goes without saying that Rising was an extremely popular game (and the reviews for the DLCs were fair), so I'd blame it on lack of proper marketing. MGO was another botched release back in 2008 release because of Konami's overly-complicated registration process.

So, even if Konami is able to copy what other companies are doing, I'd say they've come far.

Last edited:

I think the game will have a decent length. The campaign I see being about at least 3 hours, and with the side missions and exclusive mission and replay-abilitym we are looking at a pretty decent length of game here for 30 or 40 bucks, depending on what system you get it for.

:exactly:

Thats what I really want for this game, side missions and extra modes, if there is ONE bad thing I can say about the HD collection, is that MGS3 doesn't have all the subsistence extras...

And I really like the extras, I'm not a fan of the PW side missions but since GZ is a real MGS I bet they will be fun

Thats what I really want for this game, side missions and extra modes, if there is ONE bad thing I can say about the HD collection, is that MGS3 doesn't have all the subsistence extras...

And I really like the extras, I'm not a fan of the PW side missions but since GZ is a real MGS I bet they will be fun

Peace Walker’s side missions almost ruined that game for me. When I replayed the game, and only played the main missions, the game was much better and much more fun. I don’t have too much faith in the side missions in this game also but I hope I am wrong. Side missions in most games just tend to suck and only seem tacked on to make a game seem large in scope and length.

Only game that really nailed side missions were the last 2 Arkham games.

Last edited:

Right... it was clearly a psp game and most of it sucks only because of that in mi opinion, thats why I guess we won't have any side mission like "destroy a tank" in GZ, lets hope... I didn't play the new one but those Arkham city missions didn't even felt like side missions, they were great, and its a great example of a game with many extras, thats what I want! extras

Well the 2 exclusive missions give me hope that they have some fun things in store before, during, or after the campaign is complete.

Thats what I really want for this game, side missions and extra modes,

As long as it is t repetitive *** hell like the peace walker tank battles. Even though they were challenging they got annoying. I wanted more variety

if there is ONE bad thing I can say about the HD collection, is that MGS3 doesn't have all the subsistence
exactly:

But what I hated the most was the Snake Eater intro was out of sync!
It drives me crazy EVERY TIME.

As long as it is t repetitive *** hell like the peace walker tank battles. Even though they were challenging they got annoying. I wanted more variety

Thats what I really don't want to play ever again, its like the endless battles of the vintage games, thats why I'm not touching PW walker again unless I want to play the main story

exactly:

But what I hated the most was the Snake Eater intro was out of sync!
It drives me crazy EVERY TIME.

yeah.. I mean, whats up with that? :lol thats why I have to skip it everytime, mh I think the MGS2 intro is out of sync too

The MGS2 Intro isn't out of sync from what I've seen and compared, along with what my mgs crazed friend tells me.

Are we talking about the HD collection? I'm such MGS nut that I did pinpointed EVERYTHING that was wrong with the HD collection. These are all minor, but playing the PS2 games for more than 50 times each, I know what were different or poorly done. Here they are:

MGS2

-The intro is not out of synch.

-The water effects during the Plant Chapter are buggy.

-The Solidus Snake choking mini-game was toned down significantly to make it easier.

-The surround sound is poorly mixed, vocals during cutscenes come out from all speakers but the CODEC come from the center speaker, this makes the transition very jarring. The original PS2 release features some 5.1 Dolby Digital cutscenes where the mix is impressive, so they are retained here. The rest of the cutscenes though, are poorly mixed.

-Snake's portrait in the "Basic Actions" menu is stretched, so are the Snake Tales portraits.

-The game is a mash up between the Japanese version and the US version, as some custcenes features the Japanese mix (such as the Vamp intro) while some gameplay mechanics are from the US version (such as Raiden's cellphone ringtone).

-Codec loading screens are significantly slower.

-The framerate of the cutscenes were increased to 60fps (with constant dips) which creates an even less cinematic feel. They should have kept it 30 like the PS2 version or better yet, 24fps.

-This might end up as being personal taste, but the fullscreen cutscenes looks terrible due to the ploygonal nature of the real time cutscenes and the horrible lip-synch. Using the "letterbox" option seems to lessen this.

Last edited:

Are we talking about the HD collection? I'm such MGS nut that I did pinpointed EVERYTHING that was wrong with the HD collection. These are all minor, but playing the PS2 games for more than 50 times each, I know what were different or poorly done. Here they are:

MGS2

-The intro is not out of synch.

-The water effects during the Plant Chapter are buggy.

-The Solidus Snake choking mini-game was toned down significantly to make it easier.

-The surround sound is poorly mixed, vocals during cutscenes come out from all speakers but the CODEC come from the center speaker, this makes the transition very jarring. The original PS2 release features some 5.1 Dolby Digital cutscenes where the mix is impressive, so they are retained here. The rest of the cutscenes though, are poorly mixed.

-Snake's portrait in the "Basic Actions" menu is stretched, so are the Snake Tales portraits.

-The game is a mash up between the Japanese version and the US version, as some custcenes features the Japanese mix (such as the Vamp intro) while some gameplay mechanics are from the US version (such as Raiden's cellphone ringtone).

-Codec loading screens are significantly slower.

-The framerate of the cutscenes were increased to 60fps (with constant dips) which creates an even less cinematic feel. They should have kept it 30 like the PS2 version or better yet, 24fps.

-This might end up as being personal taste, but the fullscreen cutscenes looks terrible due to the ploygonal nature of the real time cutscenes and the horrible lip-synch. Using the "letterbox" option seems to lessen this.

Nice :goodpost: I noticed the torture part was way easier, the water problem to and the codec slow load time (wich really bothers me) but overall... MGS2 hd was well done, I dunno why they had to cut content of MGS3 :dunno that really bugs me

BTW since you know stuff, there is a MGS3 track I can't find.. :gah: it plays during the mountains cutscene when Eva asks Snake about the Boss, it also plays when the Boss says she went to space and all that, you know if that was released?

Last edited:
Back