Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm blinded by the whiteness of the new layout. It's so white, I expect Vanilla Ice to drop a rap song here soon.

I've yet to see the layout since I'm on the phone but its wreaking havoc on tapatalk!

Also plis your argument seems to only tackle the game after multiple playthroughs.

The first experience was great. Fatman was stupid and ridiculous but his fight was soo ridiculously fun the first few times you gotta admit.

Fortune was cool the first time for me cause it was the first time I saw a destructible environment like that.

I see your point. Fatman was hard to get used to at first since he's moving quickly and you got to deal with the bombs at the same time. If he didn't have the bombs he would just be a push over. Fortune was tough the first time, now I Matrix cartwheel around her shots. I remember the first time Vamp stuck a knife in my shadow and I'm like WTF? :lol Solidus was intimidating because of his speed, but once you remember the pattern he's easy. I didn't know for years that you can swat his missiles with the sword, but requires precise timing.

On Snakes hair, it's actually not a mullet. In the design document for MgS2 it's described as low-energy hair (in Japanese) which really means unkept hair. Snake didn't give a **** about his appearance.

Also mullets are way more extreme to what snake has

Thats what I always thought about his hair in MGS2 it doesn't really look like any specific kind of haircut

If you thought those battles were easy the first time then you lie. I agree Vamps was crap though.
Also aim and shoot.... Isn't that most of the bosses in the series? Lol

Fatman is easy, having a problem to find the bomb doesn't make the boss hard, he is already defeated. Vamp was hard until I destroyed the lights and took away his most powerful attack :lol MG Ray are not hard when you figure out how they move. The rest was easy.

I think the only MGS2 Bosses I like to fight over and over again are Olga and Vamp. Nothing special about Vamp, but I really like to kick his ***. I also liked Solidus but that boss gets easier and easier till the point it gets boring for me, same with the Harrier

The MGS3 Bosses are my favourites some of them are extremely fun

Last edited:
Am I the only one who got the platinum trophy for MGS2 and currently is crazy enough to attempt it AGAIN for another PSN account? :lol

Last edited:
I never got the Platinums for any of the games. I 100% 2 and 3 back on the PS2 and 4 long before there were trophies on it. I cannot bring my self to do it again.

Lol. And Pliss, don't forget you have the plat for Rising, something that requires stones of steel.

Though I have to admit I'm reattempting the platinum for MGS2 and 3 trough the "Transfarring" feature (yeah, stupid name) which also allows me to earn double trophies! That means if I earn a trophies for the Vita, I also get them for the PS3 and vice versa. While I'm late to the party, I have to say the the Vita versions are sweet and the idea of playing MGS2/3 on the go is more fun than I initially gave the notion credit for.

I never got the Platinums for any of the games. I 100% 2 and 3 back on the PS2 and 4 long before there were trophies on it. I cannot bring my self to do it again.

It's slightly harder on PS3 because the Dualshock 3 isn't as sensitive as the Dualshock 2, which means those MGS1 Snake hold up missions WILL put the fear of God in you. :lol

MGS4's Plat run is a pain in the ****ing ***. You can ruin your PS3 leaving it on all night trying to get those dumb emblems.

The Boss Extreme bike chase was the hardest for me. I think I spent an entire day and 3 packs of smokes to get through that section alone. :slap

Lol. And Pliss, don't forget you have the plat for Rising, something that requires stones of steel.

Though I have to admit I'm reattempting the platinum for MGS2 and 3 trough the "Transfarring" feature (yeah, stupid name) which also allows me to earn double trophies! That means if I earn a trophies for the Vita, I also get them for the PS3 and vice versa. While I'm late to the party, I have to say the the Vita versions are sweet and the idea of playing MGS2/3 on the go is more fun than I initially gave the notion credit for.

I gotta pick up a vita for that very reason. Doing the VR missions on the go is likely the only way I would do them.

You know it kind of sucks that the Snake vs Monkey isnt on the HD versions

I gotta pick up a vita for that very reason. Doing the VR missions on the go is likely the only way I would do them.

You know it kind of sucks that the Snake vs Monkey isnt on the HD versions

It's AWESOME. Sure, MGS2 runs at a variable frame-rate, MGS3 is capped at 30fps and there's ZERO anti-aliasing whatsoever but when I show the games to buddies they all go :drool

Plus there's that OLED screen. My god is it gorgeous.

Snake Vs Monkey was removed because of a Microsoft policy of not allowing multiplat games to have more features on their competitive consoles. Crazy, I know.

It's AWESOME. Sure, MGS2 runs at a variable frame-rate, MGS3 is capped at 30fps and there's ZERO anti-aliasing whatsoever but when I show the games to buddies they all go :drool

Plus there's that OLED screen. My god is it gorgeous.

Yeah I am not sure what I am waiting for. Maybe after I get Raiden and Liquid and Solidus Play arts I will go grab a vita.

Can I just say that the fact its pronounced VEETA instead of vita kind of annoys me. They said at the reveal that VEETA means life and I was like "Quick someone check my veetals!"

Yeah I am not sure what I am waiting for. Maybe after I get Raiden and Liquid and Solidus Play arts I will go grab a vita.

Can I just say that the fact its pronounced VEETA instead of vita kind of annoys me. They said at the reveal that VEETA means life and I was like "Quick someone check my veetals!"

Just avoid the Vita2000 if you can. It's superior in design in every way EXCEPT the screen, which is an LCD. I think Sony spoiled us with the OLED screen, now they've accidentally set the bar for portable gaming displays higher than they intended. :lol

If you thought those battles were easy the first time then you lie. I agree Vamps was crap though.
Also aim and shoot.... Isn't that most of the bosses in the series? Lol

Most of the bosses you have to do something else in order to usually defeat them, But actually thinking about it, MGS2 bosses weren’t that bad. Vamp definitely was and I still found Solidus to be kind of underwhelming for a final boss, but yea, I guess they were alright.

Last edited:
It's slightly harder on PS3 because the Dualshock 3 isn't as sensitive as the Dualshock 2, which means those MGS1 Snake hold up missions WILL put the fear of God in you. :lol

The Boss Extreme bike chase was the hardest for me. I think I spent an entire day and 3 packs of smokes to get through that section alone. :slap

I think I was complaining to Plis while we were on the PSN, as I was struggling with it last year. I literally could not get through it. Then I discovered the auto-aim feature that made things significantly easier :rotfl.

I think I was complaining to Plis while we were on the PSN, as I was struggling with it last year. I literally could not get through it. Then I discovered the auto-aim feature that made things significantly easier :rotfl.

You mean with MGS4?

That bike chase is a nightmare, stupid ****ing tranq kills >_>

Back