Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is amazing :lol

Also listened to MGS3's ending credits song, Way to Fall. Such a beautiful piece, I think it's underrated as everyone talks about the other songs but this...

I use to listen to it everyday I drove to school.

Snake eater is the best though!

That is amazing :lol

Also listened to MGS3's ending credits song, Way to Fall. Such a beautiful piece, I think it's underrated as everyone talks about the other songs but this...

I have the Starsailor CD that the song originated from. Great album.

Love_is_Here_Starsailor.jpg

I Always thought that song was out of place for the end credits song.

I always liked that jazzy number at the end of MGS2. But I guess that's cuz I love Jazz.

1. Best is yet to come
2. Snake Eater
3. Can't say good buy to yesterday

MGSVs song sounds like a killer though, can't wait to hear it in full thing. I'm soo soo glad there isn't gonna be some crappy Jpop song in there!

“Sins of the Father” is already one of my favorites. I hope they release the whole thing soon.

I like “Heres to you” a lot as well. But I prefer the Ennio Morricone version better. I know they chose that song for the Kojima’s original ending but it was okay for the ending we got as well.

Man that original ending was gonna be a HUGE slap in the face, fighting the system for the entire franchise and then the hero surrenders to the system or... "justice" wtf :slap :lol thank god it didn't happen, the ending we got is muuuuch better.

I like how Sins of the Father is a song made for the game, the lyrics make sense, unlike others.. there was no Bart or Nicola in MGS4 :lol

I Always thought that song was out of place for the end credits song.

I always liked that jazzy number at the end of MGS2. But I guess that's cuz I love Jazz.

1. Best is yet to come
2. Snake Eater
3. Can't say good buy to yesterday

MGSVs song sounds like a killer though, can't wait to hear it in full thing. I'm soo soo glad there isn't gonna be some crappy Jpop song in there

I'd list my favorites in that order, too :exactly:. And yeah, "Koi no Yokushiryoku" had no business being in Peace Walker. The setting was in freakin' Latin America, and all of a sudden a Japanese pop song gets pull out at the end :lol. It was a very nice song, but so out-of-place.

I'd list my favorites in that order, too :exactly:. And yeah, "Koi no Yokushiryoku" had no business being in Peace Walker. The setting was in freakin' Latin America, and all of a sudden a Japanese pop song gets pull out at the end :lol. It was a very nice song, but so out-of-place.

Not even some trumpets or maracas.... meh, it should have been something like this:

Am I the only one who like the Abstracted Camouflage version of Snake Eater more than the the mix that was in the game itself? I love the more upbeat and more contemporary mix (which Norihiko Hibino admitted creating this mix to contrast with the obvious 60's reference of the original song).

It seems we are two :lol I prefer that version. But actually, the best version for me is this one

I am a man of simple taste. The menu theme from MGS2 is still my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Iw-s2G824

Well, we all can agree that Norihiko Hibino is the unsung hero of MGS. He truly gave the feel and tone to the MGS games just as much or one would argue more so than Harry Gregson-Williams. Too bad he's gone for good.

@Dylan, as for the MGS2 menu theme, it's my favorite too. There's this wail that goes in the background of the song that accompanies the John Crapenter style of electronic music that makes the track really haunting. I always pegged it as a post-modern Escape from New York song, if that made any sense. :lol

@Dylan, as for the MGS2 menu theme, it's my favorite too. There's this wail that goes in the background of the song that accompanies the John Crapenter style of electronic music that makes the track really haunting. I always pegged it as a post-modern Escape from New York song, if that made any sense. :lol

I could see that. I have always had an ear for electronic music for some reason. The first time I heard the Escape from New York theme it was stuck in my head for days and I was pretty young.

I could see that. I have always had an ear for electronic music for some reason. The first time I heard the Escape from New York theme it was stuck in my head for days and I was pretty young.

Yeah me too ever since I saw Escape from New York and my mom is a big electronic music fan in the 70's and 80's so I got it from her too. MGS1, MGS2, & Ghost Babel had kick@$$ BGMs. One would be a fool not to have them in their music library. :lol

Just in case you don't know, there were 4 soundtracks to MGS2, 1) The standard OST. 2) The Otherside OST. 3) The Black Sorter OST 4) The White Sorter OST. Not many people realize the Black and White sorter have different and expanded mixes than what we heard in the game. Here's a sample:

Now that is cool. I will have to check those out. I actually dont own a single MGS soundtrack I just find them on youtube when I want to hear them.

I am not sure if you're a shooter fan but Battlefield 3 has a surprisingly good OST. Its dark and mood setting and one of my favorites. It does get dubbsteppy at times but its still good.

I like the bgm in mgs1 when you first go into the hanger where REX is and it's starts of with like a Hummmm.

REX is in front looking down and menacing. MGS sets the tone brilliantly with the choices of music

Yeah me too ever since I saw Escape from New York and my mom is a big electronic music fan in the 70's and 80's so I got it from her too. MGS1, MGS2, & Ghost Babel had kick@$$ BGMs. One would be a fool not to have them in their music library. :lol

Just in case you don't know, there were 4 soundtracks to MGS2, 1) The standard OST. 2) The Otherside OST. 3) The Black Sorter OST 4) The White Sorter OST. Not many people realize the Black and White sorter have different and expanded mixes than what we heard in the game. Here's a sample:

Mentioning the black and white sorters, did you ever buy them, Ryan? I really want to, some day.. but man, they're so incredibly expensive.

By the way, guys, I'm trying to revitalize that old MGS group I started way back in 2009. I've just updated the icon and I've deleted some old discussions. So, feel free to drop in and talk about anything relating to MGS that you'd rather not discuss in public (or whatever else, I'll leave to your imaginations :monkey4).

I've sent out some more invites, but feel free to ask permission to join and I'll add you. Unless of course, you've been casted out of "Heaven" (the group) by me, then there's no coming back - so don't even bother to ask permission, if that's the case :panic:.

Mentioning the black and white sorters, did you ever buy them, Ryan? I really want to, some day.. but man, they're so incredibly expensive.

You're right, they're WAY too pricey! I too want them one day, it's really something I'd love to have ever since I learned about them in 2003. :crying

You're right, they're WAY too pricey! I too want them one day, it's really something I'd love to have ever since I learned about them in 2003. :crying

They're certainly some of the most coveted MGS collectibles I can think of. The funny thing is, I stopped visiting Metal Gear JD because everyone had stuff I wanted - INCLUDING THE SORTERS!! :monkey4 I swear, the guys on that forum are either millionaires, or they're selling their organs to the highest bidder.

Back