Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't even get this whole need for a Prologue game.
He explains he is doing this, to get you comfortable with the controls and the gameplay etc.

- Don't worry guys, this is just a taste. The REAL game will blow you away and is HUNDREDS of times bigger than this.
-This is game is so complex and epic I had to split it into two games.

Just put out one fricken completed gaming experience. Stop acting like you're Gods gift to gaming, and you need to ease us gaming idiots into the complex masterpiece that is your next game lol

:thud::cuckoo:

:exactly:

I'd rather wait another year and just have both games together. And you're absolutely right, Kojima has a God complex.

If the game ends with BB's coma, then is going to make sense if we wait the whole year for waking him up in TPP lol.

Btw feel free to correct my thing about the plot of GZ pls

Well it's just that every other day IGN has an article or tweet, with the latest Kojima news and statements about the game. lol

Kojima definitely created a big hype machine for MGS V, but his wavering statements about being jealous of other games leads me to believing this will miss the mark... again.

I just don't even get this whole need for a Prologue game.
He explains he is doing this, to get you comfortable with the controls and the gameplay etc.

- Don't worry guys, this is just a taste. The REAL game will blow you away and is HUNDREDS of times bigger than this.
-This is game is so complex and epic I had to split it into two games.

Just put out one fricken completed gaming experience. Stop acting like you're Gods gift to gaming, and you need to ease us gaming idiots into the complex masterpiece that is your next game lol

:thud::cuckoo:

Just their way of making more money. No doubt about it.

Kojima in many ways has shot himself in the foot with a good amount of long time fans with the many, many issues such as the decision to go open word, the David Hayter debacle, the Quiet controversy, and the murky (and juvenile) promotional campaigns to name a few. Unlike past MGS games, Kojima himself doesn't seem to have the game set in stone (remember this game was originally for the PS3, not current gen consoles) and at least at this point, it seems to point out that all he wants to do is make is Peace Walker 2 and a glorified tech demo for the FOX engine.

Long story short, Kojima could have easily avoided all these but he choose not to. He is either a) Trying to prove a point. b) Tying in the controversy of the game to match the themes of the game, or c) He's well on his way to be certified fruitcake that a lot of people have been saying he is.

Rising is a different beast altogether, it's a Metal Gear game developed by Platinum Games with a good amount of creative control but a very, very punishing development period imposed on them. They could not screw this up or they'll risk a) The Rising series never picking up steam, or b) Termination by Kojima Productions.

The end result is a game that really acknowledges itself to be silly and nonsensical, but with a heart of gold, Platinum pulled this off impressively. You're not supposed to have a hard time sleeping because the plot was "bad", you're supposed to have a hard time sleeping knowing the fact that you've just cut a 65 foot tall robot into pieces with blaring techno/metal/dubstep music as if Platinum Games is shoving a toothpick in your mouth whispering "dude, you're cool."

Sometimes, just sometimes it isn't about the latest technological achievement or the grandiose plot, it's the pure, unadulterated tried-and-true methods that works best in generating a smile, and boy does Rising made many of my buddies smile when they come over.

P/s: I hope I don't have to type this long again. Phew.

Most long time fans definitely seem okay with the game going open world. I haven’t seen any complaints there. I can’t speak for everyone, but I personally don’t care about Quiets attire. I liked Metal Gear Rising a lot. But the fact that Kojima said it was canon bothers me. I know a ton of “long time” fans are saying it isn’t, but until the creator of the series confirms it isn’t then I have no choice but to believe it is canon which means the story is a big deal and a terrible one compared the other games in the series.

But it was a really fun awesome game to play no doubt about it.

If the game ends with BB's coma, then is going to make sense if we wait the whole year for waking him up in TPP lol.

Btw feel free to correct my thing about the plot of GZ pls
That is probably the only good part of the 2 game scheme, it works for some level of illusion, I'll sleep for the entire year so I can feel like I was really in a coma for 9 years.

Hey Pixar did something like that with Toy Story 3! Why can't Kojima do the same?

:lol

I just can't wait for March so that I can finally make my own verdict on Kojima's latest masterpiece. This is the first Metal Gear game where I'm just not feeling it (and I have provided my reasons countless times). I just want to be proven wrong this March.

I still hold my ground that Rising is the best thing to come out of the Metal Gear name in a very long time. The Metal Gear games are getting dangerously stagnant and repetitive in comparison with other offerings. Heck, I'm getting a PS4 just for this. :yess:

:goodpost: But I wont buy a next gen console just to play this i’ll play this on current Gen no difference really.

I think this will be the most successful MGS since MGS2 purely because its multi-plat now. Although i want Keifer to kill it, i secretly want him to fail so people go crazy and they have to bring Hayter back lol.

I just realized all the PS4 games i want release in or around March.
MGSV, Infamous, Watch Dogs and Theif. I dont have £200 for games!

I think this will be the most successful MGS since MGS2 purely because its multi-plat now. Although i want Keifer to kill it, i secretly want him to fail so people go crazy and they have to bring Hayter back lol.

Yea, I just checked out a list for next years games, and 2014 is really next gen. March is going to be terrible for my pockets.

Watch Dogs is practically my most anticipated game for this year. The entire concept about it looks so cool; almost like what a modern day Assassin's Creed game should look like.

And Kiefer's not going to be good in MGS V :lol. As if hearing Jack Bauer in the trailers wasn't strange enough. When Ground Zeroes is finally released, there's going to be endless debates and comparisons between him and Hayter.

Back