Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam Sessler finally coming out today on his honest to God opinion on MGS. It's at (40:36). I've been a huge fan of Adam for nearly a decade now and I always suspected this. :lol

I was able to watch it Ryan. Perfect point by Adam. Kojima does get a pass for WAY too much weirdness. There was so much crap he stuck in MGS4 and PW which are probably supposed to mean something, but they don't :lol

I don't get the egg crap from MGS4 at all. She tries all game to get them right, and then does. So what was the meaning of it?

I honestly think if MGSV will be more of the same, maybe the masses will finally catch on that Kojima is a hokey creep with this over-dramatic shallow storytelling that really serves no purpose.

I was able to watch it Ryan. Perfect point by Adam. Kojima does get a pass for WAY too much weirdness. There was so much crap he stuck in MGS4 and PW which are probably supposed to mean something, but they don't :lol

I don't get the egg crap from MGS4 at all. She tries all game to get them right, and then does. So what was the meaning of it?

I honestly think if MGSV will be more of the same, maybe the masses will finally catch on that Kojima is a hokey creep with this over-dramatic shallow storytelling that really serves no purpose.

Exactly, I wished somebody at Konami (or maybe Kojima himself) would watch that video and just take a step back and see how redundant the series has become.

Did you check out the egg boobies? No? Well here it is to torment you!

Fm8N4zv.gif

The eggs reflect whats going to happen in that chapter. Like Sunny Burns half when Snake gets his face burnt and then in the last chapter she is finally able to get them right thanks to Naomi just like the world is going to be ride of the Patriots thanks to Naomi....... I think I just realized Naomi is the real hero of MGS. At any rate, why these eggs reflect the future I have no idea but they are supposed to be a fortune for some reason.

Kojima needs a Co writer they will tell him to chill out and try and tie some of this **** up before the script is finalized.

I was all good with Kojima weirdness in MGS2 since it seemed to have a meaning. MGS3 is where it stated to weird me out with silly more cartoony bosses.

MGS4 is where it became a real problem. All the stuff I loved about the series was still there but mixed with a bunch of horrendous garbage.

MGSV is his final chance IMO. If he doesn't have his **** together by now, especially with all the changes he made I'm done with the new

Same here. I will be waiting for the eventual combo pack that includes Ground Zeroes and MGSV in one package. I was ready for the series to be over with after 4 and the only aspect of the story I really even want to see any more is how Raiden rescued Sunny.

I was all good with Kojima weirdness in MGS2 since it seemed to have a meaning. MGS3 is where it stated to weird me out with silly more cartoony bosses.

MGS4 is where it became a real problem. All the stuff I loved about the series was still there but mixed with a bunch of horrendous garbage.

MGSV is his final chance IMO. If he doesn't have his **** together by now, especially with all the changes he made I'm done with the new

I love MGS3, but mostly due to the gameplay, music and the ending. The cutscenes in general were way beyond cheesy and campy (which was intentional) but ends up as a double edge sword for Kojima to revive interest after the MGS2 fan backlash. It doesn't bear repeated viewings as say, MGS1. And pressing R1 to look at boobs gets old real quick.

MGS4 was a neat idea, but the execution was sloppy and lacks the sense of wonder the old games had. It does seemed like the overly long cutscenes were just there for Kojima to finally realize his film making desires. The sound mixing of that game (done by Skywalker Sound) still has no equal.

This is the first MGS I don't give a **** enough to get at launch. Never thought that would happen :lol

So PS3 digital download then?

Same here. I will be waiting for the eventual combo pack that includes Ground Zeroes and MGSV in one package. I was ready for the series to be over with after 4 and the only aspect of the story I really even want to see any more is how Raiden rescued Sunny.

The whole chronology is bloated probably beyond saving but I don't entirely blame Kojima. He just needs to put his foot down and stop. MGS2 was such a transcending ending had the series ended there. But noo, people took that game literally hence why they wanted an explanation for everything.

First Mgs i’ll be renting instead of buying I Dont care enough anymore.
Seems like MGSV is alienating longtime fans on a daily basis now. So just what demographic is this game aimed at then? :lol

The whole chronology is bloated probably beyond saving but I don't entirely blame Kojima. He just needs to put his foot down and stop. MGS2 was such a transcending ending had the series ended there. But noo, people took that game literally hence why they wanted an explanation for everything.

Unfortunately I would be one of those people. I was pretty young when I played it for the first time and a lot of it was missed on me until I was older

Thanks for the video!

I have never been big on Sessler. He seems to try to stir up things in the gaming business to be relevant. His outrage over the “Bros over Hoes” trophy was just begging for attention.

Also he thinks MGS2 is the worst of them all….

Thanks for the video!

I have never been big on Sessler. He seems to try to stir up things in the gaming business to be relevant. His outrage over the “Bros over Hoes” trophy was just begging for attention.

Also he thinks MGS2 is the worst of them all….

i think MGS2 is the worst also .

tumblr_lmxjqkh1N61qcy9i0.gif

i think MGS2 is the worst also .

tumblr_lmxjqkh1N61qcy9i0.gif

So do I, but most of the guys on here defending Sessler think it is up there with the best. Judging on story alone, it is incredible, but as an overall game it is underwhelming.

So do I, but most of the guys on here defending Sessler think it is up there with the best. Judging on story alone, it is incredible, but as an overall game it is underwhelming.

Waiting for Henry and how followers to chime in oh MGS2 is the greatest.

get-out-of-here-gif.gif

I always just wanted a badass sequel to MGS1 with Snake. With a badass story awesome tone and cool bosses.

MGS2 was great but I was hoping the sequel was Snake tracking down the patriots and killing them... Or something.

Now all I want is Solid Snake adventures with a CLOSED story! Ala Uncharted.
Kojima proved he's great with one shots the most so why not!?

I only like MGS2 for Snake and the Patriots, that's all. The worst game of them all for me is MGS4. I give PW a pass since it's too ridiculous to even acknowledge as part of the main series.

Back