Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate when sites post news articles like this especially when its related to Kojima. Heres hoping we find out what this is about in 2020!

I hate when sites post news articles like this especially when its related to Kojima. Heres hoping we find out what this is about in 2020!

At least thats one thing we both can agree on.

To be fair, I honestly hope I eat my words on this game when it's finally released and the battleground that is this thread is is finally realised and the real opinions start coming in :lol

If it's really good I will have no problem embracing it, I'll never warm to Sutherland but I'll tolerate in the spirit of metal gear. I know I don't really like or like the look of some of the features but after playing it that may or may not change.

It maybe a defining point in the series

To be fair, I honestly hope I eat my words on this game when it's finally released and the battleground that is this thread is is finally realised and the real opinions start coming in :lol

If it's really good I will have no problem embracing it, I'll never warm to Sutherland but I'll tolerate in the spirit of metal gear. I know I don't really like or like the look of some of the features but after playing it that may or may not change.

If this is successful, and when and if it brings more metal gear games; wouldn't it be a delight to hear Sutherland's big boss along with Hayter's solid snake, going at each other?

If this is successful, and when and if it brings more metal gear games; wouldn't it be a delight to hear Sutherland's big boss along with Hayter's solid snake, going at each other?

If they turn BB into the bad guy he is in MG1&2 then yeah

It'll probably end up different somehow or they'll be some weird dudebros doing questionable things. Then it'll ruin both Solid and Big Boss :lol

Same here, I have no problem if stating the game sucks, if it sucks. I always criticize MGS2, and Peace Walker, yet some people still think I haven’t said a bad word about the series. It’s just MGS2 happens to be a lot of peoples favorites here which I no problem.

I have faith this game will be great though, and if it isn’t all of us Metal Gear fans are losing.

Ones things for sure. Once you finish this game you're gonna know where the story is headed whether you like it or dislike it

I wonder if there was this much speculation or split opinions on any of the other games

Ones things for sure. Once you finish this game you're gonna know where the story is headed whether you like it or dislike it

I wonder if there was this much speculation or split opinions on any of the other games

I don't think so. I think the last game to really get this much attention was MGS4, but that was more on debating on how the series would end and what would come of Snake.

So this will end with Big Boss entering the 9 year long coma right?

I have the hope, I hope thats why Kojima wanted someone else to play Big Boss :pray: but who knows...

mh... maybe... maybe after MGS2 something similar happened, some people thought MGS3 was gonna be great and I'm sure others didn't, compared to MGS2 the hype for MGS3 was low

Back then I didn't know the general opinion on the games coming out but personally I was excited I liked MGS2

Not sure if this has been discussed before or not; but I didn't know big boss had prosthesis or was ever an amputee. And what of that shrapnel in his head?

:lol

In all the photos; it's hard to if he had a missing hand / arm cause he rocked an overcoat and black gloves. But that shrapnel though ...

Not sure if this has been discussed before or not; but I didn't know big boss had prosthesis or was ever an amputee. And what of that shrapnel in his head?

:lol

In all the photos; it's hard to if he had a missing hand / arm cause he rocked an overcoat and black gloves. But that shrapnel though ...

Seems like something Kojima retconed to to parallel the name and metaphor for the game The Phantom Pain. The shrapnel seems also nothing but cosmetic to show his now “demon” ways.

yeah, that horn was a nice touch :lol

The design for Big Boss in MGSV, I think is one of the best designs in all of the series. I even like the Big Boss pony tail on him. Nice little things to differentiate Big Boss from Solid Snake I’m all for.

So he needs a horn to show he turned bad ? I didnt see a horn for anyone else who was a baddie terrible idea.

He doesn’t need it, Just Kojima and his weird designs. The Horn is okay with me, but I like the rest of his design. Even all the scars on his face look cool to me. I hate Big Boss in a sneaking suit.

i hate seeing bb in mgs4 without a horn. maybe its shrapnel stuck in his head and it gets removed, then he turns bad as a result of a brain injury. dunno im just pissing into the wind on this one.

Last edited:
i hate seeing bb in mgs4 without a horn. maybe its shrapnel stuck in his head and it gets removed, then he turns bad as a result of a brain injury. dunno im just pissing in the wind on this one.

I thought about that, too, and it's possible that it's heading into that direction. But, I don't see how it's even necessary as a plot device, considering that Big Boss already has enough premise for turning into a villain - with all of the tragedies and betrayal from the government that he suffered throughout his years.

So, it would seem pretty ridiculous if Kojima needs a horn to give him brain damage and turn him evil. But, like I said, that could very well be it :lol. Remember the "Men become demons" thing in the trailer?

Back