Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no-thank-you.gif

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills! Show is on my television right now, don’t judge me :lol

I didn't start a nonsensical argument, I was explaining why I think Solid is superior despite he didn't have the superior soldier genes. How is that a problem?

But, like always, if you don't agree with everyone this happens :dunno

So when you respond with stupid GIFs and have a nonsensical argument people have a problem with ya?

No way.

I didn't start a nonsensical argument, I was explaining why I think Solid is superior despite he didn't have the superior soldier genes. How is that a problem?

But, like always, if you don't agree with everyone.. this happens :dunno

Don’t worry Henry, some people in this thread don’t know the difference between a friendly debate and a heated argument.

Always ends in “I have better things to do with my time then continue arguing with you” or “You always start arguments here with your dumb opinions”

But, like always, if you don't agree with everyone.. this happens :dunno

Replay MGS 1; go on wiki if you have to. As it was stated multiple times before from several people, Solid Snake was the inferior clone. It's not subjective, as it was explicitly mentioned in MGS 1. Whatever you learned in school has no grounds on a fictional series about human clones.

I know the story, Thats how you think and its ok, I'm not saying thats wrong

Don’t worry Henry, some people in this thread don’t know the difference between a friendly debate and a heated argument.

Always ends in “I have better things to do with my time then continue arguing with you” or “You always start arguments here with your dumb opinions”

Arguments seems to be some people's raison d'etre :dunno

I bet if I was like that I would have fought with you just because you thought Skull face was gonna be a boss in GZ and I didn't :lol

Last edited:
Arguments seems to be some peoples raison d'etre :dunno

I bet if I was like that I would have fought with you just because you thought Skull face was gonna be a boss in GZ and I didn't :lol

Exactly, we disagreed and moved on. Nothing about this game should get people upset :slap

Look gents (and pturtle) this debate was between me and Henry.

Henry my first few posts were honestly trying to explain the game to you. It never seemed like an opinion until you said it was on this page. I think you should think about how you come off in your comments. Maybe the whole world isn't hostile maybe it's you? Either way agree to disagree I think? I am still unsure what you were even getting at but it does not matter because clearly we are not getting threw to each other.

Last edited:
Look gents (and pturtle) this debate was between me and Henry.

Henry my first few posts were honestly trying to explain the game to you. It never seemed like an opinion until you said it was on this page. I think you should think about how you come off in your comments. Maybe the whole world isn't hostile maybe it's you? Either way agree to disagree I think? I am still unsure what you were even getting at but it does not matter because clearly we are not getting threw to each other.

You edited my name in there for whatever reason. I’m just glad you took my advice and agree to disagree. But anyway funny thing is, if you guys read over the whole argument, you both were basically arguing the same thing.

You edited my name in there for whatever reason. I’m just glad you took my advice and agree to disagree. But anyway funny thing is, if you guys read over the whole argument, you both were basically arguing the same thing.

You are so right potato I did this all for you. Can you except me into your mentally deficient club now?

I don't mean to fan the flames, but I think what Henry means is:

Despite Solid having the recessive genes, and having being called "the inferior one", which he is not questioning that, at least doesn't look like it.

Depending on how you see the game and the characters, you can see the irony (or whatever) in Solid (the inferior) defeating Liquid (the superior), ergo, you could consider Solid as the superior basing solely on his actions and personality traits (again, depending on your take on the game).

Just another thing, I'm not a geneticist or anything, but recessive/dominant genes don't always produce a superior/inferior individual.

People just prefer to see Solid as the inferior because underdogs are more relatable, and because he was called so in the after credits, but truth is, according to Darwin, Solid would be the superior one :lol

This specific point has spawned discussions like these all over the MGS forums, even amongst MGS vets.

MGS 1 is just a game about a man who overcomes his own physical (predestined) limitations by defeating a brother - who, for all intents and purposes, should have won over him without any problems. And it just happens to be wrapped around a storyline, that's based on pseudo science about super-soldiers and genes. It's nonsensical to even attempt to apply real-world science on something like that.

Back