Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for Henry and how followers to chime in oh MGS2 is the greatest.

get-out-of-here-gif.gif

Nope, Mgs1 is the best in my opinion followed by Snake Eater. I put MGS2 over the psp games though :lol

Last edited:
MGS2 is probably my favorite and I think Sessler is great. He has a different opinion than me but at least he isn't a drone to whatever is popular like most game journalists today. I will admit the "Bros before hoes" thing was stupid and over blown tho.

Last edited:
MGS2 would of been so much more liked if it got rid of Dead Cell for something else, and got rid of Raiden. Sorry, sacrificing face time for the main character so you can have a big brother message with a flamboyant big brother controlled girly man was a horrendous error on his part.

No you're right. I totally understand all complaints about MGS2 hell I understand all complaints about MGS as a series but it just appeals to me.

Believe me I get it. I like MGS2 as well, it just could of been so much more. He chose to go this weird Sci Fi route with really nothing to take away from at the end of it.

The convoluted S3 explanation which I tried wrapping my brain around for years until MGS4 comes out... and it's just not even acknowledged...

And like, the Patriots turn out to be all A.I.s? Ughh

Yeah, it would be cool if the "Snake Tales" stuff actually was the event through Snakes eyes. Even so tho for a game he is barely in they managed to create his most recognized look and my favorite characterization of him in the series.

Yeah, it would be cool if the "Snake Tales" stuff actually was the event through Snakes eyes. Even so tho for a game he is barely in they managed to create his most recognized look and my favorite characterization of him in the series.

...and Kojima kills your expectations of getting a full game of him like that by making him old...

I just realized that every game following MGS1, has left me wishing the game was set up with a completely different like with story or characters :lol

:lecture:goodpost:

In one hand I admire that he wont ever give us what we expect on the other hand we have started to expect the unexpected so he still kind of does.

Very good point. The whole time playing MGS2 the first time, I didn't give a **** about Raiden or his relationship with Rose. As I was playing as him, I only thought about what Snake was doing and praying to run into him again. It was like hoping to see that girl you really liked in school and you wanted to talk to her :rotfl

Which is basically what they wanted to do. In MGS1 Snake is this bad *** guy that we all sort of identify with but in MGS2 he is this 20 foot tall walking bad *** we could never dream of being. I kind of like that.

That feeling we had toward Snake in MGS2 was the whole basis of Snake being in the Plant Chapter at all. I appreciated it and it made me like him even more... but dumb Raiden...

I hated Raiden at the beginning. I sort of hated the game in general. He wouldn't stop crying and the Codecs wouldn't stop coming over and over and over and over. It was maddening. It was about the time you begin the bomb disposal that I started to kind of like Raiden and really began to enjoy the game play. From the Sniper section on is legendary to me.

Believe me I get it. I like MGS2 as well, it just could of been so much more. He chose to go this weird Sci Fi route with really nothing to take away from at the end of it.

The convoluted S3 explanation which I tried wrapping my brain around for years until MGS4 comes out... and it's just not even acknowledged...

And like, the Patriots turn out to be all A.I.s? Ughh

I love the first 15 mins of MGS2 then it go’s downhill and yea i think MGS4 has something to do with it for me yea the big bad guy was a A.I Sysyem is this Terminator now ?Plus the decision's Kojima has made making Ocelot the main bad guy turning SS into a joke.

Raiden came off as a crybaby nerd who fanboyed over Snake and everything else. He was so clueless, and just not interesting. And yes, **** Rose. She was so annoying...she thinks her relationship with Raiden takes precedence over the fate of millions. I was so glad when I heard Raiden say "you're a despicable woman" when I pressed R1 and R2 during her codecs. I would have ditched her for Emma, Emma was pretty interesting and by god I was struck hard when I saw her die, especially with Otacon's following reaction...MGS2 was good, don't get me wrong, but it had some bad screw ups. I did like Raiden more as the game went on, but I hate his emo attitude that kind of followed. So he was just ok, nothing like Otacon, all of the Snakes, Ocelot, etc. I think Raiden's fanbase is kind of crazy because they defend him pretty crazily, though.

Also I am with everyone else on getting this great look for Snake in MGS2, only to get Old Snake in MGS4...seriously I hate that. We only got two 3D games with Snake, and he basically cameo'd in MGS2. Compare this to Big Boss and how many 3D games he's getting.

Thanks for the video!

I have never been big on Sessler. He seems to try to stir up things in the gaming business to be relevant. His outrage over the “Bros over Hoes” trophy was just begging for attention.

Also he thinks MGS2 is the worst of them all….
I feel so bad for Santa Monica, they didn't deserve that. GoW Ascension was not that good a game, but still. And anyone who defended Sessler during that thing with GoW should be booted off the internet, dear god his defenders were stuck up. However, I think you're onto something with trying to be relevant, good observation. Either way I never liked him, kind of a tool.

WARNING SPOILERS:

Seems to be very few actual storyline mission completion achievements.
https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes/achievements/

I'm totally going for that Hero achievement :clap

my body is ready

arpAV5B_460sa.gif

If it doesn't end with the coma then it's doing it wrong. Imo Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes should have been half of MGSV each, all it means is that GZ is essentially a £30 demo that leaves you wanting to play the actual game instead.

Another smart move by konami... just like when MGS2 was released "yeah guys, you'll play as your favourite hero during the whole game!" :lol

Thanks for the video!

I have never been big on Sessler. He seems to try to stir up things in the gaming business to be relevant. His outrage over the “Bros over Hoes” trophy was just begging for attention.

Also he thinks MGS2 is the worst of them all….

MGS2 works better as a piece of art than a videogame IMHO

Waiting for Henry and how followers to chime in oh MGS2 is the greatest.

Are you crazy? MGS3/1 are the greatest, I'm just not a MGS2 hayter like others :wave

Last edited:
Back