Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't take much to please the new wave of MGS fans.

I feel old.

A lot of kids today started from Peace Walker and cherry pick the older games from metacritic. Most of what I've seen is that they always start on MGS3, watch a Let's Play of MGS1, and give up playing MGS2. It's no wonder MGS today is catered to mass market appeal.

I feel old.

A lot of kids today started from Peace Walker and cherry pick the older games from metacritic. Most of what I've seen is that they always start on MGS3, watch a Let's Play of MGS1, and give up playing MGS2. It's no wonder MGS today is catered to mass market appeal.

No kidding. But, what annoys me about most of them, is that they act so entitled to a series that they hardly even know about (and couldn't even bother to play). And they'll argue with you without end on the stupidest things on sites like Facebook and YouTube.

I feel like Old Snake where this series is concerned...

I feel old.

Exactly. I do believe MGS3 is what raised the franchise to what it is now, and Kojima has been trying to stroke out another MGS3 for years.

No kidding. But, what annoys me about most of them, is that they act so entitled to a series that they hardly even know about (and couldn't even bother to play). And they'll argue with you without end on the stupidest things on sites like Facebook and YouTube.

You and me both :lol

You have no idea how many times I've came across those kinds of people, it's their life and their right so I just avoid them when I read their comments on places such as Facebook or Youtube.

Here's a story for ya. I once helped out a (now) popular female Youtuber in getting into the MGS series. I was so passionate about MGS of course I'd like to see someone get into the series the right way. We went back and forth in the PMs and I went to great lengths talking about the games with her. I told her NOT to play the games chronologically and instead start with MGS1 at least. She thanked me and told me she'll attempt the series some day.

About a year later she vlogged about playing MGS3, and she made extremely lengthy vlogs about the entire MGS series with glaring errors because she never played MGS1 or 2 and just read up about them. :slap

You have no idea how many times I've came across those kinds of people, it's their life and their right so I just avoid them when I read their comments on places such as Facebook or Youtube.

Here's a story for ya. I once helped out a (now) popular female Youtuber in getting into the MGS series. I was so passionate about MGS of course I'd like to see someone get into the series the right way. We went back and forth in the PMs and I went to great lengths talking about the games with her. I told her NOT to play the games chronologically and instead start with MGS1 at least. She thanked me and told me she'll attempt the series some day.

About a year later she vlogged about playing MGS3, and she made extremely lengthy vlogs about the entire MGS series with glaring errors because she never played MGS1 or 2 and just read up about them. :slap

Obvious Kojima retcons are obvious. You cannot play these in the chronological order for the first time you play it, it completely ruins the experience. What a waste of energy in typing to this tool :slap

Obvious Kojima retcons are obvious. You cannot play these in the chronological order for the first time you play it, it completely ruins the experience. What a waste of energy in typing to this tool :slap

Exactly. Playing chronologically is the the kind of advice you'd find on Gamefaqs. (another site that I quit). :lol

Wow ryan that is dumb, I feel for you. I played these in a slightly different order in how I bought them: MGS1, MGS 3 (3DS Port), MGS2, MGS4, MGS PW. MGS2, 4, and PW I bought through Legacy Collection but I bought MGS1 off PSN as well. I do agree playing them chronologically doesn't work at all, same with some other series. I do feel some older fans of this series (no on here, believe me) can be pretty bad too even though I'm technically a newer generation.

I got into MGS1 when it was released. I got it as a Christmas present from my mother’s boyfriend and I didn’t play it for like 2 months because I hated him naturally :lol

Once I played it I was hooked. I was like 8 or 9. I remember thinking it was the coolest game. Like a year later I had a fair amount of the mcfarlane figures. And that is the origin of pturtle and Metal Gear. :lol

I did like two 12 hour shifts the first time I played it. I've never been so addicted to a game in my life. The immersiveness was God like :lol

I immediately started a new playthrough since I chose to submit to the torture and killed Meryl :lol

I did like two 12 hour shifts the first time I played it. I've never been so addicted to a game in my life. The immersiveness was God like :lol

I immediately started a new playthrough since I chose to submit to the torture and killed Meryl :lol

I thought the game was too hard for me at the time.

I was overwhelmed by everything you can do. I remember being able to smoke cigarettes when I wanted and was like “this is next gen” :lol

I remember feeling pretty dwarfed in the first lift section :lol

It was like nothing I had ever experienced in my life. It felt real if you know what I mean, not videogame like and serious and abit dark too at first

Never had that experience since. I think it's why the series is so dear to me, the first game especially

I remember when I was a lot younger, I was stuck I don't remember where in MGS2, I was so frustrated by it that I called a friend like at 1:00 in the morning just so he could tell me how to pass that section, he was asleep obviously, and I called in secret of course, cause I was not allowed to call people at such hours :lol

I 1st played MGS1 in the famous demo disc in the PS1, I couldn't believe how lifelike it was for that time.

I also remember as a kid playing MGS1 there was a rumour going around that if you completed the game 100 times on one save file you could walk around as REX (totally farfetched I know)

Me and my best friend who was also really into it spent an entire weekend completing it as many times as possible trying to do it.

Can't remember how many times it was but it was a lot

I also remember as a kid playing MGS1 there was a rumour going around that if you completed the game 100 times on one save file you could walk around as REX (totally farfetched I know)

Me and my best friend who was also really into it spent an entire weekend completing it as many times as possible trying to do it.

Can't remember how many times it was but it was a lot

Thats brutal man :lol

When I played Ocelot's torture chamber I instantly gave up by accident :lol The worst. Makes you want to restart the whole game.

I think Metal Gear is one of the only games that still acts as though it's a game, like the colonel actually asking you to press the action button and so forth. Cant think of another game like this off the top of my head

Back