Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are so right potato I did this all for you. Can you except me into your mentally deficient club now?

As long as you recognize puppet :pfft:

I don't mean to fan the flames, but I think what Henry means is:

Despite Solid having the recessive genes, and having being called "the inferior one", which he is not questioning that, at least doesn't look like it.

Depending on how you see the game and the characters, you can see the irony (or whatever) in Solid (the inferior) defeating Liquid (the superior), ergo, you could consider Solid as the superior basing solely on his actions and personality traits (again, depending on your take on the game).

Just another thing, I'm not a geneticist or anything, but recessive/dominant genes don't always produce a superior/inferior individual.

People just prefer to see Solid as the inferior because underdogs are more relatable, and because he was called so in the after credits, but truth is, according to Darwin, Solid would be the superior one :lol

This specific point has spawned discussions like these all over the MGS forums, even amongst MGS vets.

:exactly: It is all subjective which is why nobody should be arguing who is right and who is wrong. Just depends on how you look at it or want to look at it.

I don't mean to fan the flames, but I think what Henry means is:

Despite Solid having the recessive genes, and having being called "the inferior one", which he is not questioning that, at least doesn't look like it.

Depending on how you see the game and the characters, you can see the irony (or whatever) in Solid (the inferior) defeating Liquid (the superior), ergo, you could consider Solid as the superior basing solely on his actions and personality traits (again, depending on your take on the game).

Just another thing, I'm not a geneticist or anything, but recessive/dominant genes don't always produce a superior/inferior individual.

People just prefer to see Solid as the inferior because underdogs are more relatable, and because he was called so in the after credits, but truth is, according to Darwin, Solid would be the superior one :lol

This specific point has spawned discussions like these all over the MGS forums, even amongst MGS vets.

That's the part I don't agree with. People want to think he is inferior because the whole moral of the game is not being a victim of fate and if he is superior than it no longer has that theme.

That's the part I don't agree with. People want to think he is inferior because the whole moral of the game is not being a victim of fate and if he is superior than it no longer has that theme.

Well, given that Solid was meant to be the inferior one since his birth, to later overcome his inherited inferiority, I think the theme still works.

Damn you guys are deep with the Metal Gear lore,which is always interesting to read. I just love playing all the games,and never put too much thought into everything else. That said Ground Zeroes is getting closer!!!

Damn you guys are deep with the Metal Gear lore,which is always interesting to read. I just love playing all the games,and never put too much thought into everything else. That said Ground Zeroes is getting closer!!!

Thats why the games are so great like Henry stated. They kind of have something for everyone. If you want to just pick it up and play, it is still that great, or if you want to sit back and analyze things.

MGS2 is the one I don't remember **** about :lol I've only played it twice and it's been ages since I played it again, it was the 1st game I played on the PS2, either that one or Onimusha, don't quite remember, but it's long overdue for another play-through.

MGS2 is the one I don't remember **** about :lol I've only played it twice and it's been ages since I played it again, it was the 1st game I played on the PS2, either that one or Onimusha, don't quite remember, but it's long overdue for another play-through.

I finished playing it again like 4 months ago. I enjoy it more and more every time but it is certainly the worst of the series in terms of . The bosses were just horrible. Some of the objectives were boring and annoying, but all around it still very solid, and holds up well.

He must love farting because Solidus can’t help but comment in this thread :slap

And look who unignored me :rotfl Just admit it, you love me.

Anyway that reenforces my previous statement, you like farting :pfft:

Nope, you're still on ignore :). I just can't help but take a peek at those little posts now and again.

Farting rulezzz

6e289a77770e790394559b3bdcbc1aa3.gif

:wave

To click "View Post" or to not click "View Post"? Nah.

What is it 3am in NY? And you’re posting those kind of things at this time.
I’m sure you have a life most men are jealous of :lol

Last edited:
Thats why the games are so great like Henry stated. They kind of have something for everyone. If you want to just pick it up and play, it is still that great, or if you want to sit back and analyze things.

Yes agreed.

I finished playing it again like 4 months ago. I enjoy it more and more every time but it is certainly the worst of the series in terms of . The bosses were just horrible. Some of the objectives were boring and annoying, but all around it still very solid, and holds up well.

Agreed here too. The one thing that MGS2 did for me is impress the **** out of me in the Gfx department. I remember being just amazed as all hell,such a beautiful looking game till this day. But yeah everything after the tanker chapter is such a **** up:lol. All I remember is running back and forth,back and forth blah!

Well, given that Solid was meant to be the inferior one since his birth, to later overcome his inherited inferiority, I think the theme still works.

Well the underlining theme to MGS1 as we all know was that you "can't be chained to fate, to be ruled by your genes." It's hard to say Snake ever was considering he never knew of his origin and Liquid obviously did from a very young age. Maybe things would of been different for Snake if he had all that negative reinforcement that Liquid had.

Back