Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I never liked GTA as much as everyone else. The vastness of the sandbox box everything feel empty, it always failed to captivate me to keep playing it.
What I love about the locals in MGS is the detail of attention in all sections. I'm really hoping that's not lost in MGSV.

I like how Arkham City did it, it's a sandbox but a very thought out and detailed one.

I’m not a big fan also. The game is a technical beast, but the missions never really did it for me, as well as the stories and characters they create.

Yup, I hope they put in some in-door missions, word is that they will, it something that was missing in MGS4, can't remember any corridor mission outside of shadow moses.

But I do love me some sandbox, they never feel empty to me, quite the opposite, very much alive and I looooove side quests.

Of course, they don't always have the emotional impact of direct and linear storytelling.

My fav sandbox games are the Arkham games, Trespasser and STALKER, hopefully MGSV will join the list.

Last edited:

Also, I don't know if you guys know, but Hayter is in this new indie game called Republique, it's a stealth game, I found out yesterday, I downloaded it for my iPod and his name popped up in the credits :lol

You may want to check it out, it's a very good game, I don't know if it's available for PC, most likely it is, it's also available for mobile devices.

NewImage9.png

Also, I don't know if you guys know, but Hayter is in this new indie game called Republique, it's a stealth game, I found out yesterday, I downloaded it for my iPod and his name popped up in the credits :lol

You may want to check it out, it's a very good game, I don't know if it's available for PC, most likely it is, it's also available for mobile devices.

NewImage9.png

Yea a lot of other big voice actors are on there as well, can’t remember who they are though. I think the woman that voices Meryl is in it as well.

Also Kojima said there will be some linear missions in the game as well, that will be in doors and such.

Yea a lot of other big voice actors are on there as well, can’t remember who they are though. I think the woman that voices Meryl is in it as well.

Also Kojima said there will be some linear missions in the game as well, that will be in doors and such.

Not sure about Meryl, but Jennifer Hale is also a VA for the game.

great, PW did have a lot of those by the end, and they were great.

Not sure about Meryl, but Jennifer Hale is also a VA for the game.

great, PW did have a lot of those by the end, and they were great.

Yea I could be wrong, I thought she mentioned in a while back in a gin interview.

Playing Republique I discovered a fun easter egg, see in that game you can manipulate the surveillance cameras and get info, so I tapped on one of the guards, and it gives you his info and his nickname or alias was: "Big shell incident" :lol

Hayter's influence? I'll play that part again and I'll get you a screenie.

What a dead ****ing thread. It's funny how my iPhone autocorrects Hideo Kojima to "Hideous Kohima".

You should, there's a couple great games for the iOS, most of them are straight up garbage, but every now and then...

Anyway here's the screenie:

qprlfb.jpg

That's crazy :lol. Did you find any other references to MGS?

Great video for anyone who hasn’t’ been constantly checking for news.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74n1Nl8Dsk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUT6iAerLNE-0J1S_E97UAuQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74n1Nl8Dsk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUT6iAerLNE-0J1S_E97UAuQ[/ame]

Eli's topic is super interesting, I think it's pretty much confirmed that he is Liquid.

Also, I didn't noticed they already had said that it takes 6 hours for 24 in-game hours to pass, that's something I like, it was retarded to make the time pass in real time.

I'm sold on Kief's voice, after re listening to the dialogue when he's hopping on the snakepod :lol he sounds pretty bad ***, and it's a quite villainous voice, hopefully he will put it to good use.

Last edited:

Eli's topic is super interesting, I think it's pretty much confirmed that he is Liquid.

The latest info revealing he has a british voice actor pretty much confirmed it to me. I would truly be shocked if he wasn’t Liquid.

Yup, also, I'm pretty hyped to see Big Boss torturing people, while I like heroes, I have a thing for villains.

Yup, from what I understand, the torture scenes will be essential to MGSV. I hope just hope Kojima doesn’t cop out and not make Big Boss truly evil in this game. I can understand making us sympathize and understand his plight but he should being performing unforgivable acts in this game.

You can even see in the trailers what it appears to be Punished Snake shooting some people in a cell, but that could be edited.

You can even see in the trailers what it appears to be Punished Snake shooting some people in a cell, but that could be edited.

Yea, I was telling Henry that before, I think that scene is edited, but would you think I’m evil for hoping it isn’t? haha.

Back