Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a PS for xmas one year that came with the demo. It was the best game I had ever seen. It referenced movies I already liked and the voice acting was crazy. Snake instantly replaced CPL Hicks as my childhood role model .

This was the most intimidated I've ever been by a boss battle. As the elevator is going up all I'm thinking is "how in the **** do they expect you to fight this thing!?" :lol

I remember i was in HMV and looking to buy a new game. It fell between MGS1 and GTA(the 2D one lol). I chose MGS1 for the badass cover.

As soon as i stuck it in and it had the movie intro, i was hooked! The voice actors, art direction and tone was just perfection to me.

I chose the Otacon ending cause my stupid child fingers couldn't mash the buttons fast enough lol. I loed the fact that he didn't save the girl in the end. It humanized Snake and endeared me to him at the end

Considering the times, REX was the best boss battle back then and the most overwhelming BY FAR..

When I played Ocelot's torture chamber I instantly gave up by accident :lol The worst. Makes you want to restart the whole game.

I think Metal Gear is one of the only games that still acts as though it's a game, like the colonel actually asking you to press the action button and so forth. Cant think of another game like this off the top of my head

I remember when I reached the torture part the last save I had was like before the fight with the tank :slap and Ocelot said something like "you didn't save in a while snake, why don't you just give up?" luckily I survived the torture and used the ketchup to get out, I don't even know how I did it I bet it was a lucky accident :lol

Those were the days...

THE Big Boss.

BeFOfbiCQAA4nCP.jpg:large

Yup :lol. It's only a place-holder for now, though. Ryan just sent me some awesome shots of the crazy President, so I'll crop something else and use it as my avatar.

It's looking real nice, I usually skip Play arts cause they have many things I don't like, but I have to say, Solidus is freaking cool.

Thanks! :lol

I've practically left PAK figure collecting, though. A few of us were talking about it last night in the MGS collectibles thread. Personally, I find the PAK figures are just too expensive right now - especially considering that they're mass produced, and tend to be riddled with manufacturing defects (and sloppy paint apps) out-of-the-box. The new Big Boss figure from Ground Zeroes is selling for $100 :slap. Compare that to the similar "Sneaking Suit" figure, that retailed for a mere $39 at MSRP, back in 2010.

Solidus and Raiden (from Rising) are definitely my favorite figures out of the bunch, though. I absolutely love those two.

Thanks! :lol

I've practically left PAK figure collecting, though. A few of us were talking about it last night in the MGS collectibles thread. Personally, I find the PAK figures are just too expensive right now - especially considering that they're mass produced, and tend to be riddled with manufacturing defects (and sloppy paint apps) out-of-the-box. The new Big Boss figure from Ground Zeroes is selling for $100 :slap. Compare that to the similar "Sneaking Suit" figure, that retailed for a mere $39 at MSRP, back in 2010.

Solidus and Raiden (from Rising) are definitely my favorite figures out of the bunch, though. I absolutely love those two.

Yeah I heard about GZ Snake, it's crazy, I only have 2 PAKs Cyborg Ninja which I got for the equivalent of around $60 bucks, in the Mexican version of eBay; "El eBayo" not really :slap and Jungle fatigues Snake, and they came up kinda nice 'cept for Snake's eyes, he looks like a crackhead :lol

My jungle fatigues Big Boss has a twisted mustache and a crack in his crotch.......

I guess because he was enjoying some "Miller time" on the beach :lol.

Adam Sessler finally coming out today on his honest to God opinion on MGS. It's at (40:36). I've been a huge fan of Adam for nearly a decade now and I always suspected this. :lol

Damn can't watch, work PC blocks it. What does he say Ryan?

Oh man, I'd rather not spoil it for you but basically it's Adam weekly Google hangout chat with the fans on gaming related discussions. He finally (in front of at least 2 MGS fans on the chat) discloses just how much he dislikes the series. I think I spotted one guy who was speechless by his total disgust for Kojima. :lol

Adam is a smart man. He's my favorite gaming personality/commenter/host ever and his opinions, while sometimes not popular, are always rational, honest and evoke the current state of gaming. Him finally coming out on MGS is quite shocking indeed (since during X-Play he was forced to narrate the "perfect score" for MGS4).

Solidus mentioned that Adam pretty much disclosed a lot of the issues guys like us are having with MGS right now. And there's this thing about eggs that I'd rather you find out yourself, Pliss. :lol

Last edited:
Back