Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that chained Paz scene is in Mother Base, after they removed the bomb (I see some blood on her clothes)

Yea I think it is at mother base. The trailer shows Big Boss, Chico, and another MSF soldier (maybe Kaz) removing the bomb. So I guess it is after his solo mission to rescue her and Chico.

In terms of grit and and an overall serious atmosphere, MGS 1 did it perfectly. With that said, MGS V should not go too much to the "dark-side" to accomplish the same thing. Kojima just has to tone it down with the silly Japanese humor.

Yeah there's a balance that need to be hit

I do think this can push that boundary a little more as it's supposedly the events leading upto bb being bad

It's the best game for it really, what with the so called revamp to the series it could sit perfectly

I just wanna see BB turn in a *** hole .

:exactly::goodpost:

Liquid_Snake_and_Big_Boss_by_RonaldTheBad.jpg

And then... MG and MG2 remake :drool :drool :drool

But Solid isnt genetically superior....

Thats a contradiction imho, first Solid is superior and he wins, but then suddenly Liquid was the superior one... in my mind Solid being dominant will always be superior, MGS1 is the proof.

Maybe some soldier genes are recessive and thats why Liquid was "superior" but it seems that wasn't enough, Solid proved to be superior. Its just like the story of Eliab and David.

Last edited:
Thats a contradiction imho, first Solid is superior and he wins, but then suddenly Liquid was the superior, in my mind Solid being dominant will always be superior, MGS1 is the proof.

Maybe some soldier genes are recessive and thats why Liquid was "superior" but it seems that wasn't enough, Solid proved to be superior. Its just like the story of Eliab and David.

The underlined message of MGS1 is genes and heritage don't dictate your fate. You can break from whatever mold you're cast from and live the life you choose. Liquid is most certainly genetically superior to Solid but Solid has a reason to fight and over came the odds the same way he did when he killed Big Boss... twice.

The underlined message of MGS1 is genes and heritage don't dictate your fate. You can break from whatever mold you're cast from and live the life you choose. Liquid is most certainly genetically superior to Solid but Solid has a reason to fight and over came the odds the same way he did when he killed Big Boss... twice.

Yup. Time and time again, Solid Snake broke free from the limitations of his genes, and showed that a person isn't bound by the limitations of own their genetic fate.

I miss it when MGS games had deep underlying meanings that we could relate too...

Since they were born someone desided that Liquid got the superior half, but since Solid won it seems that was a wrong assumption

Exactly, but since you are made of genes that is a matter of perception, what matters is how you feel about it. Liquid was right... we can't fight our genes you can't change your body and soul. But that doesn't matter what matters is what you choose to do with your life, if you think you can do whatever you want and be free thats because your genes allow you to think that way

Since Solid's genes allowed him to be the person he is... a person that defeated everything that tried to kill him and a person that always cared more for others than himself, that makes me think all the superior thing is kind of subjective, the twins obviously had different genes and you can think that Liquid was superior because he had the best soldier genes but Solid proved to be better than Liquid and even BB and since you trully can't be someone else besides what your genes say... Its safe to think Solid is actually superior. Anyway... :lol I hope I explained this well otherwise I would sound like a fool.

Last edited:
Solid IS inferior gene wise its just a simple statement that genes are not everything. Big Boss was/is what he was/is because of the reasons he had to fight and the decisions he made, his genes barely had anything to do with it. If genes were all that it took to be the perfect soldier than Liquid and Solidus should of had no problems and excelled at everything they tried to do.

I'd recommend for anyone confused on the subject matter to go and replay MGS 1, as it's very explicit on Les Enfants Terribles. Liquid had the superior genes, and Solid Snake was inferior. But, Solid Snake surpassed his genes by defeating Liquid. It really isn't more complicated than that.

Solid IS inferior gene wise its just a simple statement that genes are not everything. Big Boss was/is what he was/is because of the reasons he had to fight and the decisions he made, his genes barely had anything to do with it. If genes were all that it took to be the perfect soldier than Liquid and Solidus should of had no problems and excelled at everything they tried to do.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

You need to understand that you are made of genes. They have everything to do with what you think or anything that your body can do, yes your brain is made of genes aswell everything you think is related to them in some way or another

When your mom and dad made you it was already enconded what you can do or what you can care about or do during your entire life, of course the environment is important too... you wouldn't be the same if you were born in the jungle. But much if not everything of what you are is enconded in your genes, seriously... I'm studying genetics, its what I do for a living

Bottom line, I'm saying that Solid is who he is because of his genes, his genes allowed him to be awesome and defeat Liquid and BB, end of the story. That was thanks to his genes, so IMHO he is superior because of that.

If Liquid had a better "killer instinct" because thats related to a recessive gene then its ok. He was superior if you consider that superior. But Solid proved to be superior after all, thats how I see it. I hope I explained myself well

Last edited:
I'd recommend for anyone confused on the subject matter to go and replay MGS 1, as it's very explicit on Les Enfants Terribles. Liquid had the superior genes, and Solid Snake was inferior. But, Solid Snake surpassed his genes by defeating Liquid. It really isn't more complicated than that.

There ya go. :lecture :exactly:

On a side note, I've easily probably accumulated more than 100 playtroughs of MGS1 since launch, and just finished it on Vita last night. At the very least, I'll play it once a year. :cuckoo:

You need to understand that you are made of genes.

When your mom and dad made you it was already enconded what you can do or what you can care about or do during your entire life, of course the environment is important too... you wouldn't be the same if you were born in the jungle. But much of not everything of what you are is enconded in your genes, seriously... I'm studying genetics, its what I do for a living

:slap

I understand that I am made of genes...You need to understand that this is really a simple answer.

Genes are not everything. I am sorry your teachers are telling you that but I have accomplished more in my 22 years of life than my father has in his 40 something you know why? Because we are different people with different priorities and different motives. It really is that simple. I could kick my Dads *** in a fight on top of Rex too. My Mom will forever be better at math than me but I will forever be twice the size of her, yet we share the same genes....

:slap

I understand that I am made of genes...You need to understand that this is really a simple answer.

Genes are not everything. I am sorry your teachers are telling you that but I have accomplished more in my 22 years of life than my father has in his 40 something you know why? Because we are different people with different priorities and different motives. It really is that simple. I could kick my Dads *** in a fight on top of Rex too. My Mom will forever be better at math than me but I will forever be twice the size of her, yet we share the same genes....

I guess its ok to think way, but all of that tells me that you know nothing about genes at all :dunno

Btw you don't have the exact same genes as your mother, if you are taller than her then maybe that gene was related to your father or maybe she had it but it wasn't activated when the cells started to replicate. There are other things that could've happened I could go on and on... but its better to research this for yourself if you are intrested :peace

Back