Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Let's everyone calm down and get back on topic. I honestly try to keep away from these Metal Gear threads because I really don't understand the humor of the posters in them.

Vets: It's your job to welcome people to the board. Please try to be aware that new members want to join the club of Metal Gear people here and they may bring new opinions to the threads.

New people: Understand the Metal Gear fans here are very hardcore, maybe even a bit too much. They are loyal though so give them a chance to understand where you are coming from and let them know how much you like the brand too.

TLDR version: Let's stop the personal fighting now before it gets out of hand. If you really can't stand someone please use the ignore function. If you REALLY must continue it then go to Private Messages.

I concur, but on the 'ignore' function. It really could use some change to assure that the blocking persists through quotes. Currently, if someone quotes a post by someone you have ignored, you can still see the post. That's a huge flaw.

I don't ignore anyone here, but I do understand that it can be quite annoying. :peace

We definitely know about the quote feature being an issue. If we could, we would. Maybe in future versions of the board it will be possible.

bth_Chill-Pill.png

:mwaha

Ignore unfortunately is broken. I asked Dave if it was possible to up the level of restriction to make people invisible to each other essentially and said it's out of his power to do so. :huh

Let's everyone calm down and get back on topic. I honestly try to keep away from these Metal Gear threads because I really don't understand the humor of the posters in them.

Vets: It's your job to welcome people to the board. Please try to be aware that new members want to join the club of Metal Gear people here and they may bring new opinions to the threads.

New people: Understand the Metal Gear fans here are very hardcore, maybe even a bit too much. They are loyal though so give them a chance to understand where you are coming from and let them know how much you like the brand too.

TLDR version: Let's stop the personal fighting now before it gets out of hand. If you really can't stand someone please use the ignore function. If you REALLY must continue it then go to Private Messages.

One of the best posts I read in a while .

:clap

:goodpost:

Its all a misunderstanding that leads to dumb arguments in my opinion, just because not all of us see this series the same way, and then this happens:

"you are just a kojibro"

"and you are just a hayter"

:dunno

I won't be part of that kind of arguments ever again

Great post Shropt :clap

And yes Kelras is right, and improvement to the ignore function would be most welcome!

Last edited:

Kudos, Shorpt; for bringing a sound voice of reasoning to this thread :duff. Excellent advice that all of us should follow in the future.

(as it was mentioned about the "ignore" feature, I'd like to see some improvements as well. If Dave ever creates a paid, tiered membership on SSF, I will gladly pay for an improved ignore function :lol).

Just thought I'd post this and make a point that I got this article off of Google News, which anyone is capable of doing :lol. So, apparently, the only real difference with Ground Zeroes between the last gen (PS3 and 360) and current gen (PS4 and Xbone) are the graphics -with the current gen consoles having more improved graphics capabilities (no surprise there).

So, which console version do you guys plan on getting? And just as heads-up to you pitiful console peasants, the PC is epic and will be far superior to your lame boxes :nana:

Should you buy the PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 version of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes or the PlayStation 4/Xbox One version? Series creator Hideo Kojima weighed in on Twitter today.

"I've been asked which ver u should buy. The feel of play & impression's similar as it's been made multiplatform/multigen this time. Sense of realism & graphics looks much better in next gen. So I'd say current-gen for those who can't buy next gen just yet & upgrade later."

"FYI, the world ranking of mission result/trial grade in GZ differs to each platform. The feel of play/difficulty levels are the same as we consider slight difference parts found in each hardware, controls or frame rate."

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, a prologue to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, launches on March 18, 2014. The game will be available to download on PS4 or Xbox One, or in stores for PS3 or Xbox 360 for $30. PS3 and Xbox 360 owners can download the game for $20.

Ground Zeroes runs on the Fox Engine and features a day/night cycle, as well as dynamic weather conditions that affect gameplay. Missions are designed to help players understand the game's new control and gameplay mechanics.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-explains-which-version-of-metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes-you-should-buy/1100-6416835/

Finally no crying and Metal Gear news being posted :clap

I’m getting the PS4 version. PC probably won’t have any exclusives so I’ll skip out on that version. Xbox One might have some great exclusives also, so it will be tough.

I rented mgs3 from blockbuster one time but I couldn't get past the first part so I returned that ho

Was it the part before just crossing over to the bridge?

That game has somewhat of a tight learning curve. It's probably the toughest MGS game I've played to date.

Nice :panic:. I died a bunch of times myself the first time I played it. I sucked at that game. All of my friends were beating it in a week, I think I took three.

Back