Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Same here, I might get the xbox version just for the lolz :lol I only care about getting the japanese premium edition, I'll keep on with the tradition I started with the premium packages

Yea that Diamond Dogs jacket looks great. I will probably get the Japanese premium version also

metal-gear-solid-4-group.jpg

Where I live that poster has been on sale for ages now.

Just thought I'd post this and make a point that I got this article off of Google News, which anyone is capable of doing :lol. So, apparently, the only real difference with Ground Zeroes between the last gen (PS3 and 360) and current gen (PS4 and Xbone) are the graphics -with the current gen consoles having more improved graphics capabilities (no surprise there).

So, which console version do you guys plan on getting? And just as heads-up to you pitiful console peasants, the PC is epic and will be far superior to your lame boxes :nana:

I'll get GZ for the PS4 if I can afford one by March, I think it's a plus for the better graphics but the real draw for me is the 60fps. The last (original) release of a MGS in 60fps was MGS2.

That being said, I won't hesitate to just get the PS3 version in a heartbeat if I can't afford a console upgrade by then (we still have the IDM Snake that just require payment by then, remember?).

For all the people who might have Solidus blocked here is some new news!!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/k...-5-ground-zeroes-you-should-buy/1100-6416835/

I’m going with the PS4 version.

I'll never block Solidus, he's not only a valued member of the community, but also a good friend. Unlike anyone else, he's been 'holding the fort' here for 5 years.

You guys really want this thread closed don't you? Derail again and I'll lock it for a few days.

Please be good.

I don't think I will get this for ps4, don't really care for graphics that much, plus there aren't many games that make excited for the ps4, actually there are still a bunch of cool future releases for ps3 and I also have long backlog lust to catch up to.

So I guess ps3 for me.

I don't think I will get this for ps4, don't really care for graphics that much, plus there aren't many games that make excited for the ps4, actually there are still a bunch of cool future releases for ps3 and I also have long backlog lust to catch up to.

So I guess ps3 for me.

360 for me .

So I guess ps3 for me.

Not excited for Uncharted 4, the Order 1886 or Infamous Second Son?

Not excited for Uncharted 4, the Order 1886 or Infamous Second Son?
Kind of, yes, but not enough to buy a console for them, and killzone died for me after kz2.

Actually I'm more excited for the evil within.

When they announce Arkham city 3 I will probably get the ps4 then, and obviously for MGSV

Kind of, yes, but not enough to buy a console for them, and killzone died for me after kz2.

Actually I'm more excited for the evil within.

When they announce Arkham city 3 I will probably get the ps4 then, and obviously for MGSV

Honestly, the evil within looks way too scary for me :lol

I can barely get through the gameplay videos online.

Honestly, the evil within looks way too scary for me :lol

I can barely get through the gameplay videos online.

:lol my brother is the same, he couldn't even get through FEAR, he'd scream like a little girl whenever Alma showed up :lol

Me, I love having to change my undies every 5 minutes.

:exactly:
:lol my brother is the same, he couldn't even get through FEAR, he'd scream like a little girl whenever Alma showed up :lol

Me, I love having to change my undies every 5 minutes.

Especially with technology these days. It’s a shame a great big production horror game has been made. With hd tv’s and surround sound we should be getting far more scared then the Resident Evil 1 days.

So gamespot just posted an article saying there is a prologue called ground zeroes, then a full game released later? $30 for prologue and $60 or full game later? I smell ripoff

So gamespot just posted an article saying there is a prologue called ground zeroes, then a full game released later? $30 for prologue and $60 or full game later? I smell ripoff

Yeah, that's the way Konami's planned it. Ground Zeroes will be $19 on last gen systems (or $30 for current gen platforms). And then MGS V will be released a year later for $60. Gotta love their craptacular marketing strategy :lol.

The real question is, can they keep interest in this game after taking a one-year hiatus from the prologue? Everything should be released as a single package from the start.

Yeah it's an odd thing they're doing. I do think if they gave a discount code with GZ for Phantom Pain, that'd work a bit though, or something like that. I do however want that Metallic Snake figure...

Where I live that poster has been on sale for ages now.

I'll get GZ for the PS4 if I can afford one by March, I think it's a plus for the better graphics but the real draw for me is the 60fps. The last (original) release of a MGS in 60fps was MGS2.

That being said, I won't hesitate to just get the PS3 version in a heartbeat if I can't afford a console upgrade by then (we still have the IDM Snake that just require payment by then, remember?).

That IDM Custom is the reason for why I canceled my PS4 pre-order :lol. If John takes his time with it, I'll definitely get a PS4 around summer next year.

I've gotten so accustomed to playing games on the PC now, with anti-aliasing and dynamic lighting, that my PS3 looks pretty sub-par in comparison. I've practically skipped out on most of the releases this year like Assassin's Creed and COD Ghosts, because I'd rather play them eventually on the best system available (hats off to my good buddy, Ray for setting the example :lol :duff). So, with that said, GZ/MGS V can wait.

I'll never block Solidus, he's not only a valued member of the community, but also a good friend. Unlike anyone else, he's been 'holding the fort' here for 5 years.

Appreciate it, fellas! You guys are the ones who keep the community alive, and I wouldn't have stuck around and posted as long on this forum, if it weren't for great and supportive friends like you. A tip of the hat to you both :duff.

Last edited:

Yeah it's an odd thing they're doing. I do think if they gave a discount code with GZ for Phantom Pain, that'd work a bit though, or something like that. I do however want that Metallic Snake figure...

Man, I don't think they give discount codes with DLCs. If it's on the Playstation Store (or Live), you'd probably have to pay full price for everything unless there's a special sale going on :slap.

That Big Boss figure looks too shiny for my liking, to be honest :lol. The head-sculpt does look like an improvement over the Sneaking Suit Big Boss figure, though.

Last edited:
Back