Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Nope, that track was never released officially, nor is it available anywhere. So are the cutscene music from MGS1 and TTS.

MGS2HD was a poorer port overall compared to MGS3HD because at least the audio in the custscenes were mixed in proper surround sound in MGS3HD. An audiophile like me would be really irritated by MGS2HD, which so happens to me my favorite MGS game. :slap

That being said, the in-game radio calls in MGS3 suffered from severe volume inconsistency when compared to the cutscenes which are much louder. I think anybody with a decent surround sound setup would notice the crippling audio flaws in the HD collection.

I don't know much about the MGS3 intro being of of synch because frankly I always skip it, I personally don't like the song compared to the abstracted camouflage.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KeWr8WPQ_s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KeWr8WPQ_s[/ame]

Nope, that track was never released officially, nor is it available anywhere. So are the cutscene music from MGS1 and TTS.

MGS2HD was a poorer port overall compared to MGS3HD because at least the audio in the custscenes were mixed in proper surround sound in MGS3HD. An audiophile like me would be really irritated by MGS2HD, which so happens to me my favorite MGS game. :slap

That being said, the in-game radio calls in MGS3 suffered from severe volume inconsistency when compared to the cutscenes which are much louder. I think anybody with a decent surround sound setup would notice the crippling audio flaws in the HD collection.

I don't know much about the MGS3 intro being of of synch because frankly I always skip it, I personally don't like the song compared to the abstracted camouflage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KeWr8WPQ_s

I see... thats sucks :gah:

I'm not sure if it was lazy work or if they just couldn't make it right, Same here I prefer that version of the song and the intermission version

MERRY X MASS people

Merry_Chriistmas_by_uianno.jpg

March for just an MGS 5 prologue? Wow. No wonder Kojima said GTAV depressed him.. Behind the times.

He was expressing how awesome GTAV looked, and was excited by the unique way to play different characters at a time to carry out a mission. He said it depressed him because pretty much how awesome rockstar is as a company but I’m pretty sure it was nothing more than his way of complimenting the Rockstar devs.

March for just an MGS 5 prologue? Wow. No wonder Kojima said GTAV depressed him.. Behind the times.

Kojima said GTAV depressed him? Why?

Ever since MGS 4, Kojima has wanted to take MGS into the direction of a Sandbox-like experience. Assassin's Creed was making him depressed long before GTA V.

No doubt the man's falling behind the times, when other developers are beating him to the punch.

Ever since MGS 4, Kojima has wanted to take MGS into the direction of a Sandbox-like experience. Assassin's Creed was making him depressed long before GTA V.

No doubt the man's falling behind the times, when other developers are beating him to the punch.

Yup, MGS4 had the Altair robe, and also did PW I think, plus PW had the faith jump and taking out enemies from hay cubes.

Yup, MGS4 had the Altair robe, and also did PW I think, plus PW had the faith jump and taking out enemies from hay cubes.

Well, to his credit, I think Kojima's very gracious in the way he handles disappointment. It was pretty hilarious to see Big Boss perform a faith jump in Peace Walker. Awkward, but hilarious. The dev team at Ubisoft Montreal then reciprocated by including Raiden as a playable character in AC Brotherhood.

I never liked GTA as much as everyone else. The vastness of the sandbox box everything feel empty, it always failed to captivate me to keep playing it.
What I love about the locals in MGS is the detail of attention in all sections. I'm really hoping that's not lost in MGSV.

I like how Arkham City did it, it's a sandbox but a very thought out and detailed one.

I never liked GTA as much as everyone else. The vastness of the sandbox box everything feel empty, it always failed to captivate me to keep playing it.
What I love about the locals in MGS is the detail of attention in all sections. I'm really hoping that's not lost in MGSV.

I like how Arkham City did it, it's a sandbox but a very thought out and detailed one.

The thing that I hate the most about sandbox games, is getting lost in all of the side-quests. I took me two months to finish Saints Row The Third, and by the time I was done, I couldn't even remember some important details of the storyline :lol.

But of course, not all Sandbox games are like that. I think Assassin's Creed and Batman Arkham do a fantastic job of including side-quests that are relevant to the storyline , so that you'll never lose your focus to beat the games. I think the pacing of MGS V should be okay, if Kojima can find that type of balance between the main story, and whatever nonsensical things are planned for that huge desert environment.

With that said, I really do miss those old days of tightly-enclosed indoor environments in MGS; and I keep hoping in vain that Kojima would return the series back to its roots of "Tactical Espionage Action". The open world stuff just doesn't vibe well with me, where this series is concerned.

Last edited:

Yeah because that is a huge part of Metal Gears DNA!

I'm hoping its a mix of both here. Massive open world, you plan your entrance to a military base where we get the more classic setting

Back